Shadehill Reservoir

meoutdoors

Hello….first off- Shadehill is in South Dakota near Lemmon SD… can’t find anything for SD reports. Just wondering if any NDakotans have fished lately at Shadehill and can give me a report of depth, lures, area, and bait used. New area and looking for any tips to get us onto walleye… thanks

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven’t been there lately but it reminds me a lot of lake tschida if you have ever fished there. fishes similar pitching jigs and bait to points and structure and pulling points and bays with cranks or live bait should produce decent.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have a cabin on Shadehill near the West Cabin Boat Ramp. Have been out a bit so far this summer, fishing from both the shore/rocks and from the boat. Have done fairly well. On that lake, the minimum walleye size is 15". We picked up a lot of smaller ones on Sunday using crawlers/spinners, but we managed to keep 8 between 15-20" in about 3 hours from the boat. Have had okay luck from shore with jig/plastics or floating jig with inflated crawlers. 8-13 feet, pulling mostly points.

Picked up some catfish, a drum, some perch, and two monster carp as well on Sunday. Is kind of fun to get a mixed bag and never know what you're pulling in!

Walleye Slayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish shallower than you think you should. On one of my best days last year around this time, we parked the boat in about 8 ft of water. We started throwing white flicker shads to shore and caught a three-person Limit of 17 to 19-inch fish in less than 4 feet of water at 10 a.m.; by 11 o'clock, we were done.

meoutdoors

Thanks everyone for some input excited to try a new area. Appreciate the input.

meoutdoors

Thanks everyone who shared input from my questions. Appreciate it and looking forward to camping and fishing the Shadehill recreation area

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88