pontoon speeds...

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do fishing boats need to go so fast? Can you imagine one of these bad boys lined up at the shot gun start of a Walleye tourney...........;:;rofl

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do you need a toon to go so fast. So if your tippsey friends or kids fall overboard they skip like a flat rock. Besides the river out west we only got one big water you cannot cross in an hour. Slow down and enjoy the ride.

So you can get to the fishing spots faster same as with a boat. Or when weather is coming or waves get big it is nice to have the power. They are not just for floating and drinking anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Why do fishing boats need to go so fast? Can you imagine one of these bad boys lined up at the shot gun start of a Walleye tourney...........;:;rofl

At the wolves there was a guy with a close to 30 benny with a 275 yammi on it. We were running 45 in heavy chop and it passed and pulled by. My friends dad is getting his custom built benny today 12' wide 30 long and it has a 300 verado i cant wait to see that bad boy.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder how fast one of these monsters are?

Dodici_310_19549.gif

I want to see the after picture when that old lady craps her pants when he gets whisky throttle

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not about going fast, its about being able to plow through the sand bars so you don't have to push back off again.:;:muahaha

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not a Deck Boat over a Pontoon??? Wouldn't they take the waves better??? Don't want to hyjack this, just askin.

Not the ones i have been on. It is hard to believe how the toons ride and go in big water till your in one. I know i was a doubter till i went out a few times in one.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can ride on 2 foot rolling chop on the big lake wide open on my triple tube and not feel a thing. These things ride like a dream, no boat can compare to a triple tube pontoon of modern day. Like Kurt said until you experience it its hard to imagine. My Benny has the ESP performance tube package with an elipticle center tube so it rolls into corners just like a regular boat.

There are many different tube set ups and lifting strake ect. My last toon had three 25" tubes with lifting strakes on both sides of all 3 tubes full length and I could have a full load of fuel coolers and about 8 people on it and still be at full plane before 15 mph.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out the videos of Manitou pontoons. There is/was a dealer in Garrison. I saw one on Sakakawea a few years ago, and it was impressed by its speed and agility.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
update...

after an awesome weekend on devils, i learned a lot bout the new tub... ran from grahams up to pelican on friday with 3 adults and ran from 37 to 40 gps on light chop...

had 6 adults and 2 kids that = another adult on saturday and got 38...

sunday with 6 adults and 2 livewells full got 38...

monday with 2 livewells full and 5 adults on got 39.5...

really only played with trim much to fine tune on friday, but ALL days was WAY better than i expected for having 5 hours on the motor now... also planed by 18 mph no matter how heavy or where weight was in the boat... very happy...

fish also cooperated well with limits on 3 of the days... what an awesome weekend...

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
update...

after an awesome weekend on devils, i learned a lot bout the new tub... ran from grahams up to pelican on friday with 3 adults and ran from 37 to 40 gps on light chop...

really only played with trim much to fine tune on friday, but ALL days was WAY better than i expected for having 5 hours on the motor now... also planed by 18 mph no matter how heavy or where weight was in the boat... very happy...

fish also cooperated well with limits on 3 of the days... what an awesome weekend...

We're looking at getting a pontoon for the big lake. I can't believe that a 150 will push a 22' toon that fast! I'm a "deal shopper" so I'm not in any real hurry. What I was wanting was a tri-toon with enough room for 10 people, and be able to get 35mph while fully loaded with the ability to pull a tube behind. I might be able to get away with something that has under a 200 on it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
update...

Yep mine is going to be for sale soon and looking at the 22 xp3 with the reports you have gave it seems it is what i want

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
update...

Man them are some good speeds. where did you end up purchasing it at? I might be trading off or selling my 206 viper for one.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would look in Minnesota for any new boats, save yourself 5K and or more by going 200 miles east versus the Bismarck Mandan prices.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep mine is going to be for sale soon and looking at the 22 xp3 with the reports you have gave it seems it is what i want

Do you plan on trading it in, or selling it? I would be interested.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man them are some good speeds. where did you end up purchasing it at? I might be trading off or selling my 206 viper for one.

we bought at swensons in minot... suntracker is owned by bass pro shops and they have national pricing... only difference on boat, motor, trailer pack would be shipping and maybe pdi...

one other thing... it has a tandem ax trailer with full length guides... rides like a dream on the road and loads and unloads as easy as any boat i've had...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you plan on trading it in, or selling it? I would be interested.

Going to try and sell it and if I can't trade it in. I have to look I really don't know what it is worth and run it past the banker(wife). Give me a few days I will shoot you a pm with some details.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 39
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14