NWT

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol I did short couldn't find anything, lighten up francis or I'm not coming to have a beer with you;)
Last time they were there word on the street was a guy dug through a road to get his boat over there. Nothing in the rules against back hoes at least back then there wasnt

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
So someone broke the rules last tournament, another guy got 3 flat tires and another flipping the bird. This might get interesting ...popcorn...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I frigging hate articles like that. Two guys were fined for some unspecified rules violation. What was the violation?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I frigging hate articles like that. Two guys were fined for some unspecified rules violation. What was the violation?
they are not going to say anything. I still think the cop / slash tourney weigher guy wouldnt of said shit if other people wouldnt of forced him to check those fish over.

Its all about sponsors and sponsors do not like "bad" things.

The backhoe operator and you know he had buddies helping him get that backhoe down old 281 (logs and shit on top of that road). They never busted anyone and you know it was common knowledge of who did it. Tourney never did anything -- " it was accessable water"

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like Max and Isaac were fishing Canadian waters and one or both had too many maple syrup-flavored walleyes when they returned to the US. They may have also brought crawlers into Canada from the US. Then Max flipped off the camera during the Final 10 picture at Devils Lake.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the backhoe incident was criminally investigated rather extensively. although it may have been "common knowledge" that a particular person was suspected, nobody had any actual evidence to support their suspicion and neither said suspect nor his "buddies" were willing to confess.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
the backhoe incident was criminally investigated rather extensively. although it may have been "common knowledge" that a particular person was suspected, nobody had any actual evidence to support their suspicion and neither said suspect nor his "buddies" were willing to confess.
Just plead the 5th and never answer any questions. No actual proof, just rumors. I doubt the local law enforcement really cared that much anyway.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
if they didn't care, it didn't show. i was surprised at the attention they gave it to be honest. someone must have been breathing down their neck.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably has to do with the ndgf debacle that happened againt those sconis that got away with over the daily limit of many eyeballs. That made the national news as a major mess up on how not to handle an investigation into a possible otl and getting proper authority to search and seizure.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where in the rules does it say back hoes are illegal.

I am going to hazard a guess that somewhere in the rules it states something about not breaking the law. Highway 281, even if under water, is a U.S. Highway. Private citizens are not allowed to modify a U.S. Highway.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to hazard a guess that somewhere in the rules it states something about not breaking the law. Highway 281, even if under water, is a U.S. Highway. Private citizens are not allowed to modify a U.S. Highway.
I bet it says game and fish laws but never thought about any on digging a ditch. Wasn’t the hiway moved some years ago when it flooded if so could you not consider the old one abandoned.

It’s all wrong I know this but some people get so worked up it’s fun

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet it says game and fish laws but never thought about any on digging a ditch. Wasn’t the hiway moved some years ago when it flooded if so could you not consider the old one abandoned.

It’s all wrong I know this but some people get so worked up it’s fun

As far as I know, the government owns the land and right of way along state and federal highways as a general rule. I don't know that just because it went under water that there was ever any push to dump the land, especially given DL's historical water levels. Someday in the future that roadway will come back out of the water. It won't be in driving condition, obviously...but if there's a need it can be rebuilt.

Yeah, I have not ever had a reason to read the actual NWT rules, etc. Just a hunch.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84