Top of the Morning!

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good morning, everyone!

I am on some other forums, and many of them have a 'good morning' thread, where we can roll call ourselves for the day, talk about what we did the day before, the past weekend, or what we have going on for the current day. I'm one of those guys that hopes like hell that places like this will continue so I am not left with only Facebook and the other 'big company' social media platforms. I enjoy the comradery of fellow outdoorsmen (the real ones).

So, I'll start. I got some fishing in over the weekend and enjoyed a little football with family on Sunday. Today I'm back to work. Thank goodness it might be the last day in the 90's for awhile. After work, I'll probably enjoy a fine beverage while I check deer cam pics.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin'! Harvested wheat all weekend. Sore, Stiff, and just about ready to head out the door to dump grain and get ready for more. Have a great day gents!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Built a fence and fenced off 10 acres of land that our new home will sit. If you're fishing Porcupine Islands, I'll be able to see you! Might take some binoculars. If the water comes back up the back end of the bay is only about 400 yards away.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sprayed weeds in the lawn, and flushed the shit tank on the fifth wheel prior to getting to my office.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kids had soccer Saturday. In between games I picked up my Eskimo Pistol Bit that I ordered and put the S33 on Bisman. Sunday we went fishing. We traveled on the dustiest road in ND on the way to the lake so I spent the evening washing the boat. Now it's back to the weekly grind.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Mornin'! Harvested wheat all weekend. Sore, Stiff, and just about ready to head out the door to dump grain and get ready for more. Have a great day gents!
How is the wheat running down there? Had a neighbor farmer tell me his ran the best it ever has, this year.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Friend has 2500 acres of wheat which has run in the 80. Sold a bunch for 10 dollar a bushel. Said his direct cost is 400/acre. You do the numbers. Has another 2500 acres of various oil crops which he hopes to do better on. i believe for most, 2022 could be the best year ever for farming. db

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member

KDM you gotta get with the times, there's and easier way than to use a scythe

Yep, there may be easier ways, but all those easier ways take gas. What do you do when you can't get gas? I'll use the easier ways, but keep the scythe on hand.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is the wheat running down there? Had a neighbor farmer tell me his ran the best it ever has, this year.
average is about 60 bushel an acre, but the protein sucks. Taking a 3 dollar hit on protein per bushel makes 70 bushel wheat about as useful as bandaids in a brush fire.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
average is about 60 bushel an acre, but the protein sucks. Taking a 3 dollar hit on protein per bushel makes 70 bushel wheat about as useful as bandaids in a brush fire.
It’s a heartbreaker to bring in good bushels, then get dinged. Still fun to watch the hopper auger bubble over, though.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every morning without a coat hanger inserted in your urethra is a good one. I imagine this would be unpleasant.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sunday morning....a plan and crappies come together....rare for me but it happened!

I'd say a good morning.....
20220911_190052.jpg

Attachments

20220911_190646.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Morning guys. I’m headed to work. Going to take a couple hours off around noon to go watch my oldest run x-country in Stanley.
Helping my brother pour concrete for his new shop after work.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin' Boys! Coffee in the cup, sun on the rise, and all is peaceful. Nice way to start the day. More harvesting today and hopefully the last of the wheat will hit the bin and we can take a break until beans. Stay Safe out there fellas!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75