Now we see why those Tourney Sak weights are so big

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Tournament fisherman are the same type of people that take golf super seriously instead of just slamming a 12 pack like the rest of us. I bet they all shoot 6.5 creedmoor’s too

Ahh crap I forgot to offend musky fisherman too! Anyway same as stated above

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pickled mushky

- - - Updated - - -

#cleaningstationpussyjuicechips

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd have to sit and think for a LONG time to decide whether tournament fishermen or jet-skiers are a bigger nuisance.
A guy doesn’t have to plan every damn weekend from May 1st to Aug 31st around where the jet skis are going to be. I don’t generally have too big of an issue with a few tournaments, but it’s getting out of control.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
A guy doesn’t have to plan every damn weekend from May 1st to Aug 31st around where the jet skis are going to be. I don’t generally have too big of an issue with a few tournaments, but it’s getting out of control.

I've got a camper @ Devils and there are a awful lot of weekends I stay away from the W end of the lake because it's either a a tourney weekend or pre-fishing before a tourney weekend.

Fishing tournaments should be held in Wisconsin only.

Skullet

Established Member
Some tournament fisherman are assholes. Some non-tournament fisherman are assholes. And then someone finds a dog cage in the lake and people lose their damn minds. Everybody just needs to drink a beer and relax.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mobridge in June used to be really bad for tournaments. I guess it still is, but doesn't seem so bad when all ramps re available. When low water closes a couple ramps then they really suck. Some weekends in June there are multiple tournaments in town.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I remember several years ago, one tournament fisherman in ND with a local radio show suggested on his radio show that the “average fisherman” stay off the river during a certain tournament weekend in Bis/Man. That was about enough to confirm my thoughts on fishing tournaments.

With people that pompous involved, this doesn’t surprise me one bit.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Clearly, some of you should come watch my team during the muddy. You guys have the wrong idea

Smuscha

I've got a camper @ Devils and there are a awful lot of weekends I stay away from the W end of the lake because it's either a a tourney weekend or pre-fishing before a tourney weekend.

Fishing tournaments should be held in Wisconsin only.

Who knew sdmf owned the lake. You do realize the dollars that a tournament brings to a town or marina. Most fish caught prefishing are released and the only fish kept are during the 2 days of a tourney. Tell me more how much of a terrible impact they make on a lake, I’ll wait.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who knew sdmf owned the lake. You do realize the dollars that a tournament brings to a town or marina. Most fish caught prefishing are released and the only fish kept are during the 2 days of a tourney. Tell me more how much of a terrible impact they make on a lake, I’ll wait.

I’ll take this one, sdmf. 1/3 to 1/2 of tournament fisherman I’ve met are conceded, insecure, lying assholes. Sorry I’m not sorry

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not even about the fish. Our main fisheries wouldn’t be impacted negatively at this point.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wisconsin sucks.... way too many liberals in the state of Wisconsin, pass a couple cars on the highway and you look in ther mirror to see them pick up the phone to make a traffic complaint to the cops.... wife's parents have a police scanner cause her dad is a fire fighter and that's all I hear all day is people calling to make traffic complaints, someone even called in to complain about 30 cars behind a tractor and combine, hello people it's harvest season.....#onvacationandWIsucks

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tournament fisherman are the same type of people that take golf super seriously instead of just slamming a 12 pack like the rest of us. I bet they all shoot 6.5 creedmoor’s too

Thats bullshit don’t lump me in with fucking golfers

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll take this one, sdmf. 1/3 to 1/2 of tournament fisherman I’ve met are conceded, insecure, lying assholes. Sorry I’m not sorry

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not even about the fish. Our main fisheries wouldn’t be impacted negatively at this point.

doesnt that describe most fishermen ask for some way points see how that goes. It’s why I just don’t like it any more no one will tell me where to go what to use how deep how fast hell won’t even take my fish off the hook for me. I inconsiderate I tell you

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

While it's hard to watch a week of 30'-45' deep pre-fishing plus the tournament and know that pretty much every fish that comes to the top is going to die, the tournament anglers aren't even a blip on the radar of fish mortality compared to the several hundred non-tournament anglers out in the same depth doing the same thing. So, let's not falsely believe that I have a problem with the fish the tournament anglers catch, that's not it at all.

Regarding the $$ a tournament brings in, I say the same thing that I do about NR hunting. None of them during their pre-fishing and tournament spend anything close to what I or any other avid angler does over the course of a season. Don't tell me how much I need your $$ when hotels, bars, and restaurants in Devils are full with the exception of maybe a few weekends in the early winter and early spring when the ice isn't safe. Take your "Fishing Philanthropy" and throw that shit in a week old leech bucket.

My issue with tournaments and tournament fishermen is pretty much along the same lines as that of WJSchmaltz. They're loud-mouthed asshole dickheads with no common courtesy or politeness. Rude at the ramp, unmistakably unashamed to move in and/or push you off a spot while on the water. Lastly, an awful lot of them continue their douche-baggery on land whether they're in the bait shop or the bar pushing that, "Don't you know who I am?" bullshit.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take your "Fishing Philanthropy" and throw that shit in a week old leech bucket

This
sentence wins several awards today.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
See I do not like the kill tourneys they suck. I do not like all them cheeks getting slammed down the grinder. Fricken ridiculous.

Last edited:

bowhunter88

Established Member
regardless of the different opinions on tournaments, i hope whoever did it, or attempted it, realize how pathetic they are. If you're not good enough of a sport to not be able to have the biggest weight, stay out of it.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
See I do not like the kill tourneys they suck. I do not like all them cheeks getting slammed down the grinder. Fricken ridiculous.

they should have a tournament based on cheek weights winner takes all cheeks then.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really really really curious as to where the proof is that this was used for holding walleye in a fishy tourney. Is there nothing else this could be used for in the water? Without fact or knowledge it is PURELY speculation, is it not? Do I condone it, hell no.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really really really curious as to where the proof is that this was used for holding walleye in a fishy tourney. Is there nothing else this could be used for in the water? Without fact or knowledge it is PURELY speculation, is it not? Do I condone it, hell no.

My thoughts as well. I also wonder how it was found, what was being used to mark its location ect?
A video of rolling up to it and the entire scene of pulling it up by whatever was marking its location ect would be more relevant these days rather than a vague single pic. It is just as easy to post a video as a pic anymore.

Just sayin!;)

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't everybody carry a large dog kennel in their boats to mark a spot they want to return to.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14