lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
lfkLzxKt52Dj.jpg
If the Goat was still in the Whitehouse this dad hero would be there

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/teens-tag-out-turkeys-before-prom/?amp

Of course we never had social media when I was in high-school but we had girls in school who did these things and i could imagine there are members who could attest to the same conclusion. I like that there is still kids who like to show that outdoor enthusiasm even if it means one could be chastised for doing and maybe one story perhaps represents 1000s of stories that don't get published. Never the less it's always nice to read the outdoorlife for stories of awesome things.
turkey_hunting_prom-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
jMneC3qjpiFS.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5643773/faithful-dog-capitan-cemetery-master-argentina/
In case some don't believe this can happen

- - - Updated - - -

Reader's Digest version of just one -- and no doubt the best story I have?

One day a pitbull just showed up on our ranch. Out of nowhere. We named him Pitbull Petey.

He walked with a limp and seemed the dumbest animal ever. No emotion other than happy.

His favorite thing was to hop onto the floor panel of the open seated Gator we used to drive around shoveling manure from the pastures. He sees anyone heading for the Gator? Petey's going for the ride.

So, one day...I'm painting a Texas flag onto the front of our barn.

Petey comes up and nudges me -- then ambles toward the barn opening. He does it again... He's never done anything like this before. I say Petey, knock it off. But, he does it again.

So finally I get the feeling -- maybe I oughta' follow him, which I did, right to our horse Jolie who was in the barn with severe colic.

Okay, so I have to get her up right away and there's Petey, nipping at her, getting her irritated enough to snap back at him and when he backs off, Jolie HAS to get up to get at him.

So now Jolie is up and I lead her to the yard and tell my girl friend and sons, someone has to keep this horse up while I run to get a shot from the vet.

Of course they're on it... But they didn't need to do anything. Petey kept nipping at Jolie's heels. Every time she looked like she was ready to lay down, nothing doing, there was Petey.

This went on for the full hour and 15 minutes it took for me to drive to the vet, get what I needed and back.

That's some emotional intelligence there. Remarkable...
Another awesome story someone posted

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Today is a good day the Supreme Court overturned Roe. Vs. Wade, basically abortion is no longer protected by the federal government, its a state to state choice which is what it should have been from the start instead of a blanket right under federal law. Whatever you read the Supreme court did not outlaw abortion

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473

- - - Updated - - -

OYpdP2JTEBCg.jpg
Kristi Noam said she is going to propose a ban on abortions in South Dakota, I hope bergum does the same here in north dakota. Today is a good day if they want an abortion let them pay for it themselves.

Last edited:

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/teens-tag-out-turkeys-before-prom/?amp

Of course we never had social media when I was in high-school but we had girls in school who did these things and i could imagine there are members who could attest to the same conclusion. I like that there is still kids who like to show that outdoor enthusiasm even if it means one could be chastised for doing and maybe one story perhaps represents 1000s of stories that don't get published. Never the less it's always nice to read the outdoorlife for stories of awesome things.
turkey_hunting_prom-scaled.jpg
This is great!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The old man and I did this when we i was younger, I was randy savage and he was hacksaw Jim duggan (sic) was a sunday routine since maple leaf wrestling is what was on sunday mornings.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75