Well this is going to get interesting

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha just heard from my Niece who is an RN on the Rez in SD, said there is an outbreak of Lice and Scabies going on at prairie Knights now.;:;rofl

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
eye, read Dean's post and check out the map.

Dean, I suspect the reason the grass is greener on top of the existing pipeline ROW is because when it gets reseeded they are using non-native grasses to the area. I would personally like to see native grasses and forbs put back in place, but that's just me.

I know when we reclaim pits we have to have certified seed with the right blend of native grasses in it. That stuff is expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha ha just heard from my Niece who is an RN on the Rez in SD, said there is an outbreak of Lice and Scabies going on at prairie Knights now.;:;rofl

to go along with the out break in gonorrhea sounds like a good time

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Climate engineering and the use of toxic chemical ice nucleation elements are the reason a record early season snow has just occurred in the exact region of the protests (named winter storm "Blanche"). If you don't believe snowstorms can be completely engineered, you have not done your research. Weather warfare has long since been a covert weapon of choice for the criminals that truly control our government. Is it just a coincidence that a record early season snowstorm also decimated the Occupy Wall Street protesters?

Someone really does need their ass kicked. Damn

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Splitting hairs here, but what the Corps has said all along is that they had been given "permission to write the easement" but had not yet done so. Basically, the permission to write the nuts and bolts of the easement got rescinded from above. There was never an easement in place, they simply had permission to write it.

- - - Updated - - -

Think of it as a purchase agreement for a home. The purchase agreement was in place, but the inspections and appraisals had not yet come in which would allow the finalizing of the actual purchase.
The judge sure seemed to believe they had an easement in hand when he told them to go ahead and drill

- - - Updated - - -

has been for quite awhile.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bed bugs at PKC? Really? My buddy brought home bed bugs from Disney World, was a disaster. He basically moved out of his house and had professional cleaners sterilize the place. Not cheap either.
Here is a good article by Cramer, I think he has nailed it.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/what-the-dakota-access-pipeline-is-really-about-1481071218

Says I must sign in, or pay to read the entire article? Who would pay to read the liberal WSJ?
they are part of the problem, but I kinda want to read the Cramer article.

buddyfishing226

Founding Member
Founding Member
bed bugs have been an issue at PKC for a while now. It certainly wasn't brought in by the protestors - they may have made it worse though.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out this map of the pipeline, pretty interesting how many rivers the pipe crosses, including the Missouri river west of Williston, along with the Little Missouri in the badlands. It even crosses the Mississippi. Why didn't the protesters try and block all those crossings? Surely leaks in those locations will contaminate sacred waters! Or am I wrong?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/23/us/dakota-access-pipeline-protest-map.html?_r=2

My favorite is when the hippies start going off about how Bismarck and Mandan would never let the pipeline be put in upstream from our white towns. at that point I bring up the line "you know Bismark and Mandan are built on not one river but two right! and gee look there the pipeline crosses the Hart 20 or so miles upstream stream of Mandan and no one ever bitches so try again.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Says I must sign in, or pay to read the entire article? Who would pay to read the liberal WSJ?
they are part of the problem, but I kinda want to read the Cramer article.

Weird, I am not subscribed to the WSJ and it comes up on for me. My PC must have sacred super protester powers... here is a copy/paste of the article by Cramer, sorry for the long post:
What the Dakota Access Pipeline Is Really About

The standoff isn’t about tribal rights or water, but a White House that ignores the rule of law.

By

Kevin Cramer Dec. 6, 2016 7:40 p.m. ET

A little more than two weeks ago, during a confrontation between protesters and law enforcement, an improvised explosive device was detonated on a public bridge in southern North Dakota. That was simply the latest manifestation of the "prayerful" and "peaceful" protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline.

Escalating tensions were temporarily defused Sunday when the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, at the direction of the Obama administration, announced it would refuse to grant the final permit needed to complete the $3.8 billion project. The pipeline, which runs nearly 1,200 miles from the Bakken Shale in North Dakota to Illinois, is nearly complete except for a small section where it needs to pass under the Missouri River. Denying the permit for that construction only punts the issue to next month—to a new president who won’t thumb his nose at the rule of law.

Like many North Dakotans, I’ve had to endure preaching about the pipeline from the press, environmental activists, musicians and politicians in other states. More often than not, these sermons are informed by little more than a Facebook post. At the risk of spoiling the protesters’ narrative, I’d like to bring us back to ground truth.

