So did fishing buddy finally kick the bucket?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now somebody wants to send a condolence? Look it up, Mougey, Stewart, Salzwedel...what a fucking joke. What are we friends? Stop, friends and family and you sir don't fit because I don't know you nor do I know anyone on this website that went to my dad's funeral. Fuck off dude!

You always post on the Haha funnies regarding sexual stuff, never seen you post a fishing report nor do you post anything else so why in the fuck would I give you personal info? Please feel free to explain you point on this?

I spent (wasted) 15 minutes looking it up......nothing....not surprised

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent (wasted) 15 minutes looking it up......nothing....not surprised
You and me both. This internet detective job ain’t glamorous, but we’re doing important work. Keep it up fellow gumshoe

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Confession time … I’ve been here and have been gone on NDA twice before.

1. The first time I felt that I needed to leave because there were Members that got upset when their identities were revealed for giving “Bad Reps.” Man Up people – don’t say something with the anonymity of the internet that you wouldn’t say to someone in person! I let that fester in me until I just quit visiting the site. That is the purpose of this post. See below.

2. The second time it hit me harder. I got upset that someone that I agreed with got Banned. It REALLY bothered me. I could not find a way to delete my membership, so I ended up pm’ing V and asked him to delete me from the Forum and I did not want to be associated with NDA any more.

3a. Now I came back again and have been lurking for a few weeks without posting anything. Turns out V didn’t delete me after all … he just changed my identity to “fallen soldier.” When I logged on a few weeks ago that’s how I came up. Thanks V for leaving me in the Forum.

3b. So, I’m not “fallen soldier” … I’m sl1000794 aka Steve Lodoen. Grew up in Bottineau, BSCE from UND 1968, worked construction all my life, retired 2008, spend winters in CA and summers on Lake Metigoshe.

3c. So why am I reviving an almost 4 month old thread. I feel that no one would post something that they would not say in a public discussion if everyone knew their name and background. I see a lot of posts in this thread that I do not think people would post if their personal info were known, so I want to add my post and revive this thread. I wish that to be a member on any/all forums you had to include your real name and some personal info in your membership application so people knew who you are - just like I included my info in the paragraph above. If that were a requirement, I think that many of the posts in this thread would not have been included. I don’t have anything on the internet to hide, so I do not have a problem telling people who I am. I know there are arguments about putting your personal info on the internet, but everyone has other info out there already that identifies them if someone wants to spend the time and money to find it.

I just think that posts on NDA would be much more civil if other members knew who was posting.

My $.02.

This should be good for another 20 pages at least.

V, take a poll to see if members want their and others personal info known to the public. I would like to see the results!

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was wondering there other day what happened to you. The Stanley cup chatter has been none existant. So welcome back! At least your Sharks made it to the Confrence round this year right!

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the bigger issue is taking yourself and/or anything said on the internet too seriously. People have different opinions about stuff. So what.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Confession time … I’ve been here and have been gone on NDA twice before.

1. The first time I felt that I needed to leave because there were Members that got upset when their identities were revealed for giving “Bad Reps.” Man Up people – don’t say something with the anonymity of the internet that you wouldn’t say to someone in person! I let that fester in me until I just quit visiting the site. That is the purpose of this post. See below.

2. The second time it hit me harder. I got upset that someone that I agreed with got Banned. It REALLY bothered me. I could not find a way to delete my membership, so I ended up pm’ing V and asked him to delete me from the Forum and I did not want to be associated with NDA any more.

3a. Now I came back again and have been lurking for a few weeks without posting anything
. Turns out V didn’t delete me after all … he just changed my identity to “fallen soldier.” When I logged on a few weeks ago that’s how I came up. Thanks V for leaving me in the Forum.

3b. So, I’m not “fallen soldier” … I’m sl1000794 aka Steve Lodoen. Grew up in Bottineau, BSCE from UND 1968, worked construction all my life, retired 2008, spend winters in CA and summers on Lake Metigoshe.

