Pork Sausage Recipes

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love how everyone has a goto starter but has to add shit to it. Isn't there just a "go to" out there?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like leos also.... Add some diced garlic, Jalips, fresh ground black peppper, cheddar cheese. I dont really like breakfast sausage tho. Im more of a fan of country style sausage.
Say you're "Leo": Except for the "cheese" you've worked hard for the perfect mix to bring to market; then a flashy ingredienter feels the need to chop and toss in bullshit for "ownership" and "spin": Your feelings would be hurt. :( Your tastes may vary as Leo's wont:

My mother in the Hills has a treasure trove of recipes from the Old Country and the Old Days which poor Dad choked down with a smile when altered.

Cooking shows should have more emphasis about fucking things up by tossing off, adding wine and producing fire. And tossing more shit into the menagerie.

Not trying to start an argument: Just saying "Leo" worked hard on his spice rub/ingredients and probably didn't intend it as a base. I watch "Shark Tank" damn it.

Also: The best way to smoke a fish is lighting it's head and sucking the butthole:

It's usually just salt and pepper to make everything right. "Leo" has provided this tune:

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone has different taste, mass produced food products are typically formulated so they are palatable for everyone, but I like more spice, especially garlic and also a little heat, some people cannot deal with heat (peppers). Also IMO Leos 25lb bag is too salty as suggested. I prefer to use about 30lbs of meat with the 25lb seasoning pack. Each to his own I guess.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone has different taste, mass produced food products are typically formulated so they are palatable for everyone, but I like more spice, especially garlic and also a little heat, some people cannot deal with heat (peppers). Also IMO Leos 25lb bag is too salty as suggested. I prefer to use about 30lbs of meat with the 25lb seasoning pack. Each to his own I guess.
Dude you offended Leo

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You can always add more spice but if you over shoot you are going to end up grinding the whole hog. LB

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
50# batch we usually do 50/50 deer to pork, but all pork is good too. Blend together 1/4 cup of ground black pepper, 1/4 cup tender quick, 12-15 cloves garlic, and yes a splash of liquid smoke along with a cup and a half water. Mix well into the meat. This is a good starting point but may be too much pepper for some. We usually add more garlic but be careful. It can get out of hand quick, big tipping point. I’d consider this a country style/polish sausage more than a breakfast sausage. But the patties are great for breakfast.

I do agree liquid smoke generally isn’t something I want to use. But it makes a good difference in sausage imo.

Either way, I’d scale that way down and try some before going with a big batch.
You dice or smash up the garlic?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
NO!! If you insult "Leo's" vision you may receive negative attention from Elton John. He can kick.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hot cast iron skillet. Small batches until you get what you like, fry a little at a time. Once you get what you want have at it. Thats how we did it on the farm but only enough for about 6 months, pork sausage seems to loose flavor after that unless you vacuum pack it. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67