Property Tax Credit

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes, it is specials that pay for the street repair and a small portion of property tax goes to the state. As of now property tax is paying for street repair as those taxes can afford. We need to vote on a special.

My take is will someone tell me how the new system will work, who is in charge, how will monies be deicide on who gets what, ect so i can make an intelligent vote. Not just to eliminate local taxations with no idea of what is to come.
Not that i do not trust giving all this power to someone in some distant place but just tell me how it will work. db

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just saw on Rick Becker’s page, he said they are between 15-20k signatures so far. I would have thought there would have been more by now. Get out and sign that petition!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I help pay for the billion dollar flood project in Minot. 😡
By the time they get this built it will be 2 billion.

it floods where I live they better build an Ark

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just saw on Rick Becker’s page, he said they are between 15-20k signatures so far. I would have thought there would have been more by now. Get out and sign that petition!
How many do they need?

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
So why does the state government get to tell the people of Grenora how much they can spend on their playground? If the problem is Burleigh county's assessor then maybe the people of Burleigh county should address that and not force the rest of us to beg for crumbs. Big picture seems a lot like you folks are voting for bigger government in your lives while professing the opposite.
Did you not understand that Grenora would get the same amount as last year plus inflation factor? If Grenora wants to spend that money for free condoms or playground equipment for the schools, they can do that. No restrictions except no more money for Grenora than anywhere else including the big cities! This would be fair for everyone in ND...........................

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, it is specials that pay for the street repair and a small portion of property tax goes to the state. As of now property tax is paying for street repair as those taxes can afford. We need to vote on a special.

My take is will someone tell me how the new system will work, who is in charge, how will monies be deicide on who gets what, ect so i can make an intelligent vote. Not just to eliminate local taxations with no idea of what is to come.
Not that i do not trust giving all this power to someone in some distant place but just tell me how it will work. db
I’m not aware of any specific alternative. The legislature either hasn’t determined finding an alternative a priority or they can’t agree on one. By voting to abolish property taxes, we would force the issue. I suggested to my reps last session that the only change that needs to be made is that the county send the property tax bill to the state instead of me as a starting point.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
You can freely donate any amount of your personal money for the park you want in grenora

how about state of North Dakota $14.44, garrison diversion $14.44, which is shown on my tax statement. then there is soil conservation district $ 7.94, water resource district 21.24.
F n right- To bad so many suckers fall for the regressive-communist type property taxes that make every property owner pay taxes, or lose his property, even though they don't want or need or use any of the services or special projects. They should be able to opt out. For example, why should an elderly bachelor living in rural ND that never had children and never uses a park or baseball field or soccer field or any services have to pay the property tax based on the value of what he owns? Don't say roads or infrastructure because he pays that with gas and income taxes. This system is bully based and truly evil.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
What...the...actual...F? That is literally the whole concept of a property tax? It's people on a local level setting the spending for the local needs and wants. So far as I know, not a single cent of my property taxes go to State level expenditures.
Maybe you should recheck your property tax statement? The State of ND gets a portion on my property tax statement along with City, County, Park, School, and Garrison diversion.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
To all whom say “if you don’t like it run for office”. In a perfect world that makes perfect sense in reality it’s a sham. Throughout the country different ruling factions are notoriously made up of “the good old boy network” so to speak. They run for office to fulfill certain personal desires or desires of a group they run with. This is especially true in small states like ours. And these are usually the most outspoken/dominating type of people. So when the people elect someone that will fight for things as reduced spending, they get in and they’re immediately put in their place by the old guard. Or they are wooed into the old guards way of thinking by making it worth their while, etc. They also can’t do a damn thing because they’re one vote against many.

