Ranger ice auger mount

Mgx2400

Honored Member
Just mounted this to my ranger. Pretty excited to use it! Anyone else have auger mounts? Pics? 20181114_173653.jpg

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is the best system put there for a utv imo. I have seen the ones that mount into the holes in ranger boxes and they move to much for my liking.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cringe every time I see mounts like this. The auger is held solid while the head is allowed to flop around. The gearcase and shaft seal are taking the load and bounce of the head as the auger is held solid. Being a mechanic this seems like a horrible situation. I’ve made several auger carriers for myself and other people and everyone has the main head supported. Just my opinion for what’s it worth.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is the best system put there for a utv imo. I have seen the ones that mount into the holes in ranger boxes and they move to much for my liking.

Mine is mounted in the holes on the box. I cut aluminum pipe the height of the box to fit as a sleeve over the re-rod to remove the “play”. Problem solved.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Digger has a plate that helps hold the head up and prevents head rotation. Does the one pictured not have that?

- - - Updated - - -

OK - I'll bite. What's with the gold painted bottles?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
What mount is that, is it just a digger on the bumper, or is there another mounting bracket? There is a company that does make a single and double bumper mount that uses the digger carriers which is sweet and the only way to go for Winnipeg. Mounting the digger on the side of the box doesn't work on Winnipeg, although its ok most other places. Also yes the digger does have a piece to support the head, it just doesn't look like its attached yet in the pic.

Found a pic of the double mount

26804901_1633855430007721_1957232439628589120_n.jpg

Last edited:

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one thing I wish the Digger auger carriers had was a second clamp for the flighting side, especially for rough ice and with an extension on. I may need to browse Mcmaster Carr to rig something up and replace those F'ing bungee cords.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one thing I wish the Digger auger carriers had was a second clamp for the flighting side, especially for rough ice and with an extension on. I may need to browse Mcmaster Carr to rig something up and replace those F'ing bungee cords.
Digger does have a new carrier called the "all season" carrier that does have more ways to secure things to the mount, but i havent seen it in person to know how well it would work. I agree though that i wish i had a second clamp for Winnipeg once i have the 20" extension on, bungees are a necessity for the long ride out and back.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Digger has a plate that helps hold the head up and prevents head rotation. Does the one pictured not have that?

- - - Updated - - -

OK - I'll bite. What's with the gold painted bottles?

Did you get rid of your snowmobile with the johnson cargo rack?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
fine. I will buy the package, remove the rack and trade the snowmobile to dirty for a five gallon bucket full of snooty patootys.

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked at JCS's website and every product is "sold out". Wondering if they maybe went out of business.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
price just went up! :;:rockit

- - - Updated - - -

maybe it was that lawsuit - the "mangled ice fisherman" thing that happened

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 83
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52