Pheasant Opener

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't heard alot of chatter on this, but I am having a hard time at work. I took Friday off and just had the vet appointment yesterday. Chayce and I will be out west chasing some long tails. Weather looks awesome compared to the last couple years.

Here to a good opener
:;:cheers

Here is Chayce practicing on a robin
20160527_182055.jpg

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headed to Regent on Saturday morning with my Dad, Wrigley, and Koda (our GSP). Hopefully, it'll be a quick limit because I have a birthday party in Washburn and a wedding reception in Minot to be at later that day. Sunday, I will be in the Turtle Lake area for some more pheasant chasing. Maybe two days of hunting will tire this friggen dog out.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be up by Watford Saturday morning. I hope I get to hunt longer than 15 minutes for our limit this year.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have fun! All the corn is still standing out here, which means that's where the birds will be.

Plus, plenty of ducks and geese around still.

I'll let the fair-weather hunters burn boot leather until the crops are off. Then it's go time.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been hearing alot of birds are still trying to come of color.....the second hatch has yet to mature, I think the places that got gully washers this summer took out the first hatch to a point and the second hatch is not up to speed yet. So late season hunt might be best, weather pending.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beulah area for me. Used to own a hunting shack in McClusky so will probably check that area out as well. How long we hunt will be determined our shooting ability haha. Abby is ready to rock and roll on her 2nd season.Abby2015.jpg

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been hearing alot of birds are still trying to come of color.....the second hatch has yet to mature, I think the places that got gully washers this summer took out the first hatch to a point and the second hatch is not up to speed yet. So late season hunt might be best, weather pending.

We chased up a flock of very young birds last weekend during the youth season, not much bigger than partridge and didn't fly too far.
Could tell what mama was, but was no way of telling hen from rooster yet with the young-ens in that batch. I'd imagine there's quite a few out there in a similar situation with the water this spring in places.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headed to Regent on Saturday morning with my Dad, Wrigley, and Koda (our GSP). Hopefully, it'll be a quick limit because I have a birthday party in Washburn and a wedding reception in Minot to be at later that day. Sunday, I will be in the Turtle Lake area for some more pheasant chasing. Maybe two days of hunting will tire this friggen dog out.

dont take a shot at the guy in decoys up there....J/K corn is starting to come down up there quite a bit. bet there was 8 fields down between washburn and junction of 200. should send those birds into the sloughs for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

i heard a rumor blue flint was not docking on drying the corn for a time so the farmers were taking it down heavy as its all mature just not dry. it has since slowed for my observations

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beulah area for me. Used to own a hunting shack in McClusky so will probably check that area out as well. How long we hunt will be determined our shooting ability haha. Abby is ready to rock and roll on her 2nd season.IMG_0836.JPG

haha..that pic is kinda funny. I have a Springer with the same vest and also the same gun. I usually have 3 birds in the pic though:)

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blue Flint ran out of corn, so yes they waved the drying fees. I'm guessing that will only last for a short while.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blue Flint ran out of corn, so yes they waved the drying fees. I'm guessing that will only last for a short while.

I figured it was the guy that told me was what I would call a "credible source" being he just re-tired from farming, but I didn't want to start an internet fight.

from what he told me it is already done it lasted all of the weekend.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
No birds in western ND.
NO BIRDS I says

I saw all the perch and had to be the majority of walleyes in DL washed up on shore yesterday too, may as well cancel your trips for the next couple years at least.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not a fan of ditch parrot season since it messes up the archery deer hunting pretty good. "I know that's my problem"
But I do partake in the .410 challenge that my brothers have at my family's ranch on opening day.
Only being able to use .410's is kind of fun, hoping to get my limit with my winchester 9410 lever action one of these years. ;)

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any Mod 42's in the mix?

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep one guy shoots an Angelo Bee Exhibition coin finish. pretty little bugger.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88