We're Sitting Ducks. Still.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watch the first 5 minutes and you'll watch the whole thing. This guy is no kook. He's basically the national expert on the issue of EMP attacks. It could happen any day now and we have no protection in place. Could wipe out electricity for the entire country for years, kill most of the population. This isn't even political (well, there's a smidge.)

https://www.levintv.com/videos/levintv-episode-15--emp-attack-could-kill-90-percent-of-us-population

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not too difficult to pull off either, we used jamming technology to disarm IED's in the sandbox an EMP would have been nice to set off over there but they don't discrimnate and would have wiped our electronics out. The military has been testing them for a long time.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad you posted that , I have been telling our kids for years to get stocked up because if the power ever goes off we are screwed but I don't think it has fully sunk in yet. The only safe bet will be to head for the hills. Being prepared isn't just something that crazy people think about.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
One Second After. If you don't know what that means, look it up.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
One Second After. If you don't know what that means, look it up.

I just watched the trailer, Not sure I dare watch the movie Haha, I had a weird nightmare about this and the bad guys crashed a plane on the big hill behind my house while trying to get to Canadian border, they were digging through my junk cars and my scrap iron and I was shooting . It was a big plane and there were many survivors. Haha When I dream I get my money's worth, Bad thing is once you have a nightmare you can't forget it.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been thinking this could happen ever since I read one second after. The way things are going world wide wth N. Korea and Iran or it could come from within. God help us all if this should happen.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
life without electricity would suck but I don't think I would die.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's your plan for sustainable clean water that's also defensible?

...especially now that city sewage is back flowing into the rivers and you can't get water on tap.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think a lot of us think we are some great white(not trying to be racist) outdoorsmen that will live off the land. I say go out there and try it for just one week. If you make it a week try a month. It's not gonna happen. Indigenous people have a life span of something like 37 years before whites(again not trying to be racist) arrived. A simple cut can turn infectious and kill you in weeks. The biggest threat is people will become some nasty mother f-ers when hungry. No electricity means no police force, no heat in the winter ,no running water. With no one to police the people it would turn ugly real quick IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure 90% of today's youth would lay down and die because their phones didn't work.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What? My iphone won't work?????

w3T3D7jR2k-10.png

Last edited:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
IF (big if depending on where we are and what time it is when it were to happen), I could get my family back to my home, we'd be ok for about two weeks or so sheltering in place. After that, would probably have to travel to a better location.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
IF (big if depending on where we are and what time it is when it were to happen), I could get my family back to my home, we'd be ok for about two weeks or so sheltering in place. After that, would probably have to travel to a better location.

Are you meelosh?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Advertising preparedness is not a good idea as all the unprepared will be at the door step looking to get in.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 39
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12