We're Sitting Ducks. Still.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe a dumb ? How much ammo should one have?:;:huh

Depends. If you're someplace you think you'll be able to hunker down and defend your ammo (and other supplies) hoard or think you can reasonably safely stash it then there's no such thing as too much. If you're going to have to move, than anything more than you can carry is wasted unless you're able to trade it for something before you leave it behind. If you think that 22r ammo is scarce and valuable right now...........

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends. If you're someplace you think you'll be able to hunker down and defend your ammo (and other supplies) hoard or think you can reasonably safely stash it then there's no such thing as too much. If you're going to have to move, than anything more than you can carry is wasted unless you're able to trade it for something before you leave it behind. If you think that 22r ammo is scarce and valuable right now...........

Id venture to argue that youd be better off with good equipment, including at least one sniper style rifle 308 and a few AR's 223 than a ton of ammo. You can always take ammo if you need it, from others.... Id say once the hunker down phase passes, mobility would be a key factor to survival. Mad Max style boooooyz.

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't read "one second after", but I have watched "the road". That left a sick feeling in my gut... cannabalism, gangs raping everybody, the dad shows his son how to commit suicide,etc.one of the most grim things I've seen. But it was a good movie. In a situation like that I think a suppressor would be nice to have

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your biggest concern then becomes keeping your "horsepower" from becoming some short-sighted fool's dinner. As well as heat, you're still in ND, and there's still not many trees to burn.

We many not have many trees, but weve got enough coal to last a LONG time...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
We many not have many trees, but weve got enough coal to last a LONG time...

That only works if you live close enough to walk over and grab a few lumps. If electricity is down, so is all transportation. A Radio Flyer full of coal won't last all winter and the coal mines are all a LONG walk from Bismarck. You MIGHT be able to get it freighted down the river, but lord only knows at what price.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id venture to argue that youd be better off with good equipment, including at least one sniper style rifle 308 and a few AR's 223 than a ton of ammo. You can always take ammo if you need it, from others.... Id say once the hunker down phase passes, mobility would be a key factor to survival. Mad Max style boooooyz.

I cant imagine ones life expectancy being to long with that train of thought.

Definately buy a couple good guns. Than as much ammo as you see fit. The thing about having a lot of ammo is you could use it to trade for food, water, just about anything really and of course use it for self defense. And even if the crap doesn't hit the fan there will always be shortages in the future as long as there are libholes around and they seem to be growing in numbers by the second.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing that is a bit confusing about power grids and EMPs is I don't see how the whole US could be effected by one. I could see a city or two but not the whole country. Now the dollar collapse would effect the entire country and world and open doors to a cashless society which I think we are headed for. Enter in the end of days......but thats all just make-believe.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Crankn
Maybe a dumb ? How much ammo should one have?:;:huh

there are libholes around and they seem to be growing in numbers by the second.

Is there a correlation between those two statements? :;:stirthepot

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
That only works if you live close enough to walk over and grab a few lumps. If electricity is down, so is all transportation. A Radio Flyer full of coal won't last all winter and the coal mines are all a LONG walk from Bismarck. You MIGHT be able to get it freighted down the river, but lord only knows at what price.

Battery powered ATV DUH, run it off of wind.... It is windy here, isnt it?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now the dollar collapse would effect the entire country and world and open doors to a cashless society which I think we are headed for. Enter in the end of days......but thats all just make-believe.

Pretty hard to buy drugs, hookers, and other contriband that a person doesn't want anyone to know about without cash. With the politicians we currently have.....I don't see going cashless happening any time soon.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty hard to buy drugs, hookers, and other contriband that a person doesn't want anyone to know about without cash. With the politicians we currently have.....I don't see going cashless happening any time soon.

But Bernie says all that stuff should be free

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

They'll be stuffing g-strings with bullion, ammo, and antibiotics.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 41
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14