ShadRap FlickerShad or Walleye Diver?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I am new to downrigging, so I don't have a lot of experience. I am mostly a live bait guy so I have only a half dozen or so crankbaits. So I need to bolster up my arsenal. I can get flicker shads for under $4 and shad raps are just over $7 a piece. Are the shad raps worth almost double the price. Also if you were to start your downrigging arsenal what would you start with (how many, colors, sizes,) with price being a consideration I don't want to go broke right away I would prefer it to be a slow drawn out process if you know what i mean.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe SDMF stated this earlier. Burn 10 $100 bills and you'll be money ahead in a few yea....months. I like flicker shads but they all have their purpose. I bought a bunch when they were still 2.99 almost everywhere. I also have a bunch of shad raps too but that's about it. I can't force myself to buy salmos. I'm getting a better collection of reef runners now but I did find some blanks that are dead on to the deep divers.

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
I catch an awful lot of fish on flicker shads. Curious to get the flicker minnow out for some work. But if I had to pick only one crank to run, it would probably be flicker shads.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67