Those that carry

man in the box

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering what your thoughts are when carrying a pistol. Do you keep one in the chamber and keep the safety on, or keep the safety off and be prepared to chamber one quickly if needed? I haven't taken the CCP class yet, maybe it is discussed there. Just was curious is all.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
why carry when you have to spend the time to chamber a round? Reaction time should be the name of the game. Which is why you don't just practice throwing lead down range. You also practice removal and placement in a holster.

thorson

Founding Member
Founding Member
One in the chamber always. That is what I was taught at every firearms course (CC) I have been to.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have lived in nd my whole life and never carry a gun for protection, only for shooting or hunting.

- - - Updated - - -

As far a a concealed carry permit goes i dont have one and wont get one. The reason being is if times get that bad where i need to carry a gun, i dont want to be on that list of people with that permit.

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enslow, the problem with that logic is the way the laws are written, if you happen to have a shotgun or rifle in your vehicle and it happens to get covered (either inadvertently or on purpose) with clothing, you could have a felony on your record. All it takes is an over zealous law enforcement officer.

There is almost always a rifle or shotgun(or two) buried under a pile of clothing in my pickup all through hunting season.

man in the box

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enslow, the problem with that logic is the way the laws are written, if you happen to have a shotgun or rifle in your vehicle and it happens to get covered (either inadvertently or on purpose) with clothing, you could have a felony on your record. All it takes is an over zealous law enforcement officer.

There is almost always a rifle or shotgun(or two) buried under a pile of clothing in my pickup all through hunting season.

This...also, if I have a pistol in the vehicle, I'm not going to keep it on the dashboard so that it's not "concealed"

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Round in chamber at all times. I have XD subcompact and M&P full size. which one i carry depends on what i wear. Nether has a " Safety" as far as a button or a lever. XD has grib safety and trigger safety. M&P has trigger safety.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
when i carry, i carry hot. but, i still can't get over the eery feeling of it. for some reason, i feel like i have a grenade on me just waiting to explode. i know it will go away over time. but, it hasn't for me yet.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Round in chamber at all times. I have XD subcompact and M&P full size. which one i carry depends on what i wear. Nether has a " Safety" as far as a button or a lever. XD has grib safety and trigger safety. M&P has trigger safety.

I like the grip safety on my xdm 3.8, all the more safety a guy needs. Mine is always loaded.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the grip safety on my xdm 3.8, all the more safety a guy needs. Mine is always loaded.

I Agree no need for others. I ordered my M&P without thumb safety. I like it with just the trigger safety. I really like the M&P line. great pistols

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
My xdm is chambered in.45. I looked at a m&p shield 9mm the other day at gander very nice gun

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never carry a pencil in my front pocket, for fear of puncturing my scrotum.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I hear a ring - snap, I know my scrotum has broke another pencil

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
when i carry, i carry hot. but, i still can't get over the eery feeling of it. for some reason, i feel like i have a grenade on me just waiting to explode. i know it will go away over time. but, it hasn't for me yet.

If that feeling never goes away it will be a good thing. I was visiting a goof ball from GA that carried hot and first off he had no respect for guns and to top it off he was drinking whisky and had already had a few when out came his pocket gun. When he flashed it around the room full of family members like it was a squirt gun I scolded him . Then his wife told the story when he was using the bathroom someplace and his pocket pistol fell out and shot the toilet and flooded the place they were at.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
You has an opinion on this. Carry h oh tee tee HOT. Poo happens quickly.

BUTT - Here's my dilemma. Let's say you have a house full of little people, g19 inside the waistband and someone pancakes themselves against your leg, 'DADDY!'......... Yea, you don't like the sound of that either, would make you very nervous too. Kids looking straight up at a muzzle behind your clothing and there's one in the pipe. Bad juju brah.

bye bye g19!?!??!? (Blasphemy)

hello grip safety AND thumb safety?

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I carry a p938. It is a single action semi auto with a hammer. I always have one in the tube and safety off, but hammer is forward. I need to cock and go.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76