`/*%$ taxes

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Add to that the property tax bill that just came in the mail. Good bye $3400. You sure would have made a nice down payment on a 4 wheeler for ice fishing.
Yep surprise surprise the ole property taxes went up another $260! Gotta love property taxes, they go up every year no matter how your income does but a guys better off living in a shit hole and hoarding his money. Fucking biggest scam known to man!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wait a minute, those Child Tax Credit checks were given out each month, to the tune of $600-800/month?

Go figure,

Mr. Ineligible

I think it's $300 per month for each child under 5 and something around $275 a month for each child 6-17. These tax credits aren't new (put in place in 1997), the only thing that is happening right now is that they're paying them out in advance instead of people claiming the credit on their taxes. Which is why it's going to absolutely blind side people. For example, if I calculated my taxes and withholdings based on income and known credits January 2021 so I basically have no refund at tax time and now they're sending me a check for $600/month against my will, I now own them $7200 at tax time. Most people are spending that money without a clue because of the way the administration and media are selling the program. I distinctly remember one time when I was in high school my Dad saying how he wished he had more kids because they got a tax credit of $4,000 per child that year! So whoever had kids under the age of 18 after 1997 has likely got the same tax credit (or better).

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I opted out of the child tax credit but I’ll pay over $41,000 this year with state, federal, SS, and Medicare. I love this system

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have 0 deductions so we will end up paying in again as we have for the last 10 years.

When\if the Dems figure out that they have and will be spending to much, federal taxes will increase for all of us hard working souls.

City schools just had a vote to see if they could spend an extra $100 million and with only 3300 people voting it passed. Property taxes on an average home are expected to go up over $600 a year just for that and then add in what they will increase for the $1 billion they are spending on the flood project, home owners and renters in Minot are fucked.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy said he'd buy me a brand new Ranger 622 loaded with whatever I want....IF I paid his taxes.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soooooo, who else got pissed off when you got your mail today?? ::wowzers::;;;;;;;;:;barf

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aside from the normal junk mail, I don't see anything alarming. Pray tell???

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Value went up $9000 and taxes increased $499 from last year. Of the $499, school tax increase was $363.00.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you're anti-education and teachers?

Just effing with you, there really isn't enough in your original post to discern where the problem arises.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's only going to get worse as each year passes. Once a politician sees that their bills won't be covered the only other natural event they look to is higher taxation. I almost wish we had gone to the flat tax brought up back in 2016. Pay one price and call it a day. Just wait until you see these "new" taxes from the recently passed Inflation Reduction Act signed by POTUS last week. He completely lied that nobody making less than $400k would see increases. Nope, it's going to happen.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still waiting for my federal return from last year... according to turbotax they owe me around $1200! They accepted my electronic return then I got a letter in the mail saying they want me to send in a paper copy, which I did months ago, and I havent heard back since... Cant wait till they get the extra 80000 employees with guns to knock on my door!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you're anti-education and teachers?

Just effing with you, there really isn't enough in your original post to discern where the problem arises.

I dont mind paying for an education, what i don't like paying for is for sports programs that think they are semi pro and travel all over 3 states.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I dont mind paying for an education, what i don't like paying for is for sports programs that think they are semi pro and travel all over 3 states.

I couldn't agree more, how many kids make there living playing professional sports. And how many kids are welders, machinist, nurses, and the list goes on. You see these big sports complex's and the shop in the school has not changed in 40 yrs.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont know the numbers but Id bet that sports make the schools more money than it costs them... Boys sports at least. I could be wrong.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I couldn't agree more, how many kids make there living playing professional sports. And how many kids are welders, machinist, nurses, and the list goes on. You see these big sports complex's and the shop in the school has not changed in 40 yrs.

THEIR !!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 41
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14