Votes: 61 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was trying to find an example where an animal is being banned from certain city limits and the chickens comes to mind even though most will never be affected personally by the chickens they will find a reason based on emotional facts regardless if the chickens are being housed in an approved building. Minot is one of those cities that has allowed chickens to be kept in city limits and they also allow pitbulls now why is that I wonder. 🤔

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
can't have chickens in my sub division. I'd like a few laying hens. But i could have a pitt if i wanted to.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huskies are murder machines when it comes to chickens and other farm critters.
Huskies were/are a popular breed because of their looks, but few owners can exercise them properly. I remember watching this lady walking a huskie down the street and it was just pulling her along. It wanted to effing GO, and she was doing all she could to just hang on. It was funny because she was one of those ladies whose looks were everything and being cool was a close 2nd.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ancestors of the Pit Bull can be traced back over 2000 years to the United Kingdom. Originally, the Pit Bull was bred from the Old English Bulldog, which has a look not too dissimilar from the American Bulldog today.

If you didn’t already know, Pit Bulls are the result of crossbreeding bulldogs with various terrier breeds. So, their long history and origins actually start with the bulldog.

These dogs were used for bull baiting. It was a cruel sport in which a couple of bulldogs would annoy and attack a bull until the animal gave up and collapsed. This was for pure entertainment and nothing more.

This sport, along with other baiting sports, was outlawed in 1835 and so a new sick sport came of interest. This was called “ratting.” Dogs were pitted against rats in a competition as to whose dog could kill the most rats.

The name “Pit Bull” derives from the fact that rats were put in a pit in a bid to keep them from escaping. Eventually, the favored sport became dog fighting because this was easier to hide from the authorities!

Since fighting and ratting needed more speed and agility than a bulldog offered, this was when breeders began crossing bulldogs with terriers. This was when the first “official” Pit Bull Terriers came about.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Would never own one, don't care for them, but can't support a ban. A poll proving most only want freedoms for themselves.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the horse is dead, the beating can stop
The beating never stops on this site. If it isn’t dogs, it’ll be something else. Let’s discuss the lady who brought giraffe poop on the plane. Were her rights violated?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84