Should ND legalize Marijuana

Should North Dakota legalize marijuana for recreational use ?

• Yes

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 8 10.0%

• Total voters

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if I would be looking forward to a bunch more " spaced out" people driving around. Its bad enough with the cellphone crap that goes on. Have sat behind people at lights that are busy yacking away. Get on the horn , and of course they flip ya off in the mirror because they didn't deserve it.
But as Jiffy said, if so, tax the living shit out of it !

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fucking hate the smell. Vegas last trip was nothing but a haze of that shit, couldn't get away from it, at all.
My kids are all adults now, but agree, lets not make it easier for them to become stoners.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope. I don’t want ND to become Colorado. Don’t want it around my kids (yes I understand it’s already prevalent, but it will be even more prevalent if legalized). And I can guarantee you will see more homelessness and more entitlement programs/funding in our state.
NEW FLASH!!!

Colorado was full of hippies before they legalized weed. How do you think it got legalized? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The homeless argument doesn't hold water. Using that same argument, ND would have shitloads of homeless since we are towards the top of the list in the US for alcohol consumption and what not.

Or maybe it's just weed that makes you end up homeless? Probably just weed that does that.....

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Legalize it, regulate it and tax it just like alcohol.

I'd rather have a dude high on MJ than somebody spaced out on prescription meds that they shouldn't be taking. At least the dude smoking mj just has the munchies and doesn't want to kill me.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
NEW FLASH!!!

Colorado was full of hippies before they legalized weed. How do you think it got legalized? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The homeless argument doesn't hold water. Using that same argument, ND would have shitloads of homeless since we are towards the top of the list in the US for alcohol consumption and what not.

Or maybe it's just weed that makes you end up homeless? Probably just weed that does that.....
Weed makes one lethargic and loose motivation. Booze gets one hyper, and gives you that go gett'm attitude.
Weed is a gateway drug, and stinks.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Weed makes one lethargic and loose motivation. Booze gets one hyper, and gives you that go gett'm attitude.
Weed is a gateway drug, and stinks.
The only thing I agree with in this whole statement is it smells like shit!

The affects of alcohol and weed depends on the person. It also depends on the persons mood at the time of influence, among a myriad of other factors.

Gateway drug? There is no such thing IMO. If there were, alcohol would be #1.

Greenhorn

Honored Member
My argument is against marijuana. Talking about alcohol is a red herring.
My argument here is based on what I saw when I spent a year working with homeless people every day in Denver. From what I saw, the cons of legalizing recreational marijuana far outweigh the benefits.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only thing I agree with in this whole statement is it smells like shit!

The affects of alcohol and weed depends on the person. It also depends on the persons mood at the time of influence, among a myriad of other factors.

Gateway drug? There is no such thing IMO. If there were, alcohol would be #1.
Yes the few times I have been drunk, I really felt the need to get some heroin and meth to really get that extra good high.

There I was sitting at my local club, getting an afternoon buzz going, and just like that I am now a crack whore.

I am mostly kidding in my entire post, and the previous one, smoke em if you got em.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My argument here is based on what I saw when I spent a year working with homeless people every day in Denver. From what I saw, the cons of legalizing recreational marijuana far outweigh the benefits.
How many of those homeless people were also alcoholics?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
the best way to keep homeless out of ND is to give homeless people less benefits if they are here. This means shelter, food, etc. What happens when you feed stray cats?

This doesnt mean we cant help people who end up in bad circumstances. If you are a ND resident, give TEMPORARY benefits, like housing and food. If a non ND resident shows up here asking for free stuff, the only free thing they should be given is a one way bus ticket to the nearest liberal state.

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
weed is legal in every state and province around north dakota. I know allot of people that smoke weed and it hasnt been a gateway drug. I know allot more people that have died young from booze than weed. I maybe wrong it could be lack of availability of harder drugs, but thats what ive seen.

Greenhorn

Honored Member
What are the benefits of legalizing it? Colorado and many other states advertised all the tax revenue that would go to schools. Have we seen schools improve in those areas?
Has the legalization of recreational marijuana in any city or state made that city or state any better?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 4
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1