NWT

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as I know, the government owns the land and right of way along state and federal highways as a general rule. I don't know that just because it went under water that there was ever any push to dump the land, especially given DL's historical water levels. Someday in the future that roadway will come back out of the water. It won't be in driving condition, obviously...but if there's a need it can be rebuilt.

Yeah, I have not ever had a reason to read the actual NWT rules, etc. Just a hunch.
its out of the water now; your not suppose to drive on it - during the winter sidexsides and 4 wheelers use the road.
U could only use that access into the NW side of 281 for a year or two the water went down some more. The backhoe operator did a shitty job. Middle of the night probably didnt use much for lights.
281.JPG

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have we made this so complicated that a person depending on this for a living can make so many errors?

If so, I suggest we've gone too far.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Having to explain 6 different violations/accusations is enough smoke to know there's fire.

One doesn't have to know anything about this situation to know that:

1. Nobody unintentionally flips off the camera with both hands. That he would simultaneously apologize while still lying about it tells me everything I need to know about this guy.

2. A professional fisherman and licensed guide that has fished all over the US and internationally should be proficient at reading, understanding and abiding by the rules. His claiming he didn't know the party fishing rules is preposterous.

Yet another example showing tournaments attract and breed cheaters and jerks.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
Intentional or unintentional is immaterial. Rules weren't followed, both the Angler and NWT have botched this. Had I paid an entry fee into this particular event, whether i cashed a check or not, I'd be looking to get the $$$ i had invested back. The entirety of the rest of the field is who was cheated. I'd also be pretty sour if i were the angler that ended up in 42nd place in overall points to make the championship...

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe I missed it, but is the angler who claims to have not known the party fishing rules being fined by the game and fish? Privelages revoked?

I haven't read into this too much and it looks like the release from the NWT is about as vague as it gets. Were all of the violoations of the NWT rules also violations of state game and fish laws? If so, and there were multiple infractions by the same guy I think the state should revoke his hunting/fishing privelages for a few years.... given the reciprocity agreements between states, that would effectivly keep him off the water and out of tourneys for a few years... would afford him plenty of time to grow up a bit before he's allowed to partake again...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we really need to assess the need for professional walleye fishing tours.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we need to assess the need for a lot of things way before fishing tournaments

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would hope these guys aren't fishing these walleye tournaments for the money. I assume it's to feed the ego, or in most cases bruise the ego. Money is in bass tournaments, not walleye. Not knocking it. I have fished a few. When it was all said in done after cashing a check, I would sit down at the black jack table and end up drinking Pepsi's for $200 a crack

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would hope these guys aren't fishing these walleye tournaments for the money. I assume it's to feed the ego, or in most cases bruise the ego. Money is in bass tournaments, not walleye. Not knocking it. I have fished a few. When it was all said in done after cashing a check, I would sit down at the black jack table and end up drinking Pepsi's for $200 a crack
I have coffee club with a guy who likes to brag and puff out his chest that he is the greatest fisherman on DL. Its a HOOT :ROFLMAO:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was younger I thought it would be fun to try a little bass tournament or two just to challenge myself, now I don't have the interest with all the BS that goes on way too often. Same with golf tournaments when I was younger always someone butt hurt if you did better than them and then seeing sketchy scores come in by certain guys that could barely walk straight from the golf cart to the club house.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Some do, but one must remember the direct payout in prize money is only a portion of their total income from fishing. Winning gets your name out there, having your name in the spotlight is how one gets sponsors. A "successful" angler will benefit far more from having sponsors than they will from the direct proceeds of a win at any tournament.

BTW, we should talk about the price you're paying for Pepsi products. It seems a little high.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big tournament walleye fishing is “team” fishing anymore. In the old days a few guys would split yearly earnings. Now with them working in very obvious teams I’m not sure how it works.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have fished tournaments all the way at top and at bottom, could write a book of all cheating, BS, etc.. that goes along with it. Very said it has come to this and getting worse. I agree he made bunch of mistakes and apologies way too many times. What a jerk. Need to start laying law down run like government.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88