3c. So why am I reviving an almost 4 month old thread. I feel that no one would post something that they would not say in a public discussion if everyone knew their name and background. I see a lot of posts in this thread that I do not think people would post if their personal info were known, so I want to add my post and revive this thread. I wish that to be a member on any/all forums you had to include your real name and some personal info in your membership application so people knew who you are - just like I included my info in the paragraph above. If that were a requirement, I think that many of the posts in this thread would not have been included. I don’t have anything on the internet to hide, so I do not have a problem telling people who I am. I know there are arguments about putting your personal info on the internet, but everyone has other info out there already that identifies them if someone wants to spend the time and money to find it.

I just think that posts on NDA would be much more civil if other members knew who was posting.

My $.02.

This should be good for another 20 pages at least.

V, take a poll to see if members want their and others personal info known to the public. I would like to see the results!

What changed?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was wondering there other day what happened to you. The Stanley cup chatter has been none existant. So welcome back! At least your Sharks made it to the Confrence round this year right!

Yes, the Sharks are in the western conference finals and 2 wins from the Stanley Cup playoffs. They play today @ 2:00pm CDT in San Jose.

Go SHARKS!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not on social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook for a variety of reasons, but one of them is that I can’t be such a wise ass if my name is attached to it. It’s not that I say stuff I don’t want attributed to me, it’s that someday I might have to apply for a job somewhere and I don’t wont a recruiter to know I go by “Bed Wetter” among a group of friends here. And my reputation is not my own. My wife and kids and parents and siblings and in-laws have reputations too. Even if I say something seemingly innocuous, it might not come off that way to a disinterested party who might then hold it against someone else in my life.

Not to mention the psychos out there who might try to intentionally harm my family because they’re pissed about a position I took on a website.

What’s the point of having a forum like this if we have to be buttoned up all the time? I’ll keep my personal info private, thanks.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’

Not to mention the psychos out there who might try to intentionally harm my family because they’re pissed about a position I took on a website.

This this has happened to me before. Never again.

Doxxed and dozens of "anonymous" Social media users attempted to bombard my company, risked my family because one drugged up methmouth didnt like a position.
It was awefull and you are 1000% completely unable to address the obviously comcocted and fake "profiles" used against one.

b.t.w..... of course the person behind the attack.. a free speech loving opinion accepting and incusive member of the left wing media, who had just been released from prison for yet another meth bust.

My crime: a conservative viewpoint and being the fan of team he didnt like.

These altrustic notioning towards rules of civility only work when all sides are civil.

Evil uses the rules against only those that respect the rules.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Frozen4sioux you and Bed Wetter are spot on. You may have noticed in some debates the nasty people try shut a person up by using their real name in hopes they will be damaged in some way. The world is full of nut jobs who should not know your name.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
it would be a curious poll, if you had to reveal all your personal identity, would you stay?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all the nut job liberals out there every person on this website would be getting death threats, targeted by the IRS, fired from their jobs, harassed, you name it. Thanks but no thanks. This day and age liberals cannot be trusted.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
it would be a curious poll, if you had to reveal all your personal identity, would you stay?

No. Granted, I am only semi-anonymous, but I've had a couple of psycho douchebags track me down, bring my employment into the discussion, etc. The concept of the first amendment eludes some of our nutjobs.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not only liberals. We have nuts among us that if you don't agree with them 100% of the time you are the enemy.

th

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all the nut job liberals out there every person on this website would be getting death threats, targeted by the IRS, fired from their jobs, harassed, you name it. Thanks but no thanks. This day and age liberals cannot be trusted.

Dangit I'm a little dosappointed I havent't been stalked. Actually i signed in with Facebook the first time and was too lazy to get it changed to my old FB handle.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dangit I'm a little dosappointed I havent't been stalked. Actually i signed in with Facebook the first time and was too lazy to get it changed to my old FB handle.

You just got lucky, I was in Fairview not that long ago and if'n I didn't have the kids with me I was going to pull in just to anonymously say hi.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
It might be the tight fitting peckers pants I wear while riding my bike up river road.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77