The majority of people that run for offices are usually those with close ties to the movers and shakers in town. People that want to expand their populations, sports complexes etc. there are very few true conservatives in this state anymore. In past years community improvement projects were spread headed by civic organizations such as the jaycees, knights of Columbus, etc etc. They led the charge on fundraising. The majority of which came from pancake breakfasts, raffles etc. They didn’t want the people taxes to death nor did they want their cities in debt. People give willingly under these types of processes. We have gone completely away from that philosophy. We are a “have to have it now no matter the cost” populace now. And that has brought us to where we are today. An epic disaster of taxation.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
I’d be shocked if it passes if it even makes the ballot
Another thing that should be passed. - Only Property owners should be able to vote on property taxes. Other wise the have-nots will vote for everything as long as they don't have to pay for it. Kinda like what's happening all across America. When a Nation or Government adopts this type of system, it is doomed to fall. If you look around, you will realize that we are probably already there! 34 Trillion in debt and increasing by the minute!

Last edited:

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
What...the...actual...F? That is literally the whole concept of a property tax? It's people on a local level setting the spending for the local needs and wants. So far as I know, not a single cent of my property taxes go to State level expenditures.
I sure hope that you and TWN turn down the $500.00 property tax credit because this is exactly what you are against! Let us know please!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another thing that should be passed. - Only Property owners should be able to vote on property taxes. Other wise the have-nots will vote for everything as long as they don't have to pay for it. Kinda like what's happening all across America. When a Nation or Government adopts this type of system, it is doomed to fall. If you look around, you will realize that we are probably already there! 34 Trillion in debt and increasing by the minute!
I don’t know why this isn’t already the way it’s done. In fact that’s probably the first initiated measure that needs to be passed before elimination of property taxes is on the ballot

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Along the same line, we should only let current and former members of the U.S. military vote on military budgets and operations.

Probably should only let women vote on female reproduction rights as well.

And while we are at it, only farmers should vote on things pertaining to agriculture.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
Along the same line, we should only let current and former members of the U.S. military vote on military budgets and operations.

Probably should only let women vote on female reproduction rights as well.

And while we are at it, only farmers should vote on things pertaining to agriculture.
You didn't answer the question on the $500.00 tax credit! Deflection is what ------- politicians do!

Also: The last time I checked, it takes a male and a female to reproduce unless you believe in the "Nonbinary"

Also: I agree on Farmers, they should be the only ones to vote on Tax issues that they alone have to pay. That's what I'm saying in the first post.

Also: Military members, current and former, should run the operations with oversight of the American people, but the Military doesn't fund their own operations so your analogy on voting this doesn't even relate, or make sense on your comparisons.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Only farmers should vote on their programs where my federal tax dollars go to fund those programs????????

I did not apply for the $500.

I am on the council and since i came on i have voted no every time to paying the bills for my reasons. i am not part of the good old boys as your group must be. Vote every time was 5 to 1.

Wally answer my question as to how it will work once, we get rid of property tax?

Each gets what they were getting.
So, i have try to hold cost down. Neighbors did not, so i screwed myself holding cost down? Right. Running a city, things change, things come up, things break down but i am stuck with the same funds as before.

How many billons does the state have? How much is the states total property tax amount in ND?
Help me with my vote. db

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Help me with my vote.

By the way farmers do not pay property taxes on their homes so i assume they cannot sign the petition.
Is that right????????? db

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only farmers should vote on their programs where my federal tax dollars go to fund those programs????????

I am on the council and since i came on i have voted no every time to paying the bills for my reasons. i am not part of the good old boys as your group must be. Vote every time was 5 to 1.

Wally answer my question as to how it will work once, we get rid of property tax?

So, i have try to hold cost down. Neighbors did not, so i screwed myself holding cost down? Right. Running a city, things change, things come up, things break down but i am stuck with the same funds as before.

How many billons does the state have? How much is the states total property tax amount in ND?
Help me with my vote. db
So in other words you’re learning first hand exactly how it works. It works just like I stated.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Help me with my vote. db
The state has many billions hoarded away in numerous slush funds. Coming up with the money will be pretty easy. Restraining spending will be the biggest challenge for them. Cities and counties will learn to prioritize. Roads should always be paid for with fuel taxes. And if it means being able to instill local fuel taxes at the pump so be it. The way the pay for it is only limited to their imagination not a shortage of funds.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33