Property Tax Credit

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why? Someone thinks they should get more than 11%? Fuckers.

I told a guy the other day that I have been doing this wrong, worked since I was 16 and been at my employer 35 years, wife has been at her employer for 44 years, everything we have is paid for, 0 assistance from anyone.

People that get a ton of assistance from government programs have better things than we have but have worked way less 😡

https://wallethub.com/edu/hardest-working-states-in-america/52400

Do you think there’s any coincidence that 7 of the top 10 hardest working states (and all of the top 5) are republican dominate while 8 of the bottom 10 states are all democratic run.............it aint rocket science. I do love how the author throws in a quote saying maybe those in the hardest working states should work less. IDK, maybe those on the bottom should step up there game and work more?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would maybe be ok with the state picking up the bulk of the tab for 1 thing. Like education maybe as that seems like it could be formula based. $x per student or some shit. I don't know. $x per mile of roadway? Same issue arises though. Why must willy town pay for bowmans kids for example? Some creativity is in line. But, Completely eliminating property tax seems extreme.
I do agree with you and I think many do as well, however I think most can also agree that something substantial needs to be done as we are on an unsustainable path with the current model. It’s served it’s purpose in the past but now the model isn’t working for the people. extreme movement one direction is met with an extreme move the other and so on. That’s where we are now. Things were getting out of hand with no recourse in sight and little in the way of actual substantial change. So an extreme actions are being taken.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where does the money from BND go? Or lottery sales? I’m assuming general fund? Why can’t we use these monies for education? Education should be a priority for the state, so why would it be that difficult to earmark money for it instead of dipping into a drying well year after year after year. Peoples dollars are stretched thin enough. It’s time for all the politicians who ran on campaign promises of bringing wealth and expansion to the state to actually do something meaningful for all residents.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our dollars are stretched thin, but not the state of ND! This isnt citizens asking for a handout. Its them asking for their f'ing money back because the state isnt entitled to hoard as much as they can. And then local gov raises our taxes. There is a distribution problem here.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Where does the money from BND go? Or lottery sales? I’m assuming general fund? Why can’t we use these monies for education? Education should be a priority for the state, so why would it be that difficult to earmark money for it instead of dipping into a drying well year after year after year. Peoples dollars are stretched thin enough. It’s time for all the politicians who ran on campaign promises of bringing wealth and expansion to the state to actually do something meaningful for all residents.
Lol..politicians do what they say..that's funny.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update: wow….. just wow. I just got my property tax statement in the mail…. My taxable value went up by $32,500 in one year. After the $500 credit I’ll save a whopping $211 this year. But wait just a minute. After the chip sealing in our development im now responsible for $206 in specials….. so fuck yea I’m up $5 whole fking dollars this year. Next year I bet I’m back to owing more and my mortgage going up. After receiving this I can tell you right now this measure will pass with flying colors. Good thing they send these out in august and not October because I bet it would receive 98.7% yes vote. To the tax collectors and people responsible for these increases year after year…… fuck you… I mean that, like really fuck you.

Last edited:

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don’t even care anymore about the scare tactics and other bs they are saying. This shit has to stop by any means necessary at this point. I’ve never been more convicted to vote yes on a measure in my life. It’s getting passed….

So have you been to your city, county, school district, or township meetings and gotten involved to understand what they are spending their revenue on and how they are coming up with their assessed mils?

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Update: wow….. just wow. I just got my property tax statement in the mail…. My taxable value went up by $32,500 in one year. …….

Curious if you would sell you house for what they have it assessed at? I know i wouldn’t and only about 1 in 10 that I talk to would…..

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
So have you been to your city, county, school district, or township meetings and gotten involved to understand what they are spending their revenue on and how they are coming up with their assessed mils?
Yes. And I won’t waste my time ever again. Make sure you tell the others to have a game plan when this measure is passed Mr. government employee.

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
By taking value of your property up is what they think makes you warm and fuzzy inside.

They tell you they didn’t increase your taxes and your house is worth more that’s how they get the extra money for there pet projects.

I bet that if you asked the city to buy your house at what they have it valued at, they would give you a dirty look and say there’s no way you’re house is worth that much. Fuckers🤬

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes...an amphitheater...after removing a boat ramp....they didn't care that we said no...😁

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m golfing and decided to see what you guys, my buddies, are up to. Don’t you putzs have a life?

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
if it was for primary residence only i'd be 100% on board. The commercial and rental property owners and the grain farmers who get subsidized to the point that they are not allowed to fail through our federal tax dollars and don't pay taxes on their homes now will be the biggest beneficiaries. The second will be out of state investors buying rental homes, apartment and commercial properties. Third will be wealthy professionals from out of state who buy a quarter of land to hunt. Or 50 something year olds from out of state that hate their jobs and can sell their home for a good profit and have a meager retirement and buy modest homes here and then they live on a fixed income, never spending a dime at any local businesses or making improvements to the property ( a friend of ours from Idaho spoke about what the Californians did to their area).
I hate never owning my property as much as the next guy and spending is out of control. My fear is that to make up for the loss our sales tax will go to 8 or 9 or 12 percent or more. An increase in sales tax will only harm all of us who actually live here and spend money to live here.
Farming is a business it is meant for profit, rental properties are a business, etc. Our homes are not a profitable asset or purchase in most circumstances. It is to provide shelter and a place to raise a family. The cost to maintain and improve is usually a horse a piece by the time you sell it if you ever do, with no tax advantages, unlike commercial properties and ag land.
This guy gets it. Excellent summary.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 152
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 47