• This isn’t about tribal rights or protecting cultural resources.
The pipeline does not cross any land owned by the Standing Rock Sioux. The land under discussion belongs to private owners and the federal government. To suggest that the Standing Rock tribe has the legal ability to block the pipeline is to turn America’s property rights upside down.

• Two federal courts have rejected claims that the tribe wasn’t consulted.
The project’s developer and the Army Corps made dozens of overtures to the Standing Rock Sioux over more than two years. Often these attempts were ignored or rejected, with the message that the tribe would only accept termination of the project.

• Other tribes and parties did participate in the process.
More than 50 tribes were consulted, and their concerns resulted in 140 adjustments to the pipeline’s route. The project’s developer and the Army Corps were clearly concerned about protecting tribal artifacts and cultural sites. Any claim otherwise is unsupported by the record. The pipeline’s route was also studied—and ultimately supported—by the North Dakota Public Service Commission (on which I formerly served), the State Historic Preservation Office, and multiple independent archaeologists.

• This isn’t about water protection.
Years before the pipeline was announced, the tribe was working with the Bureau of Reclamation and the Army Corps to relocate its drinking-water intake. The new site sits roughly 70 miles downstream of where the pipeline is slated to cross the Missouri River. Notably, the new intake, according to the Bureau of Reclamation, will be 1.6 miles downstream of an elevated railroad bridge that carries tanker cars carrying crude oil.

Further, the pipeline will be installed about 100 feet below the riverbed. Automatic shut-off valves will be employed on either side of the river, and the pipeline will be constructed to exceed many federal safety requirements.

Other pipelines carrying oil, gas and refined products already cross the Missouri River at least a dozen times upstream of the tribe’s intake. The corridor where the Dakota Access Pipeline will run is directly adjacent to another pipeline, which carries natural gas under the riverbed, as well as an overhead electric transmission line. This site was chosen because it is largely a brownfield area that was disturbed long ago by previous infrastructure.

This isn’t about the climate. The oil that will be shipped through the pipeline is already being produced. But right now it is transported in more carbon-intensive ways, such as by railroad or long-haul tanker truck. So trying to thwart the pipeline to reduce greenhouse gas could have the opposite effect.

So what is the pipeline dispute really about? Political expediency in a White House that does not see itself as being bound by the rule of law. The Obama administration has decided to build a political legacy rather than lead the country. It is facilitating an illegal occupation that has grown wildly out of control. That the economy depends on a consistent and predictable permitting regime seems never to have crossed the president’s mind.

There is no doubt that Native American communities have historically suffered at the hands of the federal government. But to litigate that history on the back of a legally permitted river crossing is absurd. The Obama administration should enforce the law, release the easement and conclude this dangerous standoff.

Mr. Cramer, a Republican, represents North Dakota in the U.S. House. As a member of the North Dakota Public Service Commission (2003-12) he helped site the original Keystone Pipeline completed in 2010.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thank You Colt. Its nice to know that 2/3 of our team in DC is on the same page. I hope Cramer definitely has Mr. Trump's ear.

Fish On!
Build On!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.rt.com/usa/369416-north-dakota-crude-pipeline-shutdown/

5847307fc36188c05f8b460a.jpg

A crude oil transmission pipeline has been shut down in western North Dakota following a leak that spilled oil into a creek. The state’s health department said it has sent personnel to the site.
"A series of booms have been placed across the creek to prevent downstream migration and a siphon dam has been constructed four miles downstream of the release point," Bill Suess, spill investigation program manager for the North Dakota Department of health, said, according to Reuters.

The health agency said the spill was discovered on Monday and an unknown volume of oil leaked from the pipeline operated by Bell Fourche Pipeline Company into Ash Coulee Creek, 16 miles northwest of Belfield in Billings County. The leak is 200 miles away from protests taking place over the building of the Dakota Access Pipeline.
What is this all about do you think this was sabotage is this pipe above ground where it can be damaged not much information on the web

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member

This doesn't surprise me. Heard of two incidents in Mandan in which protesters used convenience store bathrooms to shave their heads because of the lice.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Note I am for the pipeline I just curious as to why this pipe ruptured at all

- - - Updated - - -

Dean, eye, migrator do you guys no what is going on

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 21
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 12