We're Sitting Ducks. Still.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Currently I just hope we get to January 21st with a president sworn in not named Ramrod or Bernie and we have no monkey business between the election and then from the current administration.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The first threat people will face is the liberals again. The ones that think they should have half of what you work for now. When food gets scarce they will think they should have half of yours. Your going to have to solve that problem. Perhaps that solution shouldn't be posted.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The first threat people will face is the liberals again. The ones that think they should have half of what you work for now. When food gets scarce they will think they should have half of yours. Your going to have to solve that problem. Perhaps that solution shouldn't be posted.

When a person feels backed into a corner with no way out, they're going to become a completely different person. Most will act like children and have a meltdown. Their sociopolitical leanings have little bearing at that point. I have a lot of experience dealing with this. Just because someone has the same campaign sign in their yard that you have doesn't mean they're to be relied on or trusted when their world comes crashing down.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most libholes will die in short order. They will be waiting for the gooberment to save them.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Instead of everyone for themselves attitude, how bout everybody grab a shovel and let's start rebuilding this bitch?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cause only 40%will grab a shovel, the remaining 60% will be entitled to us doing the work

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have enough booze, and bottled beverages to last close to a month, freezers a plumb full, however the generator will only last for a couple days.

At least I could stay drunk while mrs johnr figures it out.

Having a couple bags of water softener salt on hand would make those freezer good last a lot longer, in a pinch... :;:stirthepot

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well what with cutting down on your life span and all that is probably true Lycan ! ��

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this would happen, it would definitely SUCK, but I think, and hope, I could be self surfactant enough to survive not only for me but my family. My only draw back would be ammo, definitely need to stock up on ammo!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this would happen, it would definitely SUCK, but I think, and hope, I could be self surfactant enough to survive not only for me but my family. My only draw back would be ammo, definitely need to stock up on ammo!

You're worried about ammo over clean defensible water?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would miss TP a lot too. Not sure how to make paper, nails for making selter, or a knife, or really anything that might prolong survival. How about a fish hook when you snag your last one, or gun powder when you run out....
Don't kid yourself guys, most, like 99% of the population would be out in 6 months

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would miss TP a lot too. Not sure how to make paper, nails for making selter, or a knife, or really anything that might prolong survival. How about a fish hook when you snag your last one, or gun powder when you run out....
Don't kid yourself guys, most, like 99% of the population would be out in 6 months
Oh I agree. We really take things for granted. Heat in the winter is a big one. Anyone have any idea how much wood it would take to heat just one house over the winter? Now North Dakota doesn't have a huge population to begin with but one thing we have a major shortage of is trees. Food on the shelves in your local grocery store would be gone in just a few days. Oh, thats right, your gonna live off the land.......riiight.

I really think the only way you could survive a total breakdown of society situation would be if you banded together with others. Living in a small town in a situation like this would be a huge advantage being most are related and know others in one way or another. Lots are farmers and ranchers. The last place I would want to be is in the city. North Dakota cities may not be that bad but then again who knows. I would like to think the bad seeds would be weeded out by the locals.

I hope to never see something like this but have a strange feeling my kids are gonna be living in some bad times. We are truly living in times of plenty and I think that is only gonna make things that much worse for those who do see something like this happen. Kids nowdays have no idea what it is like to live without. Ishta.

- - - Updated - - -

I know shorthairs thinks the boomers are bad, I'd hate to hear what our kids will have to say about our generation. Another ishta.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

Johnr you have a lot of flint in your area. Learn conchoidal fracture technique and make your own knives and arrowheads. :)

NJL

Founding Member
Founding Member
My grandparents used wood to heat their home. We'd spend a lot of the summer looking for dead and or dying trees to cut up & split. Then we'd stack it on old cement pads from long gone grain bins to age & dry. In the fall we'd haul enough wood to fill the cellar attached to their basement, something like 8-9 cords i think. Usually that'd be enough to last all winter, but if it were colder than average or longer we'd have to go haul more. That being said, without electricity to run the blower fans, you probably couldn't heat an entire house very well.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last place I would want to be is in the city. North Dakota cities may not be that bad but then again who knows. I would like to think the bad seeds would be weeded out by the locals.

The bad seeds are the ones who would most quickly transition to grabbing whatever they thought that they needed by any means necessary. Think of the term "Warlord" then imagine what it takes to earn that moniker, Bad Seed is a good start.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14