Tracker Boats

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been looking at getting a new rig, and Tracker boats seem to be everywhere. They are priced generously imo. But, how is the quality? Anyone have one?

Anyone have a fiberglass Tracker in particular?

Thanks for any info

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fiberglass tracker= Nitro those dont look to bad but thats just looking at them. never been in one

Alum trackers- I looked at buying a new tracker last year when i was upgrading boats. I found their welds look very rough, Im sure they still are watertight but if im gonna pay that much i dont want the welds to look like a bird shit on my boat. I also found them lacking storage when comparing to other brands. The trolling motor and graph they come with are barely worth mentioning other than you have to remove the graph and ducer to install decent ones.
I ending up finding a 2004 Lund and Im much happier

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alum trackers- I looked at buying a new tracker last year when i was upgrading boats. I found their welds look very rough, Im sure they still are watertight but if im gonna pay that much i dont want the welds to look like a bird shit on my boat. I also found them lacking storage when comparing to other brands. The trolling motor and graph they come with are barely worth mentioning other than you have to remove the graph and ducer to install decent ones.
I ending up finding a 2004 Lund and Im much happier

Same thing for me last year. I did a lot of research into tracker and there were some (overall was it a large sample I couldn't tell) that had troubles with the welds leaking and tracker wouldnt say it was warranty work so pretty expensive fix. It was enough to steer me another direction.

I also also looked at the fiberglass which appeared to be good quality but were front heavy and didn't plane out well.

This is is only what I found in my research. I'm sure many people are happy with their tracker boats.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a few friends with them. They are nicely built boats. I would be very tempted if they had a 20 foot version with 300 capability.

I can explain a few more things in detail if you would like, but work has me leaving town any minute.

Last edited:

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
by tracker do you mean an older tracker or do you mean a new nitro? The new nitro is a totaly different rig then the old trackers.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
The new nitro is really nice. The older trackers are cheaply made.

Jake G

Founding Member
Founding Member
tracker boats.jpg
here's a tracker boat. Guy forgot to put his plug in and swamped it. A good boat would never completly sink like this. You definatley do get what you pay for!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
anybody that's not familiar with the history of tracker's issues should do a little searching on the net. I will make you sick. So after major issues with their tracker fiberglass line, they are now marketing it under Nitro because they know they would sell very few with a tracker badge on it. The new Nitro's look great but no way in hell would I stick 60K plus into a boat with trackers history, especially their warranty. That would be plain stupid. Why reward that company for crapping on boat owners.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
The new Nitros are bad @ss. I have been in 4 different ones and anyone that is in the market and not seriously looking at one is missing the boat. I am not the type of person that mouths off about stuff that I don't particularly care for. I see the good and bad in things and can honestly give my opinion on them.

They are nice well built boats.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not impressed with tracker. Look down the sides of one, then look at a Lund, crest liner, or alumacraft. You can see the quality differences. Trackers are wavy, the rest are nice and smooth. Also if you get bored do a search on tracker boat issues. It's a blast and tracker doesn't seem to stand behind their product.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Johhny bought ranger and now u have ranger and tracker under one owner i do believe that tracker has made great strides. I also believe boeing caused all the tundra issues. Imo lumd is the biggest ripoff of them alll. Google rotton transom and see the dates on them hell of alot newer dates then tracker. Typical babnyboomer move cheapen a brand that was built by your fathers age and raise thebprice so high and then have low quality. Babyboomer 101.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
They had a ton of issues with the Tundras. I have a 02 Targa 17. The boat handles rough water as well as anything else. Carpet is finally stsrting to go in spots, have had a couple switches go bad, replaced a livewell drain, replaced a pedestal. Have had issues with side storage covers. I bought it as a fishing boat on a budget and it has served me well. Would I buy another? Maybe. I like the fit and trim of other brands a little more.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
RangerNation81 needs to weigh in on this. He had a 2014 Tracker V18 Targa WT

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The new Nitros are bad @ss. I have been in 4 different ones and anyone that is in the market and not seriously looking at one is missing the boat. I am not the type of person that mouths off about stuff that I don't particularly care for. I see the good and bad in things and can honestly give my opinion on them

they do look awesome and are laid out great. but beauty is usually skin deep. trackers history alone should stop anybody from buying one. what was it sarah palin said about a pig?

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an 1850 ranger reata and if I get another fiberglass it will be the 21ft ranger... but I've been looking at the kingfisher aluminum boats recently because ranger has no intention to put the new 350 Verado on one of their boats from what the ranger dealer told me

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I should sell the 1991 tracker 16.5 ft deep v with 60 HP I just bought and stick with my 1979 Mr pike with 50 HP? Ive had it two months. But it hasn't seen the water yet cause I can't find time to move my equipment from one to the other.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an 06 Tracker Targa 17ft. It's been a great boat. Other than some design short-sightedness on the center rod locker (can't even get a 6ft rod in there -- I mean seriously, what's supposed to go in there, ice fishing rods?) I'm really pleased with it. Yes, there are other brands that have a bit more polished finish to them, but in general, they seem to be a good solid boat at a good price.

IMO if you're looking for fiberglass, it begins and ends with Ranger.

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a 2014 targa 18!! I agree with a lot of the comments!! For a guy on a budget and family the boat will fit the bill as long as the boat isn't pushed hard!! After a few rough days on the west end some things started to come apart! The windshield come undone, the screws that hold the seat onto the pedestal started falling out, the latches for the side rod lockers came loose. After about a month the livewells wouldn't circulate and would over flow to the point where my life jackets were floating in the floor storage! On the flip side the boat handles nice and will go for days on a tank of fuel! I never had to deal with trackers warranty so can't speak on that! Over all I probably would never buy a tracker aluminum boat again!! Hell the boat didn't even come with a spare tire or a cover!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 336
  • This month: 231
  • This month: 194
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 73