Well this is going to get interesting

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting.... A pro-pipeline freshman ND Dem senator visits Trump and the next day the easement is denied.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i wonder how big of an excavator it will take to dig out boat ramps, level fish cleaning stations, parks, and roads along the river all through nd???

i wonder how much the res fishing licenses will be???

how big do they make gill nets???

how long a drive is it from mille lacs to bismarck???

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually no they don't it was never officially issued to them. The hard copy was never handed over and apparently that is required to do the work.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be easy because people who follow the law are easy to stop.
I think that was just rumor. Just like the rumor that it was supposed to cross at Bismarck but "white" people got it moved. That has proven to be false also. You don't build a multi billion dollar pipeline and then not worry about the actual "hard copy" on the last three miles that are the most potentially dangerous lol

- - - Updated - - -

So did heidi get something offered to her in her visit to Trump tower with the Naked Cowboy?

Does she realize after this bullshit she may not be able to get re elected after the backlash against somopne these protesters would support?

U.S. Senator Heidi Heitkamp today issued the following statement after the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers denied the easement for the Dakota Access pipeline to go under Lake Oahe.
“It’s long past time that a decision is made on the easement going under Lake Oahe. This administration’s delay in taking action -- after I’ve pushed the White House, Army Corps, and other federal agencies for months to make a decision -- means that today’s move doesn’t actually bring finality to the project. The pipeline still remains in limbo. The incoming administration already stated its support for the project and the courts have already stated twice that it appeared the Corps followed the required process in considering the permit. For the next month and a half, nothing about this project will change. For the immediate future, the safety of residents, protesters, law enforcement, and workers remains my top priority as it should for everyone involved. As some of the protesters have become increasingly violent and unlawful, and as North Dakota’s winter has already arrived – with a blizzard raging last week through the area where protesters are located -- I’m hoping now that protesters will act responsibly to avoid endangering their health and safety, and move off of the Corps land north of the Cannonball River.”
“Additionally, our federal delegation and governor have been working together in a bipartisan effort to push for more federal resources for law enforcement who have worked day and night through weekends and holidays to support the safety of our communities. The administration needs to provide those funds – whether the protesters remain or not.”
I think Heidi was just told to cool her people down because it was going through Jan21st anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly enough about half the articles I see say the Corps is blocking the route while the other half including CNN are saying "will be rerouted".
well I'll just say this. CNN is wrong more than the weatherman

- - - Updated - - -

You sound like you don't think there are double standards in politics. Everyone knows it doesn't matter what the last one was/is doing. Do we have to listen to at least 4 years of "but it's all Obama's fault!" The libs got their moneys worth out of Bush is to blame why not some payback I guess. The basic fact is it doesn't matter who did what, especially to the left, they point, scream, and cry every chance they get and they surely will this time.

If this is is indeed a legally binding contract which the Corps says it isn't they better sue the hell out of them and I hope they win. If it is decided that it isn't a legally binding contract they very well could sue the state for pushing through a permit that must not have been legit or else there wouldn't and couldn't be a problem with it being binding. Heads need to roll somewhere on this one and it's either going to be with ETP or someone working on the taxpayer dime.
He can do it based on the Corp issuing the permit to begin with. And Trump don't give a shit anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

They won't be rerouting it since if 72 miles is too close to a water intake then there is nowhere else to put one. Plus at this point disturbing of sacred sites can't be used now that all the pipe and dirt work that might have caused problem is already in and complete. What I'm wondering is is there a reason it has to be put in from west to east? You would think it wouldn't matter and they would be smart to but the drill pad on the east side.

- - - Updated - - -

What would state permits have to do with anything because they have no impact on the Corp permit. That would be like having your house remodeled and suing the electrician because the plumber didn't fulfill his contract.
I personally think they've been drilling from the east in a location not visible. The west location was put there as a decoy. That's just my gut feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

I've said this before and it bares repeating. The only way the squatters are leaving is when the residents of ND force them out. Not law enforcement, the residents.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's great is how they're turning on Heidtkamp. I wonder if they remember that they are the ones who voted her in.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think she went to Trump Tower to get T's view on what was going to happen - he told her it's going in.

So she decided to immediately side with the future powers that be - and she threw in a little "I've been on these people since the beginning to get this done" talk in her announcement to curry favor with ND voters.

She's a smart political animal IMO - she's been pretty pragmatic for a Dem.

Or am I wrong and she had been publicly supportive of making DAPL happen before this announcement?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two take aways i have from this weekend trip to Bismark. It sucks ass taking 83 as it adds an hour and half to over all trip. Also bismark snow removal in parking lots is about as bad as it can get would be better to do nothing. I did see a prius with new york license plates stuck in one of the gaping canyons in the menards parking lot with a couple hippys in it. Wife asked if i was going to help them kid chimed in from the back seat " we dont help hippys mom" guess i need to watch what i say around him even though he was right.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two take aways i have from this weekend trip to Bismark. It sucks ass taking 83 as it adds an hour and half to over all trip. Also bismark snow removal in parking lots is about as bad as it can get would be better to do nothing. I did see a prius with new york license plates stuck in one of the gaping canyons in the menards parking lot with a couple hippys in it. Wife asked if i was going to help them kid chimed in from the back seat " we dont help hippys mom" guess i need to watch what i say around him even though he was right.

I formally nominate kurtr for NDA father of the year. :;:thumbsup

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
She's been quieter than Dalrymple.

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Figured maybe I had missed her previous statements.

I am good at missing what is intuitively obvious to the casual observer - like the obviousness of the Corp's easement denial long before it happened.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Figured maybe I had missed her previous statements.

I am good at missing what is intuitively obvious to the casual observer - like the obviousness of the Corp's easement denial long before it happened.

So am I. Where was that ever discussed?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So is the camp full of dildos going to pack up, clean up, and get the hell out of my state now?

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that is what is hoped for, that the dildos go home and leave the camps, I predict they stay though, the dildos won the battle, not the war. Trump is coming, there will be a lull in the action, but I sense the dildos know its not over and will stay entrenched.

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
So is the camp full of dildos going to pack up, clean up, and get the hell out of my state now?

The only one I heard say anything about people going home "to spend the winter with their families" was Archambault. Damn I wish I could just go spend the winter doing something. Anyway most I've heard is people being encouraged to say. I really want to tell anyone not there who tells other that are to stay "for the cause" to get their ass down there with them or shut the hell up. Gunna be pretty miserable down there starting tomorrow.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I think she went to Trump Tower to get T's view on what was going to happen - he told her it's going in.

So she decided to immediately side with the future powers that be - and she threw in a little "I've been on these people since the beginning to get this done" talk in her announcement to curry favor with ND voters.

She's a smart political animal IMO - she's been pretty pragmatic for a Dem.

Or am I wrong and she had been publicly supportive of making DAPL happen before this announcement?

Heidi now made a statement saying this protest against the DAPL is "unwinnable" she claims it is going in and they should instead focus on things they can impact of reservations impacting the families living there.

Hopefully she got a little scolding while in Trump Tower and is trying to brace those protesters for what is to come. I wonder if she was promised support for funding for some of those pet projects as a salve to put on after the pipeline goes thru?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gunna be pretty miserable down there starting tomorrow.
Good, I hope they stay until we get -20 with 50mph winds. A few very miserable days that scares the crap out of them is what they deserve. Nice good North Dakota white out where no one can go rescue their dumb ass.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 78
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14