Property Tax Credit

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Citizens in our state have been begging for property tax relief over the past several years. What does our "conservative republican legislature" provide but meaningless income tax reduction. Super-majorities in any political domain generally become arrogant over time and become less interested in engaging with with their constituents and more influenced by overpaid lobbyists. Time for a CHANGE!
I voted no to the last initiated measure to do away with property tax but will take a closer look at the current proposal and likely support it. Have respectfully corresponded with my local state senator & reps regarding the crazy spending / corp give-aways and yet no meaningful property tax relief. For those that have concerns regarding the proposed property tax initiative, I might suggest researching all of the entities that currently do not pay property tax due to past legislative action, yet our legislature suggests that property tax is a local issue. Again, Time for Change!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
What it your house is on land that has no property tax? Can I still qualify?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, not if you have a job, not everyone gets it. But I was just wondering if I could slip through the cracks.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still not understanding why my renters get a credit for my property. Whatever... I haven't raised rent in 8 years. Must be time.
Totally agree, they are getting a credit on something they have zero interest in, pure bullshit

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
still not completely a fan of totally eliminating them. lot of thought and discussion gone into this over the last decade or so. but, maybe i could get behind it for primary residences. or for nd residents only.

but, problem with doing away for just some is that the rest will probably shoulder the burden.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
still not completely a fan of totally eliminating them. lot of thought and discussion gone into this over the last decade or so. but, maybe i could get behind it for primary residences. or for nd residents only.

but, problem with doing away for just some is that the rest will probably shoulder the burden.
My proposal would be no tax on primary home. But keep commercial real estate taxes, ag land property taxes, and keep property taxes on non residents. Would love to see the percentage of current property tax collection cut up that way

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything other than primary residence including farm land should be looked at as business or investment and be taxed as such. 2nd homes, lake homes, or cabins are a luxury and should also be taxed

As far as renter getting credit for the property tax YOU pay does the money you use to pay that tax come out of the same pocket that you put the rent payment into from said renter?

Kasey

Founding Member
Founding Member
This years primary residence credit would be applied to next years 2024 property taxes.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
Citizens in our state have been begging for property tax relief over the past several years. What does our "conservative republican legislature" provide but meaningless income tax reduction. Super-majorities in any political domain generally become arrogant over time and become less interested in engaging with with their constituents and more influenced by overpaid lobbyists. Time for a CHANGE!
I voted no to the last initiated measure to do away with property tax but will take a closer look at the current proposal and likely support it. Have respectfully corresponded with my local state senator & reps regarding the crazy spending / corp give-aways and yet no meaningful property tax relief. For those that have concerns regarding the proposed property tax initiative, I might suggest researching all of the entities that currently do not pay property tax due to past legislative action, yet our legislature suggests that property tax is a local issue. Again, Time for Change!
Because 90% of the so-called Republicans in the ND state legislature are full blown RINO's
The legislature spent millions on green energy bullshit and corporate welfare this past session but will not give anything substantial back to the ND citizens......ND has a 2.5-billion-dollar surplus this year and the total amount to eliminate ALL property taxes would only cost 1 billion. These power hungry greedy RINO's don't give a shit about the citizens of ND

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What I don't get is why people or so against actually owning their own property. When there is a yearly tax on your property you don't own it...the govt does. If you don't pay that tax the govt can and will come take it and sell it. Is that really ownership??? If I choose to park my vehicle in my garage forever..nobody can come take it..I own it..but the house..they sure can. There is another way to fund the money that is being taxed on property..get it away from property.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our local govt is no differnt Than those in the fall of Minneapolis there literally all crooks only in it for themselves and there pedophilic buddies.
We make citizens apply for a property tax credit but freely and openly shut down a public boat ramp and give wealthy investors 500k grant monies to start a boardwalk….. un freaking real

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
So looks like you need your SS# and Parcel # off your tax statement when you fill this out

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88