Savage or Tikka?

Tikka or Savage (for my specifc application)

• Tikka

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • Savage

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree the ELD-X is designed for critters. However, the A-MAX is not. Yes it will kill stuff, but if you hit an elk in the shoulder, who knows what'll happen.

It will kill it just the same dead as the eld x would. Amax has been proven many times over. Holes kill shit its not rocket science put the holes where you want and it dies faster the end.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
the eld x, its not rocket science

Actually it is. Pre-ELD A-max's are essentially slickery ballistic tips and kill just fine assuming they're stuck where they reasonably oughta be.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
YEAH!! And so will a damn bonded Fusion!!

th

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually it is. Pre-ELD A-max's are essentially slickery ballistic tips and kill just fine assuming they're stuck where they reasonably oughta be.

The holes killing shit is the non rocket science part. The new tip and design of the eld m/x is

- - - Updated - - -

YEAH!! And so will a damn bonded Fusion!!

th

Find me 6.5 creedmoor in fusion I will shoot a box and post results just for you.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I could man. I too am becoming enamored with this case. I hope it catches on. Hard. It may be the ultimate for deer.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are more and more factory loads and at 20 is bucks a box for good factory ammo it really is gaining traction. More companies offering it helps to.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
All Fed does is .260 or Swede and I forgot to check if either of those were Fusion.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
For you svnmag:

WP_20160715_004.jpg

I haven't got a chance to shoot them yet.
I probably will this weekend. Hopefully I'll have my ELD-X from Midway by then so I can cook up some good loads.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy hell...I'm stunned and happy. Did you get 150's? In all my yakking about these things I forgot to mention I was shooting 150. Anyways, please let the gun settle a bit and take them seriously. As I said my groups were all cold bbl. I also first shot at a can or something for a fouler. I kept the bbl slightly dirty for the duration of the hunt then cleaned shiny for storage. I guess I've never mentioned a lot of shi'ite now I'm "nervous".

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, you'd have to zoom on that picture somehow, but they are the 150s.
I'm not expecting great long distance grouping since all the tips appear to be formed slightly differently, but I'm sure they kill stuff.
First I need to work on this stock a bit so that the barrel actually floats...

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been told by a few experts the tip is of little consequence, balance is the key. The balance and bonding are the selling points of the bullet. I guess once you get it on paper, try a clean vs fouled group. I maybe doing better fouled due to a 30 year old bbl (never shot with a handload). You know all this shit...I'm just excited someone finally decided to listen to my dumbass.

th

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't make me go GST on your ass. (Sorry G)

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, you'd have to zoom on that picture somehow, but they are the 150s.
I'm not expecting great long distance grouping since all the tips appear to be formed slightly differently, but I'm sure they kill stuff.
First I need to work on this stock a bit so that the barrel actually floats...

shoot it as is first. you may not need to do a thing. the last remington i bought shot minute of tank at 100 yards tho (not really exaggerating, i actually hit the guys paper next to me) until i put a decent stock on it and floated the barrel. That soured my liking for remington, but ya never know lots of rifles like a little pressure on the barrel.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was my deal with the 77. Ol 'boy hogged out the channel, bedded it and gave me a better trigger than I thought possible. 9 down to 3 according to my Berkely fish scale. When I got it home, I tried the dollar bill and was WTF? I took it back and was told: "I may be fucking this thing up now. If your groups go to hell; put a piece of leather belt under the bbl." He took it back to his "area" and I heard vigorous rasping. He came out with Baby and demonstrated the dollar in a non-sexual manner as he was fully clothed. I appreciated this courtesy.

Was shooting Win coated "Ballistic Tips" at a "quarter". Bought a box of Fusion on a whim the next year and the rest is me shooting off my mouth. I just want all non-handloaders to experience the same pleasure I received without a possibly diseased whore.

Forgot to mention: I took it back the next morning (without shooting) and the groups didn't change with the Wins. after the true float. Prior to the BST's I was "happy" with "baseball" at 100 with Corelokts and Power Points.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
After the work BST's still shot in a quarter and Fusion in a .50 cal hole. Cold bbl and Hoppes patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried the Fusion after mounting new scope.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88