The "NEW" SB 2315 - Pucker Up Buttercup!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why have we not seen anything in the news about this lately? This has a major impact on many in the state and the Fargo Forum has not had a whole lot on it, especially the newest iteration. Anyone well spoken enough to write something up for their opinion section? I've emailed state representatives but do not have the writing talent for a mass audience.

Because most newspapers lean liberal, and liberals are anti gun and anti hunting, so anything they can help pass, they will. By not drawing attention to this, it increases the chance it might slip through under the radar. Makes sense right?

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
If only the state had different trespass laws back when DAPL occurred, it wouldn't have been a problem.

North Dakota to sue feds over DAPL protest police costs

I still can't understand why the state doesn't sue the tribe for this fiasco. They are as much to blame for allowing the event to continue as the Corp.

Here's the response I received from my senator. At least she is listening:

Thanks for writing! I intend to vote against this bill because I have heard from MANY hunters like you who feel this would be detrimental to the sport of hunting.

I sympathize with the landowners and their concerns, but I just have too many hunters in my district who have asked me to vote “no.”

Thanks again for writing, and have a great day!

Nicole Poolman

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the state should sue anyone, it should be the federal govt who refused to enforce laws which directly allowed the protests to continue...

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the state should sue anyone, it should be the federal govt who refused to enforce laws which directly allowed the protests to continue...

Exactly, the COE have no problem ticketing folks who back the pickup up to the beach but full on illegal tresspassing they chickened out and caused a full fledged disaster. Any blame at the tribe should go to Chairman Archambault who lit the fire so to speak for his own benefit. A majority of tribal members there din't want anything to do with the nonsense.

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My most recent response:

There have not been any amendments added to the original bill yet but the Senate Ag Committee has been doing much work to address the issue. I think the final amendments will go a long way to protecting the land owner and giving hunters the land to hunt they need. What is being looked at is a phone app/data base that would classify how land owners want their land hunted and still provide the posting if desired.

Thanks.

Senator David A. Clemens
District 16

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
What is being looked at is a phone app/data base that would classify how land owners want their land hunted and still provide the posting if desired.

That is fairly vague. Does "posting" mean that landowners will need to post as usual, or post the land saying it is okay to hunt it?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What type of response are you getting? I talked to one, and he was VERY PRO for this bill.

Both responses I got were against the bill.

I would rather support a no trespass bill where everyone needs permission than the cluster we are going to have if this thing passes.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Same here, two response each each time I’ve sent emails (twice). In fairness, I only sent it the first email to my district reps/senators and the neighboring districts. The second was to the entire senate. 4 total responses, none in favor of the bill.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here, two response each each time I’ve sent emails (twice). In fairness, I only sent it the first email to my district reps/senators and the neighboring districts. The second was to the entire senate. 4 total responses, none in favor of the bill.
Someone should send out a letter to all the representatives making it sound like you're at least somewhat Pro this law just to see if you can bait in any of the bad voters to show us who they are.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Someone should send out a letter to all the representatives making it sound like you're at least somewhat Pro this law just to see if you can bait in any of the bad voters to show us who they are.

Davey,

Have you gotten any replies?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey,

Have you gotten any replies?

I posted a neutral email and I got one response . I posted it in the last topic we were posting on this topic

- - - Updated - - -

On hot issues/bills like this I'd say we are lucky to even get a response . I can only imagine the flood of emails that came their way just from this site alone and I'm guessing most were referring to the amended bill that hasn't been released yet .

Greetings , As a landowner and hunter I have been closely watching SB 2315 , I don't wish to take away opportunity for hunters but I also take my property rights serious and they are very important to me. I am reading on social media how bad this bill is for hunters but I am getting 2nd 3rd and 4th hand information if not more. I have a couple of questions if I may, If this were to pass Is NDGF automatically on board to be in charge of the database for people to list their land and include it in their plots book as well as maintain a website for open hunting land? Also are recording devices allowed in any committee meetings and or special meetings besides the floor sessions ? If so I am seeking advice for a source where I could possibly get permission to view. I feel the public is getting left out and we end up getting opinions verses information second hand on social media, Any information we get may or may not be spewed and flawed to meet that person's opinion or worse yet groups of people that twist the facts or give half truths to brainwash the public to meet their agenda . I'd just as soon make up my own mind with credible information. MN has thiers on Prairie Public tv. I feel the citizens of North Dakota have a right to a credible source of information to keep better informed during committee meetings, In today's world of social media there is no reason why it hasn't happened already. Thank you for your service and the live floor sessions but I think you can and should do a better job of keeping citizens informed with what goes on during committee meetings so we can at least keep each others honest and have civil discussions and discuss the facts rather than our opinions .

So…I am hearing that there are some amendments coming that may change the bill significantly but I am not sure what they are yet. As far as recording of the committee meetings…. They do an audio recording of committee meetings and take notes but the only way to hear or read them is to come to the capitol and ask. Two committees right now are having all their committee meetings recorded with the hope that all committees will have this done in the future. I am at times surprised at how paper dependent the process is here in Bismarck. I would have thought that more of it would be on-line but I think they are working towards that.

Senator JoNell A. Bakke

Last edited:

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am disappointed in those who supposedly represent district 29. I think I will call tomorrow and ask for a call back.
Even though I do not live in District 29 I did hear back from the District 29 senator, who was pro Senate Bill 2315 either the original wording or the current amended version, more so the latter.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
SB 2315 is in committee right now. Lots of new amendments as well. We'll see what comes of it. should have a final version for review by early tomorrow.

Keep your eye on the bill tracker today and through the weekend. The vote may be as soon as MONDAY!

Be ready to dig into the text and get the message out to your officials!

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
SB 2315 is in committee right now. Lots of new amendments as well. We'll see what comes of it. should have a final version for review by early tomorrow.

Keep your eye on the bill tracker today and through the weekend. The vote may be as soon as MONDAY!

Be ready to dig into the text and get the message out to your officials!

Thanks for all these updates. It boggles the mind how the legislative process can be manipulated like this amended-amended-amended bill with no public review before a committee vote and then a rush to the floor vote.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah great idea we'll make it a cell phone app since they only working about 50% of the area.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
It boggles the mind how the legislative process can be manipulated like this amended-amended-amended bill with no public review before a committee vote and then a rush to the floor vote.

This practice alone should raise everyone’s suspicions. They write an overly complicated bill...tell us it’s written in our best interests...that we should trust them as legislators who care about us...and that we will see how great it is once it’s passed in a rush after nobody can thoroughly read/research the language... Where have we heard this before and how has it worked out???

I believe they should scrap this bill and spend the next two years working with landowners and sportsmen to write a bill that has majority support of both groups and WILL ACTUALLY HELP ACHIEVE THE GOAL OF REDUCING TRESPASSING.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 85
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31