pay to park ice fishing?

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Building it is a small thing the maintaining it over the years cost money. The roads are paid for and maintained through the parks. This is in SD. I know for a fact as we bid the jobs to chip seal and pave them and what not. How can you be ok with buying a fishing license to catch fish that are owned by the public how can you be ok to get a deer tag for deer that is owned by the public. How can you be ok with paying a wheel tax to maintain roads that were built with tax dollars. Well not only do you pay an entrance fee while camping you pay a fee for a camping spot on top of that. How much money is put into maintaining a public land trail head vs a boat ramp?
You make some valid points.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure you can be an NDA member in good standing with a rational attitude like that.
It’s something I say when I really don’t care about what I’m arguing about anymore and it’s obviously going nowhere. This way everyone has a warm fuzzy feeling and nobody ends up crying in the corner.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a few on this thread need to vote for Bernie. Then all that fairy dust money can make everything free.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a bloody nose in my sleep last night. Blood all over my pillow case. Mrs johnr was more concerned about the sheets than my abhorrent blood loss.
If there was a fee box, this could have been neater

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm was very unhappy about having to pay to enter the same parks that had been free my whole life as a kid. I guess in my mind, a state park was like Custer State Park in the Hills. I wouldn't have minded it so much if they had just made the campgrounds state parks, but areas like Revheim in Mobridge being a state park is ridiculous in my mind. All it has is some outdoor bathrooms, a gravel swimming beach, playground, and some picnic shelters.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm was very unhappy about having to pay to enter the same parks that had been free my whole life as a kid. I guess in my mind, a state park was like Custer State Park in the Hills. I wouldn't have minded it so much if they had just made the campgrounds state parks, but areas like Revheim in Mobridge being a state park is ridiculous in my mind. All it has is some outdoor bathrooms, a gravel swimming beach, playground, and some picnic shelters.

there are also maintained trails through there and a few food plots you can archery deer hunt over

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear next hear they're charging a "looking" Fee when you gaze out on OAHE or Sak.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s only going to get worse. No one wants to pay for things they don’t use or need. So, government then relies more on user fees to maintain those things. If the property tax elimination goes thru I could see these user fees going thru the roof.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84