Storms

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure I could have floated a boat down main st. this morning on my way to the gym.

The commute from south to north bismarck was fun today. Also, seeing your gutters overflowing at 5 am doesn't let a guy get back to bed real easily.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like tonight might be a repeat as well...

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pioneer Park was completely under water when I came to work this morning and they had a motor grader out pushing mud off of River Road. Not nearly as many trees down as I would have expected from the way the wind sounded.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went up to New Johns Friday morning; complete disaster up there. Then I had to take a new route to work this morning due to Expressway being closed. Time to build my arc.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was talking with my dad about these storms. He mentioned back when he was a kid they actually had rain and on a rare occasion a storm. I even remember as a kid we would get a good 1 day soaker with little more than 1 or 2 claps of thunder. Now it seems like we can't get rain without it actually being a storm. I can't think of a time in the last 2-3 years where we got a good slow rain without thunder.

Woke up last night at 4:30 to lightning and thunder. About 5 min later it was down pouring and hail with estimate 50 mph winds. Only got .25 in NE of Sioux Falls.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hailed hard for 20min at my place. I'd say 15% was golf ball size and the rest nickel. Was enough to make the yard white. The wind wasn't terrible so don't have many branches down, but stripped a lot of leaves off the trees. The corn fields around my house are pretty shredded but still standing for the most part. Will have to take a closer look at things when I get home from work.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep had to water my garden last night it will be brown down here in no time with temps in the 90's. Just to be clear i am talking about south dakota as i have been told to leave north dakota situations to be handled by north dakota people. Hope you guys get it handled

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you in south Bismarck Dean?
We are in NW Bismarck.
Yeah far south end. Took a bit of hail damage to the broad leaves of the pumpkins and squash plants in the garden as well. Nothing too serious just enough to punch a fair few holes in the leaves.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
FB_IMG_1530639620692.jpgFB_IMG_1530639620692.jpg. Bassmasters we're shown sd storm shelters

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those of you who missed out on last night's weather, have no fear. Tonight will give you another shot at some of the summer fun stuff.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
North of Bismarck I only show 1.5" of rain, while many friend in town have 3" on their rain gauge this morning. Lots of wind and hard rain from 3am-5:30am. The parking lot of Kirkwood Mall was flooded out, as well as underpasses of 7th & 9th Streets, and the Expressway south of Kirkwood Mall.

The Tavis emergency valves that control flood water backup through the city were gushing water back out into the Big Mo. If there's more rain tonight it's not going to soak in anywhere. More localized flooding and some basements as well. The water table has got to be consumed right now, too!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I can think of is that we're on borrowed time as far as lack of mosquitoes around here. Methinks early season honker hunting is going to be particularly brutal now.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My gauge had a hair under 2" right in Yates. The radar looked like the worst was just north of us. My wife drove north to work right at 5:30 am right in the middle of te worst of it. She said it was coming down in buckets.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 146
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51