The "NEW" SB 2315 - Pucker Up Buttercup!

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurt, thats awesome. But did you know that the farm groups wont allow money from Outdoor Heritage Fund to be used for plots? Maybe thats the next chip to fall.....Seems like the perfect opportunity and one of the main reasons that pot of money exists in the first place. Habitat and hunting opportunities.

Oh yeah. Farm groups tried to remove preference for "conservation" in OHF last week. Luckily that failed.....

People need to see the writing on the wall here. WAKE UP.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Montana’s tide is turning after similar issues. Block management was born out of a compromise between ranchers and sportsmen. Now things are in the works to pass laws opening landlocked public land. Ranchers have been gating forest service roads and fencing BLM land. It didn’t take long for outdoorsman to organize against that behavior. I know most ranchers are great people but since their organizations have such an all-or-nothing way of operating, we almost have to be the same way. If this becomes law, then public land being worked / grazed should absolutely not be posted. Walking access should be granted to landlocked public land. The century code pertaining to no net gain of public land should be erased. The farm bureau and the like should not be controlling our state. We have a pitiful amount of public land as it is. I love it when ranchers and sportsmen work together, like what MDF does with plots. We offer some elbow grease helping out with fencing and such, they let people take a few birds / critters off their land.

I really do hate seeing the divide grow wider.

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! When was the last time a new WPA or state game area was created? Time for sportsman to start watching out for themselves since the farm lobby could care less. They see us as a thorn in their side. Let me be clear, the frustration isnt with landowners here....its with the loud farm groups. Farm Bureau, Farmers Union, Corn Growers, Grain Growers, Soybean Growers..and now STOCKMANS. They all have a group!!! What do hunters have?![/QUOTE]

2014 for Coal Lake WMA. 2016 for Raab WMA (not sure if it’s open yet).

dank

This is probably one of the biggest exaggerations I have ever read. It currently is very difficult to find a working phone number for many of the posted fields I have tried to gain access to. To say that it takes nearly no time at all to track down a phone numbers is a straight up lie. It will only be worse to find the contacts if the state goes to this app or if they making all land automatically posted. At least now we can look on a posted sign to see who posted the land and in very rare occurrences put their number on the sign.

It’s not time to drastically change our current laws and it doesn’t have to be a matter of time. The voters hold the future of the laws in ND and I can tell you that a majority of them do not want this law changed as it is proposed.

"Stupidity", "biggest exaggerations", "straight up lie"...

This is the language that get's thrown at me for throwing out a different idea. If you haven't noticed, I don't want 2315 as I think it is a junk bill. I want legislation that is clear and doesn't cost the state a bunch of money.

I don't think people want to admit just how poorly the CURRENT system is working. Plenty of landowners are pissed because they have to post their land every year. Sportsmen are frustrated because that CRP they used to shoot sharpies in is now a soybean field with metal no trespassing signs in every corner. I think the internet and social media has made either of those claims nearly irrefutable.

It really stinks that getting access to some private land is more difficult than you'd like. Not to go all Nostradamus on you, but it isn't going to get easier and the question becomes, what are you going to do about it? Is what you are doing and fighting for at this moment the key to protecting the hunting heritage in our state?

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Time to start pushing for more conservation in this state. Farm groups just flushed cooperation down the toilet.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! When was the last time a new WPA or state game area was created? Time for sportsman to start watching out for themselves since the farm lobby could care less. They see us as a thorn in their side. Let me be clear, the frustration isnt with landowners here....its with the loud farm groups. Farm Bureau, Farmers Union, Corn Growers, Grain Growers, Soybean Growers..and now STOCKMANS. They all have a group!!! What do hunters have?!

Hunters have many groups! RMEF, MDF, DU, Delta, Pheasants Forever, BHA, NWF, many local sportsmen and wildlife clubs, etc.

The problem is most sportsman aren't actively involved. These orgs are then accused or labeled as not representing "Real Sportsmen" by the various ag groups in the state. The debate on this bill is far from over but if the sportsmen in North Dakota don't start getting involved and paying attention 365 days a year, there will be more of this type of legislation because the opposition doesn't rest. Sending an email or two every other year isn't enough to keep what we have. Sportsmen spend thousands of dollars and countless hours hunting and fishing but often don't do jack shit when it comes to conservation and being a voice for sportsmen. Bitching on NDA may be cathartic but it's far from effective when it comes to directing state policy.

This isn't directed at you personally, ndlongshot, but rather as a general statement to the majority of sportsmen in ND.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! When was the last time a new WPA or state game area was created? Time for sportsman to start watching out for themselves since the farm lobby could care less. They see us as a thorn in their side. Let me be clear, the frustration isnt with landowners here....its with the loud farm groups. Farm Bureau, Farmers Union, Corn Growers, Grain Growers, Soybean Growers..and now STOCKMANS. They all have a group!!! What do hunters have?!

2014 for Coal Lake WMA. 2016 for Raab WMA (not sure if it’s open yet).[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately that is not enough and for the record these farm groups are against projects like this. They are even against private landowners being able to choose whether to voluntarily sign up for long term conservation easements on their land. They want to dictate how landowners interact with non profit groups, but cannot be told they have to post their own land?

- - - Updated - - -

"Stupidity", "biggest exaggerations", "straight up lie"...

This is the language that get's thrown at me for throwing out a different idea. If you haven't noticed, I don't want 2315 as I think it is a junk bill. I want legislation that is clear and doesn't cost the state a bunch of money.

I don't think people want to admit just how poorly the CURRENT system is working. Plenty of landowners are pissed because they have to post their land every year. Sportsmen are frustrated because that CRP they used to shoot sharpies in is now a soybean field with metal no trespassing signs in every corner. I think the internet and social media has made either of those claims nearly irrefutable.

