Robinhood App

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thats the whole fricken point!! These hedge funds are shorting companies to destroy them! .......

I completely disagree. A company with a solid balance sheet isn't going to be destroyed from short sellers. A healthy balance sheet gives them ability to obtain financing and they aren't solely relying on their stock price. The only companies that are going to be destroyed from short selling are companies that have a damn shaky balance sheet to begin with. And it so those shitty financials of the company that are causing to to be shorted or basically bet against that their stock is on the way down. Those companies put themselves in that position, it wasn't the stock price that put them there.

A further point, so the reddit group is saying FU to the investment community for seeing the writing on the wall of a company on it's way down, and basically rewarding the higher ups of "game-stop" (in this case) for doing a shitty job running the company and driving it into the ground. Basically they just made a an already rich CEO of gamestop (whom is doing a shitty job) a much wealthier person. That makes a bunch of sense...............everyone knows the higher ups of these companies have a significant amount of company shares which are normally part of their compensation package. If was the CEO of game-stop, I would've cashed out and sailed into the sunset.

I'll note one more disclaimer, I don't play the margins, I don't have the stomach or aptitude for it so again, I have absolutely no horse it this race. I just think the irony of the reddit movement is completely hypocritical.

Last edited:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I completely disagree. A company with a solid balance sheet isn't going to be destroyed from short sellers. A healthy balance sheet gives them ability to obtain financing and they aren't solely relying on their stock price. The only companies that are going to be destroyed from short selling are companies that have a damn shaky balance sheet to begin with. And it so those shitty financials of the company that are causing to to be shorted or basically bet against that their stock is on the way down. Those companies put themselves in that position, it wasn't the stock price that put them there.

A further point, so the reddit group is saying FU to the investment community for seeing the writing on the wall of a company on it's way down, and basically rewarding the higher ups of "game-stop" (in this case) for doing a shitty job running the company and driving it into the ground. Basically they just made a an already rich CEO of gamestop (whom is doing a shitty job) a much wealthier person. That makes a bunch of sense...............everyone knows the higher ups of these companies have a significant amount of company shares which are normally part of their compensation package. If was the CEO of game-stop, I would've cashed out and sailed into the sunset.

I'll note one more disclaimer, I don't play the margins, I don't have the stomach or aptitude for it so again, I have absolutely no horse it this race. I just think the irony of the reddit movement is completely hypocritical.

If you think the iterations around gamestop for the last few days are about saving a bad company you may want to take a broader view.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So is everyone going to leave this app, or keep using it?

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya. What are some other good apps? Im not gonna use robinhood now but would like to get in on some others.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
LxvcJ31k.jpg
I really hope president trump opens his own financial system because with his track record while he was president it's a no brainer I will be investing my old esop and 401k shares with him.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out thinkorswim.com. It's part of TD ameritrade. It gives you so much good information. 50 day moving average, 200 day moving average, etc. You also have the ability to trade options or short stock. Lots of what is going on with GME lately. It's a great tool to use to help know where to make your money work for you.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya. What are some other good apps? Im not gonna use robinhood now but would like to get in on some others.

The bullshit not allowing purchases. My two kids jumped to ameritrade. Last night the full moon got the fish swimming again see saw cash out dump in again slot machine beer money

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bullshit not allowing purchases. My two kids jumped to ameritrade. Last night the full moon got the fish swimming again see saw cash out dump in again slot machine beer money

they were both down on ameritrade for a while yesterday. Out of spite I think amc will jump today I bought 3 shares pre market hopefully I get them before the huge spike.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gamestop is pretrading back up. No doubt after the short sellers got out

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to stick with Robinhood for the time being. If they were the only ones that restricted buying i would look elsewhere but there were others that did the same thing so it wasnt only RH. According to my app when i opened this morning, they will allow a certain amount of buying today..but NO fractional shares.. ie have to buy whole shares. that sucks. We shall see how this all shakes out with the companies that did the restricting.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
got in on amc now i hope every one bangs it bought some dodge coin also

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doge has been fun...I have been in and out of it a half dozen times since yesterday making coin every time!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
got in on amc now i hope every one bangs it bought some dodge coin also

my daughter did the amc thing yesterday --- i think its at double now. Beer money turned into rent money overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

2021-01-25T175131Z_97170233_RC25FL9EESTW_RTRMADP_2_DAVOS-MEETING-DALIO.jpg2021-01-25T175131Z_97170233_RC25FL9EESTW_RTRMADP_2_DAVOS-MEETING-DALIO.jpgbaby boomer of the day!!!!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
my daughter did the amc thing yesterday --- i think its at double now. Beer money turned into rent money overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

13055710_1053996967956436_9087586468887993832_o.jpg13055710_1053996967956436_9087586468887993832_o.jpgbaby boomer of the day!!!!!

im hoping it turns into snow goose decoy money haha

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
bad hangoverGabrielPlotkin.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

220px-Kenneth_Griffin.jpgmassive hangover

- - - Updated - - -

-1x-1.jpghave another drink Stevey

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doge has been fun...I have been in and out of it a half dozen times since yesterday making coin every time!

What platform are you using for Doge? I'm using RH for it currently and the "real time" quotes have been terrible. Also does crypto buy/sell frequently get you in day trader status or is that just for stocks?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
remember folks--- do this for beer money/small toy money --- dont get to serious and lose mammas savings.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28