Top of the Morning!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin' Guys! Well, one hog turned into 3 so I would have enough pork to fill the smoker. Yesterday was butchering hogs, today is cutting them up, applying spices, and firing up the smoke house. Along with some odds and ends while I'm at it. Good Eats. Be Safe Fellas!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning! I’m starting to think/plan for a Lake Winnipeg trip. My oldest has a x-country meet on Saturday, so fishing this weekend is a maybe/hopefully.
Looking forward to another day of work, followed by family.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin'! A crisp 25 this morning with a hard frost on the grass. I don't think mama's flowers made it though last night. We were below freezing at midnight. Seems winter is a chompin' at the bit to get here this year. Fall harvest continues with smoking pork today and butchering a few chickens along with finishing up the apples the neighbor let us pick. Might do a bit of yard cleanup in between all that as well. Stay warm and Safe out there guys.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good late morning! :D Homemade Apple Cider sounds really good. Apple trees seem pretty full and many people picking them. The fall sure is a good time to appreciate the gift to have the opportunity to hunt big game in North Dakota. Starting to get things ready for the big cow moose hunt opener on October 7th in M9. 🤞

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hadn't thought about it to be honest. What's the recipe? I might giver a whirl. I have some more on deck. Thanks!
Don't think there's much of a recipe, honestly. You need to grind/crush the apples, press them, and then I believe you store the juice with yeast to ferment it.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't think there's much of a recipe, honestly. You need to grind/crush the apples, press them, and then I believe you store the juice with yeast to ferment it.
With my luck it'll blow up and make a mess my wife won't ever let me forget. Might try it anyway. (Grin) Thanks!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning. Work then some more clean and organize around the house and garage. My kids car is in need of a battery, so will tackle that this evening or tomorrow.
Still hoping to get out fishing on Sunday.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
After watching the morning news about storm Ian in Florida those people could take a building lesson from the THREE PIGS. And get the hell out when the weatherman says too. LB

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Top of the morning! I'm dealing with a cold but still going to try to do some fishing today. Have a great one!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin'! Coffee's on. Sun's not quite over the ridge yet, but it's comin'. Early chores are done and it's cool and crisp out. Looks like the makings of a pretty good day. Have a great weekend all!!

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Morning all! What a great day to be alive. A chill in the morning air. Weather looks nice today. Now, to get some ambition rolling. Enjoy the day everyone!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
End of the week radiation treatments. Daughter flying in from Washington state for a visit should be a nice weekend to catchup and rest then one more week of neck radiation before I move on to next spot that showed up. LB

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'm a little late, but good day. I worked this morning, then did a grocery run. I don't know why, but I have always enjoyed grocery shopping. Going to do some garage organizing now.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pushed the vacuum around the house since the wife had surgery a week ago and is still pretty sore. We then took about a one-mile slow walk. Just returned from Menard's where I bought 4 gallons or RV antifreeze so I will probably winterize the 5th wheel in the next few days. Stopped at Captain Jacks and bought a box of beer and a couple of 1.75 liter bottles of Southern Comfort. It was marked down from about $31 to $23 so a good deal. We like SC in our Manhattans and I like to sip it on the rocks. So smooth and easy to sip too much! ...boozer...

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Just made some eggs and sausage for breakfast for the family. Going to finish watching the Vikings game then tinker in the garage with some football on in the background.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had my flue shot for old people on Friday and have not stayed to far from the bathroom for some reason. LB
The nurse/flu shot givers, were in the office on Friday. I opted to pass on it this year, as I have a feeling they are putting the covid juice in with it. I have lost trust in our government and the sneaky shit they are doing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75