Property Tax Credit

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The state has been handing out grants and funding these special interest projects with excess money over and above our annual budget. If ALL property taxes are eliminated in ND, all the state has to do is redirect this money to local governments to replace the money from property taxes. It is estimated to cost the state around 1.2 billion dollars a year to fund this while the state has a surplus of over 2 billion and spends it in the following manner. Read these charts and you will see the waste and corruption.
It’s too bad we’re a republican state. The democrats would clean up this mess.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I li
Ward county and Minot budgets have popped up in the Minot Daily the last 2 days.

If the county commissioners leave the budget as is without trimming spending it will raise property taxes $128.00 on a $200,000 house.

The city budget (if they use some of the $20 to $30 million they have in cash) would decrease taxes $21.00 per $100,000 of home values.

The city is contemplating what to do with the police\old city hall building. Remodel the old city hall at a cost of around $50 million to enlarge the police dept. building or build a new police dept. for around $70+ million. This is the estimate from a year ago from a consulting firm the city hired.

My grip is that they just redid the retaining wall that is on the east and south sides of the police dept. at a cost of $9 million to expand the parking lot for the dept.

If they are going to move the dept. to a new location why did the city spend $9 million on a retaining wall?? 🤬

I like how they use $200k as an average house price to justify just a $128 increase....I mean maybe that would be acceptable about 15 years ago but..... What's the real average price of a house out there. It sure as shit isn't $200k.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Voted against the measure last time due to specifics of that measure. I will be a "yes / hell yes" vote this time as the ND legislature continues to prioritize corporate welfare over the citizens of our State. Our property taxes have gone up 39% over the past two years. I consider property tax & sales tax to be the most regressive taxes and Burleigh County just raised the sales tax with a promise to decrease the increase in property tax. Enough is enough!!

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I think it will pass this time but get ready when the legislature convenes in January they will say the voters didn't really know what they were voting for ,Like the term limit issue, there is no way they will roll over and let it happen

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I li

I like how they use $200k as an average house price to justify just a $128 increase....I mean maybe that would be acceptable about 15 years ago but..... What's the real average price of a house out there. It sure as shit isn't $200k.
You are correct,, the average sales price of a single-family home in Bismarck/Mandan for the first 5 months of 2024 is $385,510.. crazy shit

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it will pass this time but get ready when the legislature convenes in January they will say the voters didn't really know what they were voting for ,Like the term limit issue, there is no way they will roll over and let it happen
how long did they F with the medical marijuana measure after it passed before they approved a butchered version.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When faced with inflation the government agencies response is to raise taxes instead of doing what the average person is forced to do and that is cut back.

sales tax.jpg
The county did vote them(commissioners)back in..and included another bright one that was ejected as mayor..this doesn't surprise me..the tax was also voted on by the residents. If I remember correctly I posted about this a while ago..how they had a commercial on how taxing us more was going to save us on property taxes.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny isn't it...someone thinking a Democrat is going to fix anything...other then creating MORE taxes.
Funnier yet, is we live in a state with a Republican controlled legislature, and you guys are bitching about the out of control spending, but you can’t admit what’s the cause is. WTF,

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Even funnier, is some think because they have an R behind their name means they are a republican or conservative. o_O
Very few are actually R. Why we have so many problems. If people would vote for actual Republicans that hold up the values of the constituents that elected them problems would be solved. I really hope the property tax passes and these Rinos understand we don't need them...it will also show when legislature try and overturn this who is really for the people.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very few are actually R. Why we have so many problems. If people would vote for actual Republicans that hold up the values of the constituents that elected them problems would be solved. I really hope the property tax passes and these Rinos understand we don't need them...it will also show when legislature try and overturn this who is really for the people.
I have said this before. The R's in ND are liberal Dems that run under the R label.
🤮 PUKE!

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bergums is against it...it must be a good thing.
While I understand your sentiment, Lord Burgum made one of the same points I've made from the beginning which is that eliminating property taxes will accelerate out-of-state and foreign ownership and control of North Dakota.

ND would become the only state in the country without property taxes. Where do you think the blue platers and sconis will choose to purchase lake property and retire... their shithole states or a better one with no property taxes?

Think Gates and China owning ND is already a problem? What better place to buy massive tracts of land than the only state without property taxes?

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I understand your sentiment, Lord Burgum made one of the same points I've made from the beginning which is that eliminating property taxes will accelerate out-of-state and foreign ownership and control of North Dakota.

ND would become the only state in the country without property taxes. Where do you think the blue platers and sconis will choose to purchase lake property and retire... their shithole states or a better one with no property taxes?

Think Gates and China owning ND is already a problem? What better place to buy massive tracts of land than the only state without property taxes?
Its a scare tactic. IMO i would not move to a state to save $5-10k a year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 64
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 24