Our "Real Job"

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Own a company in the patch, play lots of poker in Vegas and fish 5 days a week except during hunting season, then it's only 4. Also have a snow removal business in the winter and own a few storage units.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was with the same company for last 3 years in the patch, first as a chemist, then field engineer and then supervisor. Layoffs came calling mid January for me. Back in school doing process plant online and was lucky enough to get on as a fill in consultant back in the oil patch on the frac and work over rig side. I only get a few days a month, but it pays the bills for now. It's actually been a blessing, being home more is priceless. Will be done with the program at BSC come August and hoping to get on at a refinery or plant after that. Luckily I'll get to fish 4-5 days a week all summer, so I'm not all that sad not working 100+ hour weeks. Lol.

cavedude

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am an electrician for an oil and gas company. I have been with this company for two years. One of our routes gives me a great view of Lake Sakakawea. Its interesting in the winter to watch the transition of icehouses throughout the season but its also tough watching people going out fishing while I check wells on top of the hill.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I work a dead end job that pays just over half of what minimum wage is with zero benefits. Life is good.........

Batman4277

I just started back to work at an old job last week working in a bakery again. got tired of unemployment checks.

1pingonly

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guidance Counselor, coach 3 sports, Asst. A.D., drive morning bus route, write sports for the local paper, lawn care business/spray service, snow removal (last year ended that) and other various part time things when they come up...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 187
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57