Suppressor Questions

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes it is funny I just got the call saying I can pick up my sparrow today

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey did ya go through with and purchase a suppressor? What did you go with? Anything else to look out for that hasn't been discussed in this thread?

I haven't gotten the process started yet. We had a baby girl in Feb and she had a stay in NICU, so hospital bills ate up the money I had saved up for my suppressor. It's still on my short list, not sure when I'll pull the trigger. Glad to hear others are getting theirs!

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes it is funny I just got the call saying I can pick up my sparrow today

Funny, I just bought A SS Sparrow today and sent in my form 4 paperwork. Dealer says 6month wait currently, SHiittyyyyyy.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny, I just bought A SS Sparrow today and sent in my form 4 paperwork. Dealer says 6month wait currently, SHiittyyyyyy.
If not longer after the shooting lots of guns flying off the shelves again

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_5574.jpg

First coyote suppressed. If I would have stayed tactical I would have got two more... The 8Y/O missed his first coyote on that stand, I shot the second @ 288 yds and the third one came over the hill and my boy was in the line of fire... Mufflers work !!

Walking to get the down coyote I looked up the hill and 20yds away was this guy..

IMG_5559.jpg

He survived gun season holding really still...

- - - Updated - - -

This was our 6th stand in two days.. probably would have killed more sooner but I was calling with my dog running around on stand. Her being there didn't help me.

Rifle is a 22-250AI, Brux tube, McMillan classic, Trigger tech. Shooting 50Vmax at 4000 fps

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey Huff,

That glass atop your rifle, Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm? Mil-dot or TMR? I had one not long ago with a front focal plane TMR. Really liked the scope but didn't have a rifle for it so she got traded for some gun parts.

toddy

Any thoughts on who should do the thread work on your barrel. I'm hearing that there are some shops in the Bis/Man area who now do it but I'm thinking about sending it to Sioux Falls Scheels as they do a lot of this work for Dakota Silencer.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
The turn around time and expense on sending it to Sioux Falls would be a bit prohibitive for me. Threading a barrel is a pretty common gunsmith task that just about any competent smith with the right equipment should be able to do. I'd call a few places in your area.

I recently got my 7mm done by Severance Shooting Solutions in Wyndmere. He did a great job, turnaround was 13 days (however that was in the summer).

Here’s a previous thread about barrel threading, albeit geared toward the FM area:
http://nodakangler.com/forums/showthread.php?6956-Barrel-threading-in-the-FM-area

Last edited:

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slim. It's a TMR also the can is a SRT VAPR. It's part of my O'Neil ops starter kit.

Call Brandon at Mandan Sporting goods, his barrel thread guy is really good. Also in Mandan with quick turn around. I brought him two barreled actions and he had them back two days later.

Frac man, I just found out the Sparrow will handle the .22 K-hornet !! My boy has a coyote rig !!

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
O'Neil ops is a killing machine. Here is to hoping President elect Trump is down with the American hearing protection act.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any one have a suggestion for someone to thread the bare el of a 17hmr with a bull barrel? Hoping to stay halfway local in the SE corner of ND

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any one have a suggestion for someone to thread the bare el of a 17hmr with a bull barrel? Hoping to stay halfway local in the SE corner of ND

There's a guy around Walcott if I'm not mistaken. Need a bbl threaded myself. Somebody chime in...

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take your rifle apart and mail the barreled action to someone with a good reputation. I mailed everything to Minerva Ohio for many years.. Gonna miss the Batcave

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a guy around Walcott if I'm not mistaken. Need a bbl threaded myself. Somebody chime in...

You guys should look up 4 posts in this thread where I mention:

I got my 7mm done by Severance Shooting Solutions in Wyndmere. He did a great job, turnaround was 13 days (however that was in the summer).

Here’s a previous thread about barrel threading, albeit geared toward the FM area:
http://nodakangler.com/forums/showth...in-the-FM-area

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need more money for all of this stuff hahaha between building guns expensive scopes and now this, I wonder if I can get a loan for the same as a new vehicle lol

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28