Sak, it's been a good run!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It went down a foot in the last 2 weeks.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only bright spot since there is no snow pack. Sakakawea is 8.9' higher now than at the same time last year. Hopefully the corp doesn't do anything drastic to drop it.
hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which gets filled first. when the COE is involved you can bet it won't be Sak

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I look at the lack of snow and think about how frustrating owning a sled has to be.

Yikes.

snow accumulations
look to be 6 inches to a foot with localized higher totals

nice all i gonna see is flakes and break lights was hoping for clear skies

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think the crossing on ashtray is open water by now?
Not sure....I was at Sundstrom's Landing on Sunday and there was 18"+ of ice, but by the end of the day it was slick as snot with water on top of the ice and the landing was slushy and rutted.

Oh, by the way, slayed the crappies and white bass. I've never caught WB through the ice and it was a blast! Crappies were 9" to 14" with every age class in between. Clouds of crappies on Livescope! Had one school 50 feet long and 8 feet tall. Parked on top of them and they didn't spook....

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not sure....I was at Sundstrom's Landing on Sunday and there was 18"+ of ice, but by the end of the day it was slick as snot with water on top of the ice and the landing was slushy and rutted.

Oh, by the way, slayed the crappies and white bass. I've never caught WB through the ice and it was a blast! Crappies were 9" to 14" with every age class in between. Clouds of crappies on Livescope! Had one school 50 feet long and 8 feet tall. Parked on top of them and they didn't spook....
Did you walk out with a sled, or drive out? I like 18" to walk on😉

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m thinking of heading over to Alkaline on Saturday with the SxS, hoping it isn’t a sketchy trip..:confused:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you walk out with a sled, or drive out? I like 18" to walk on😉
I drove out - lots of folk did and I had reports from a buddy for the area I was headed. I don't know about that this weekend.....Mainly because of the shore area by the landing.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
Good luck! Let me know if you ever venture to the east and need a fishing buddy
I’d have to drive by a lot of good fishing lakes to get to ya…lol

I’ve fished Ashtray quite a bit when I lived over there.

Attachments

FB_IMG_1436283359245.jpg

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I just keep picturing the crappie cloud...were they striking like mad, or were they fickle?

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just keep picturing the crappie cloud...were they striking like mad, or were they fickle?
Like mad....from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm. I felt guilty quitting because when they finally moved away I didn't feel like chasing them. I was spoiled!

Bait of choice was a Pinhead jig with a minnow head. Lots of times I'd catch them without the minnow head though. The white bass would come through in a line on the bottom and rocket up to slam the Pinhead. The first one I caught fought like a walleye and I thought it was a 28 incher.....quickly realized that WB swim circles as they ascend through the water column.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d have to drive by a lot of good fishing lakes to get to ya…lol

I’ve fished Ashtray quite a bit when I lived over there.
Understood! However, I've been told I'm the best fishing buddy a guy could hope for....just sayin'. It's usually my friends who don't own Livescope....those whores!

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was at Hobart on Saturday and didnt catch shit. Moved three times and couldnt even mark a fish. Weekend before it was non stop for perch. Weather pattern has em all screwed up imo.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84