Observations

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
huh? someone had a boat in the river in fargo yesterday!?

I dont want to jack this thread -- but when i went over to the bank i see two rigs in the parking lot by the high rise. I looked down the ramp and i see tire tracks. It looked like they just pulled out -- it was stormin like crazy. I am not sure if they just backed down for the hell of it or if they went for it.

- - - Updated - - -

big outboards on da back. i would of liked to see one open it up.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a next-to-new pontoon last summer so I would have room for me and my kids along with my girlfriend and her kids. Yep, I have a payment on it.

If I waited until I scrimped together enough coin to buy it outright, my kids would be in college before I owned a floater big enough to enjoy with them. As it were, I got them out on the Toon when they were 9-12 years old.

Life is short, don't let anyone tell you how to prioritize your life. My time with the kids on the water is worth a hell of a lot more than the couple hundred dollars a month I pay for the Toon. Best damn purchase I've made in years.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It never bothers me to borrow money for some things. Boat payments aren't fun in the winter but sometimes it makes sense. The last vehicle I bought the interest was 2.5%. Could have taken money out of some investments but all those have consistently been earning >5% growth the past few years. Not sure it would make sense to take them out when they are earning more than I'm paying.

It's always a choice that everyone needs to make for themselves. Every situation is different. For me the situations are different today than when I was younger and raising a family. No mortgage, only one vehicle payment, steady income, able to do most everything I want within reason. Wife and I worked hard to reach this point so now we enjoy it. Those of you who are younger, keep at it. With effort, life will turn the corner some day.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm one of those guys that would make you do a double take I guess... I'll be pulling my nearly brand new boat with an 86 gmc sierra 1/2 ton truck this next summer. I do have a 2015 Silverado 1/2 ton as well. I actually like driving the 86 better. It's more fun, and with the motor that I recently built for it making a fair amount of power and cammed for low end torque it actually gets very good fuel mileage when just cruising down the highway. About 19mpg if I'm not pulling. I'm actually planning on selling the 2015 because because I love to drive the old red gmc and seeing the value of the 2015 drop with every mile I put on it doesn't sit well with me...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a buy good used stuff kind of guy, every thing we have bought is used. Wife of 33 years drives a 2009 Yukon that's been paid for quite awhile ago. I drive a 2010 3/4 ton 4 door Silverado bought it 3 years ago and the interest rate on that is 1.7%. 2 years ago bought a 2010 32 foot Jayco Eagle fifth wheel. 15 years ago I bought a 1991, 17-7 Warrior tiller boat that I paid 6000 cash for. I never worry about or judge what other people have or do. If they want to put themselves into debt up to there eyeballs so be it. I take good care of the things I have to make them last. Hell my hunting bibs and coat are 20 years old, I have taken them to the neighbor lady to sew up the barbed wire tears in them a couple of times.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84