Robinhood App

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stock Moe on YouTube seems like a good guy to listen to. He was an old stock broker and financial planner who teaches investing in high school and college. Maybe we should get a thread going on good stocks to buy? Electric Vehicle stocks could see a good boom in the coming years.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
These latest IPO pricing are totally driven by speculation. There's NO WAY Air BnB should be at the $147/sh valuation! Maybe $80-$100?? I had a chance to buy shares directly thru Air BnB if I wouldn't submitted the forms (all Air BnB hosts were offered a buy-in price at the initial valuation of $68) but I didn't get the form completed by the deadline. Oh well, it would've been a nice little money maker had I bought the 10 shares I had considered.

If Y'all want and there's interest can we get a room, here in ND Angler, for the Robinhood crowd and help each other? I'd be happy to share some of my successes and reasonings for choosing certain stocks. I don't invest to companies I 'want' to be a part of, rather, I invest in companies that are going to have good returns/increases and are considered 'Buy or Strong Buy' recommendations by analysts. Is this something we can do? It would basically be an informal investment group, right here.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be game for a group. I have put a couple hundred in and doubled it. My brother hit tuper wear just right and made enough to pay for his hunting season. I have done good on dfen and sdiv for a dividend etf. Got in low on carnival and doubled up on that. Wish I would have had 10 grand to gamble with could have been a good year.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
One that surprised me was gun stocks. I figured since we're getting a liberal president, gun sales n stock purchases would go sky high. Turned out that the gun stock pump n dump already happened with the BLM shit.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
So whos buying gamestop?! Ha! I have zero experience with the stuff. What are the ramifications of hedge funds going bankrupt? Maybe I should throw some cash in today??

Is robinhood app the best for this kind of stuff? Or do they steal alot in fees and what not?

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had gamestop and sold a while back when it went up a little damn wish i still had it . No fees on rh

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes me nervous linking it to my bank account. They want my bank login. Does it connect to a singular account or have access to everything at that one bank? I dont like that......Havent linked yet...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes me nervous linking it to my bank account. They want my bank login. Does it connect to a singular account or have access to everything at that one bank? I dont like that......Havent linked yet...

i opened an account just for rh so it isnt connected to any of my other accounts. You just transfer money from it to your rh and then back when you make fat stacks of cash

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish i would have dropped some coin into game stop (GME) when it was going crazy high. It might crash and burn now though so it would have only been a short term play. My initial $100 bucks that i started with in mid june last year is now at $320.11. It is kinda neat to dabble in.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Game Stop sitting with Chevron and Amazon CEOs after reddit makes them a Fortune 500 company.
6A6D5681-7658-431F-9B77-9186FD74F736.jpeg

Other than a bunch of rich dudes losing a bunch of money, there is a huge potential for negative impacts on pensions and 401Ks (depending). They technically only lose money if they exit their position or if the price is high enough that the fund can’t handle the drawdown and their broker gives em a margin call and kicks em out. It would be interesting to see how close some of these accounts are to margin call. Honestly, most can probably ride it out and are just losing money on paper. If they get kicked by the broker, the fund is shot - meaning something like a pension could be wiped clean. If they can ride it, the loses are erased once price comes down. Those morons should’ve all had stop losses in place anyways.

Its most likely the guys most most hurt from this are the most recent buy ins. But who knows.

Now there’s talk of further regulations for short sell/hold positions. Hopefully they just mean single stocks. I’ve been very successful the last few months shorting indices and currency pairs so I’d be pissed. It’s the fund manager’s fault and the big guy lost so now the little guy needs to be restricted.....

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Game Stop sitting with Chevron and Amazon CEOs after reddit makes them a Fortune 500 company.
mjdv02h9a3-caffe-con-gli-autoreggenti-sexy-un-buon-caffe-non-si-rifiuta-mai_b.jpg

Other than a bunch of rich dudes losing a bunch of money, there is a huge potential for negative impacts on pensions and 401Ks (depending). They technically only lose money if they exit their position or if the price is high enough that the fund can’t handle the drawdown and their broker gives em a margin call and kicks em out. It would be interesting to see how close some of these accounts are to margin call. Honestly, most can probably ride it out and are just losing money on paper. If they get kicked by the broker, the fund is shot - meaning something like a pension could be wiped clean. If they can ride it, the loses are erased once price comes down. Those morons should’ve all had stop losses in place anyways.

Its most likely the guys most most hurt from this are the most recent buy ins. But who knows.

Now there’s talk of further regulations for short sell/hold positions. Hopefully they just mean single stocks. I’ve been very successful the last few months shorting indices and currency pairs so I’d be pissed. It’s the fund manager’s fault and the big guy lost so now the little guy needs to be restricted.....

most of them are just kids no margin call or broker -- my kid -- he opened a robinhood account stuck a k at gamestop bought and sold and then transfered his principal and earning back out to his checking account. Its the last ones in that will take the hit. simple

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Robinhood locked most of those companies now so you cant buy them. I did not get in on the GME stock but I was able to snag a little bit of AMC before they canceled my order amongst the shit show. I also bought Naked Brand which was way up over the last week and now they locked that to so you can buy anymore. Stupid!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
This GME thing is certainly interesting to watch, The guy that started it a year ago is now up $50 million! His position gained like $20 million just yesterday, he has cashed out $13m but is still holding the rest. These hedge funds have been screwing the little guy forever, but a group of little guys takes it to the hedge fund and now Wallstreet is up in arms.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is really crazy. More censorship now.

The people at the top can't STAND when they lose control. This is no different than trump getting elected.

They will stop at nothing....to change the rules....and get back in control....just like today they are freezing these stocks so every day folks can't buy them. Thats illegal!!!! Just because you are getting taken to the cleaners on the stock market doesnt mean you can shut it down....They sure as hell dont do that with small traders. But when the big guys take a hit....oh boy, lets shut 'er down. F***** slimeballs.

Just a side note: I never got in so i'm just a spectator.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33