It really stinks that getting access to some private land is more difficult than you'd like. Not to go all Nostradamus on you, but it isn't going to get easier and the question becomes, what are you going to do about it? Is what you are doing and fighting for at this moment the key to protecting the hunting heritage in our state?

That language was thrown at you because of a false claim of yours that it is easy to look up phone number to call people for permission. I’m not 100% against this app, but I want to be sure it is going to work before making it LAW! I have thrown out many ideas on this forum and your solution is to just deal with it.

Yes there is less access than their used to be but there is still a ton of open land to hunt in ND. I can still enjoy every type of hunting with no problems finding land. I may have to navigate around posted land but that is their right to keep me off. I ask permission when I need to IF I can find their contact information otherwise I stick to unposted land and plots.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got an email forwarded several times from Darrell Belislie, the North Dakota Bowhunters President. He is 100% in favor of SB 2315.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hunters have many groups! RMEF, MDF, DU, Delta, Pheasants Forever, BHA, NWF, many local sportsmen and wildlife clubs, etc.

The problem is most sportsman aren't actively involved. These orgs are then accused or labeled as not representing "Real Sportsmen" by the various ag groups in the state. The debate on this bill is far from over but if the sportsmen in North Dakota don't start getting involved and paying attention 365 days a year, there will be more of this type of legislation because the opposition doesn't rest. Sending an email or two every other year isn't enough to keep what we have. Sportsmen spend thousands of dollars and countless hours hunting and fishing but often don't do jack shit when it comes to conservation and being a voice for sportsmen. Bitching on NDA may be cathartic but it's far from effective when it comes to directing state policy.

This isn't directed at you personally, ndlongshot, but rather as a general statement to the majority of sportsmen in ND.
The farm bureau hates each of those conservation orgs and if they could they would gladly ban them from operating in ND.

- - - Updated - - -

there is this 22000 acre ranch this spring added to plots not a wpa or state game area but is an answer to your question kind of

https://muledeer.org/mule-deer-foundation-spearheads-plots-addition/
I don’t believe the farm bureau supported this project or put up any money to make it happen granted I can’t think of anytime they have advocated for a project like this. This is why we need to support conservation orgs like MDF.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perhaps its time to repeal the farm residency exemption for property taxes as well. Wonder what the NDFB stance is on that.

Why stop there lets make them pay full sales tax on all purchases just like every other citizen or for profit business does.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m aware MM. You asked a question, I provided an answer.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The farm bureau hates each of those conservation orgs and if they could they would gladly ban them from operating in ND.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t believe the farm bureau supported this project or put up any money to make it happen granted I can’t think of anytime they have advocated for a project like this. This is why we need to support conservation orgs like MDF.

I wasnt making a point one way or another just answering a question. Just sitting back and watching this all play out. Other than fucking up our deer draw it is boring down here.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got an email forwarded several times from Darrell Belislie, the North Dakota Bowhunters President. He is 100% in favor of SB 2315.

snakes in the grass how many are in the .orgs taking $ while no lubing fellow sportsman?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, in the space of a couple pages, the backlash has already started like this thing is a reality. Instead of grabbing the pitchforks and torches and marching off to kill the beast. How about emailing your house reps to urge them to vote NO on SB2315. If it dies in the house, it's just as dead as if it would have died in the senate. It's not over, til it's over. Direct your energy toward the house instead of ag/landowners/proponents of the crap bill and keep up the fight.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member

Rereading it, I am not sure where he stands on this. It was a 'we will keep track of this as it progresses'... Don't mind me, just losing my sh** about this

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why stop there lets make them pay full sales tax on all purchases just like every other citizen or for profit business does.

Yep, it's time to ween them off the government teet. Might as well go after the anti-corporate farming law too. Allow conservation groups to buy farm land too.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m aware MM. You asked a question, I provided an answer.
I think someone else asked but I also wasn’t jumping on you to say you are wrong . The Coal Lake WMA is kind of a thorn in my side because of how that project was announced. Dalrymple annouced this project as an alternative to measure 5 to show that measure 5 is not needed because the state is already working on enough projects for sportsmen. Long story short a couple state game management areas added over the last few years is not enough. I don’t think measure 5 was perfect but at least it was something that would support more conservation in ND.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, in the space of a couple pages, the backlash has already started like this thing is a reality. Instead of grabbing the pitchforks and torches and marching off to kill the beast. How about emailing your house reps to urge them to vote NO on SB2315. If it dies in the house, it's just as dead as if it would have died in the senate. It's not over, til it's over. Direct your energy toward the house instead of ag/landowners/proponents of the crap bill and keep up the fight.
Don’t worry the fight isn’t over and has just begun. Sportsmen that have been on the couch so far will now be more inclined to get involved in this issue. The thing is this database is not good enough for the landowner groups and they still want everything to be automatically posted. Whether this database works or not they will continue to push make make the whole state no trespass. That would be a disaster for ND.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even if most of my relatives farm I can't support landowners if it's a one way street. They complained on the radio today about the expense. I'm sick of my expense April 15 that they get their greedy hands on.

I hope they do read these forms because I didn't contact Wanzec from district 29 for his opinion, I contacted his aggogant ass to give him my opinion. I voted for him in the past, but I'll vote for someone else next time even if the are a striped hermaphrodite illegally from Mars.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Even if most of my relatives farm I can't support landowners if it's a one way street. They complained on the radio today about the expense. I'm sick of my expense April 15 that they get their greedy hands on.

I hope they do read these forms because I didn't contact Wanzec from district 29 for his opinion, I contacted his aggogant ass to give him my opinion. I voted for him in the past, but I'll vote for someone else next time even if the are a striped hermaphrodite illegally from Mars.

;:;rofl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93