Smart Watches?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who has them and what are your thoughts? My ex and my daughter both have them, but Ive never thought I needed one. My mom has some afib issues so I got her a samsung watch 6 and was helping her set it up so she can better monitor her heart rate. They are kinda neat but I still dont see why I would need one, since I pretty much always have my phone in my pocket...

If you have one and really like it, Id be interested in hearing why. What model do you have? Convince me I need one! If youve owned one and dont like it or use it, also explain why...

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Apple watch. I didn't want one and don't like wearing watches. However, my wife bought me one for my birthday since the rest of the family had them. I like it because I can leave my phone on the charger on the house or camper and not miss a call or text. I also leave my phone on silent at all times so even when its in my pocket I sometimes can't feel the vibration. I do feel it on my wrist though.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Apple watch. I didn't want one and don't like wearing watches. However, my wife bought me one for my birthday since the rest of the family had them. I like it because I can leave my phone on the charger on the house or camper and not miss a call or text. I also leave my phone on silent at all times so even when its in my pocket I sometimes can't feel the vibration. I do feel it on my wrist though.
I have a garmin instinct for alot of the exact same reasons. I can't always hear or feel my phone but my watch always gets my attention. I also like garmins ability to set gps points and what not for hunting. Just wish a guy was able to easily sync those point with onx

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have an Garmin Instinct. It's alright I guess. I've had a "smartwatch" of some sort for almost 2 decades. Mostly for my running. If you want to keep track of "health stuff" they're pretty cool. I would say almost mandatory for that nowadays. Or at least they take the work out of logging it.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem is everything is so damn small and so are buttons on display. I have an apple goes with my apple phone. Dont,if really have no need for it. Tried it just another toy.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Garmin instinct. I link to my in reach and phone can run maps or set tracks and leave way points. I have not wore it a while got concrete under it at work and fucked my skin up. It is durable as I beat the shit out of it.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Garmin instinct. I link to my in reach and phone can run maps or set tracks and leave way points. I have not wore it a while got concrete under it at work and fucked my skin up. It is durable as I beat the shit out of it.
Only thing I have found did any damage to my instinct is sparks/slag from welding or cutting torch

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18