Property Tax Credit

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes. And I won’t waste my time ever again. Make sure you tell the others to have a game plan when this measure is passed Mr. government employee.

Showing up to a meeting or two isn’t being involved.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lots of bitchen for a bunch of empty meetings and seats on these boards, councils, and commissions. The fact of the matter is start with the inflation issue, it’s as big of a driver as anything mentioned so far.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Showing up to a meeting or two isn’t being involved.
Lol like I said I know better than to waste my time. If our elected officials are so dense as to have to be begged and pleaded with to actually do something and stop the overspending they aren’t the right people for the job. I won’t waste my time anymore pleading. It always falls on deaf ears, and nothing done by our country officials thus far has indicated any change. I’ll vote yes on this measure. When the rest of the state has to deal with the new changes they can thank the counties such as Burleigh and ward for playing the valuation/mill levy game for the last decade. Furthermore, taxing unrealized gains on a home is unconstitutional in the first place. Tell the boys to get ready because this is getting passed this time. I’m not even mad this time. I’m beyond that. Mad was the first 7 years. Now I’ll vote for chaos and disorder just to move the needle. Because every single person knows that “going to a fucking meeting” hasn’t and won’t do a goddamn thing and we’re done hearing “we’ll show up and voice your concerns” we’re so past that at this point and if you or any other county officials are too dense to see that then lord help you all.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
CFE1B461-3922-4743-BFF4-FD1DAF1DFAE8.jpeg

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think about what you are saying for a minute….. officials have to be coaxed and pleaded with on an annual basis, To show up continually to voice their concerns in order for those officials to do the right thing? Otherwise they’ll go off the rails and spend money foolishly? How messed up does that sound? That we the people need to constantly monitor the actions of our officials? Either we have the wrong people in office or they are completely tuned out to what the people want or actually need. A good official is one the people can trust and set and forget while we go about our daily lives entrusting that they have all citizens best interests in mind……. If you are hearing a lot of “bitching” as you say maybe it would help to take a step back and ponder these things………

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lol like I said I know better than to waste my time. If our elected officials are so dense as to have to be begged and pleaded with to actually do something and stop the overspending they aren’t the right people for the job. I won’t waste my time anymore pleading. It always falls on deaf ears, and nothing done by our country officials thus far has indicated any change. I’ll vote yes on this measure. When the rest of the state has to deal with the new changes they can thank the counties such as Burleigh and ward for playing the valuation/mill levy game for the last decade. Furthermore, taxing unrealized gains on a home is unconstitutional in the first place. Tell the boys to get ready because this is getting passed this time. I’m not even mad this time. I’m beyond that. Mad was the first 7 years. Now I’ll vote for chaos and disorder just to move the needle. Because every single person knows that “going to a fucking meeting” hasn’t and won’t do a goddamn thing and we’re done hearing “we’ll show up and voice your concerns” we’re so past that at this point and if you or any other county officials are too dense to see that then lord help you all.
I emailed a politician one time about his wasteful spending. He proceeded to call me and have a long conversation trying to convince me on how wasting the peoples money is a good thing. Who is dumber the person trying to convince the politicians they are wasting money or the politician who doesn't care what the people have to say? The politicians do not care what the people say. The people still vote for them regardless..look at Bakken. The politicians also know the chance of them getting booted with an R behind there name is highly unlikely.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrong people in office is exactly right. The bad is we are the ones that put them there. I would bet 90% of the people voting are voting on " name recognition " solely, and not their policies or platform so they just keep getting voted back in.
New blood could be a very good thing . . .

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wrong people in office is exactly right. The bad is we are the ones that put them there. I would bet 90% of the people voting are voting on " name recognition " solely, and not their policies or platform so they just keep getting voted back in.
New blood could be a very good thing . . .
Agree new blood would be great, also agree people vote on name recognition..gave an example above Bakken

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Biggest issue is people not actually voting. The voter turnout in most areas is abysmal so these idiots are being put in those positions by a vocal minority and probably mostly their idiot friends. Not sure how to change this as most people are disillusioned by the political system and feel their votes are meaningless.

I sure hope this measure sends a message to these dolts but my guess is the sheep will shoot it down and we'll keep getting raped as usual.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's just assume that the measure passes and there are no property taxes period because they never wrote the "on primary residence" clause into it. And the sky starts falling as is feared by some. In the next session couldn't the legislature add that clause to the law and Armageddon would be avoided?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's just assume that the measure passes and there are no property taxes period because they never wrote the "on primary residence" clause into it. And the sky starts falling as is feared by some. In the next session couldn't the legislature add that clause to the law and Armageddon would be avoided?
Oh they'll definitely figure out how to get your money but at least you won't lose your home over it!

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn’t help, for sure. But I would guess the abundance of $80k+ boats may have more of the blame.
While I’d imagine there’s some truth there I’m not sure I like the thought of “well they have some really nice shit….. they can afford more taxes.” I’ve actually heard people say this. As most of you are aware a lot of the toys you see around Bismarck aren’t owned. Becuase people want nice things and to not worry during their leisure time is no reason to think they can afford more in taxes. I’ve always been a “own it” type of person. I own my vehicles, my boat and most other toys. Most are older and I’m fairly mechanical, But with that comes the price of more frequent repair and breakdown which costs time. Case in point my motor wouldn’t start this morning and it cost me a trip and a morning of fishing I was really looking forward to. The older I get the less time I have so for the first time I can understand why guys want new things with bigger payments. Money isn’t shit. It’s your time.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I found ND has 21,800 state/county employees and about 770,000 resident. If my math is right that is one employee on the state/county payroll for every 35 residents
Residents? Or homeowners?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just tell me how to vote you guys. Sheesh.

This is too hard for my brain - it's simply not real good with numbers and such.

Thanks!

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update: wow….. just wow. I just got my property tax statement in the mail…. My taxable value went up by $32,500 in one year. After the $500 credit I’ll save a whopping $211 this year. But wait just a minute. After the chip sealing in our development im now responsible for $206 in specials….. so fuck yea I’m up $5 whole fking dollars this year. Next year I bet I’m back to owing more and my mortgage going up. After receiving this I can tell you right now this measure will pass with flying colors. Good thing they send these out in august and not October because I bet it would receive 98.7% yes vote. To the tax collectors and people responsible for these increases year after year…… fuck you… I mean that, like really fuck you.
I don't know about flying colors...I'm seeing alot of skeptics on facebook who actually believe that all our civil services will end and the schools will close.

the taxes on my house went from just over 1,000 in 2019 to over 5,000 in 2024...can you guess how im voting

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know about flying colors...I'm seeing alot of skeptics on facebook who actually believe that all our civil services will end and the schools will close.

the taxes on my house went from just over 1,000 in 2019 to over 5,000 in 2024...can you guess how im voting
Congrats on the value of your house quintupling in value! Very impressive gains!

Which should be taxed too I think. 🥴

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 47