What are you SHTF plans?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
With things more unstable in regards to a certain nuclear super power than they have been for decades, are you planning for escape or shelter in the event of an EVENT?

Say we get 1 hour warning before a full nuclear attack, how would people react? Would you try to save yourself and your loved ones or would you watch the end on CNN?

If you want to survive with a few close family members, what plan would give the best chance for survival? Are you ready to go? What would you take along as far as supplies?

cache.php

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is nowhere to go. There is no way to survive. If your one of them billionaires that has an underground bunker you sure can prolong the inevitable though. Even those people won't make it once they run out of supplies.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who the hell would want to survive it anyway?

I’d grab the family and my shotgun and go shoot some birds during my last few hours. Probably have some of my secret spots back to myself again finally!

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
First get a log of copenhagen . Then i would do some dog training after that see what happens. what ifs are fun

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
-------------------possibly helpful information------------------------
In an emergency, if no more KI tablets available, you can topically (on the skin) apply an iodine solution, like tincture of iodine or Betadine, for a similar protective effect
(WARNING: Iodine is NEVER to be ingested or swallowed and is poison to drink). For adults, paint 8 ml of a 2 percent tincture of Iodine on the abdomen or forearm each day, ideally at least 2 hours prior to initial exposure. For children 3 to 18, but under 150 pounds, only half that amount painted on daily, or 4 ml. For children under 3 but older than a month, half again, or 2 ml. For newborns to 1 month old, half it again, or just 1 ml (one measuring teaspoon is about 5 ml, if you don’t have a medicine dropper graduated in ml). If your iodine solution is stronger than 2%, reduce the dosage accordingly. Absorption through the skin is not as exact a dosing method as using the tablets, but tests show that it will still be very effective for most. Do not use if allergic to iodine. There are also a few other medical conditions and medications that are contraindicated that your physician can best advise you about.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First get a log of copenhagen ....

Agreed. Only a can would be just fine for me as I'm pretty sure I couldn't chew all of that in an hour.

Grab a case of beer, a fat medium rare ribeye, lawn chairs and watch the fireworks.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed. Only a can would be just fine for me as I'm pretty sure I couldn't chew all of that in an hour.

Grab a case of beer, a fat medium rare ribeye, lawn chairs and watch the fireworks.

hell ya cook a wagyu steak smoke a fat cigar with a chew washing it down with some scotch

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take a nap. Eat the last of my dark chocolate. Watch Columbo.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would tell that hot chick at the service station that I always thought you were a dude.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe finally eat the package of halibut cheeks in my freezer. Been waiting for a special occasion.

After that just sit outside waiting for my painless departure. Sounds like a pretty good deal actually. As far as I'm concerned, my whole family would be by my side in paradise. Watching the firework and going instantly sounds a lot better than watching my family struggle through nuclear famine.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the event of a nuclear attack I'd hope I'd die in the intial blast as I wouldn't want to die of radiation sickness.

In the event I would survive I wouldn't talk about my survival plans as I don't need to advertise to the looters what I do or don't have or where I'm going.

THinking about just an EMP attack that would destroy our electrical grid scares the shit out of me. Just thinking if that would happen when its -20 and the wind is blowing, how many would freeze to death. I'd imagine many of us would have a wood burner but how much wood could you cut once your chainsaw is out of fuel, or once you've exhausted all the close supplies of firewood how would you haul it without a vehicle.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well… I’m pretty sure SHTF will come to the US without a shot fired from either Russia or China. We’re doing a good job of doing that ourselves. They’ll just sit back and watch. Also us being where we are(ND) we will never see a nuke. One nuke to New York City would end life in the US as you know it. But for the sake of entertainment let’s say a nuke was gonna hit Bismarck in the next day I’d walk down the street to the hot twenty something blondes house and see if she wants to have a quick bang session before the lights go out.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd take my family in my arms, hug them tight to my chest and thank Heavenly Father for the privilege and blessing of the life He gave me. I'd say the Lords Prayer and put special emphasis on "Thy Will Be Done..." and do my best to help and comfort as many people as I could before my time was up.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll probably go full purge on meth heads. Why not?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't make for a very good story, but I'd try to make sure my kids get the best chance to survive. We'd head opposite the blast with gas, guns and ammo.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where would the targets be in ND? Minot, GF Air Base, and Fargo Air National Guard drone command?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I always figured the Garrison dam would be a good target If I was a crazy Putin type guy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 166
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 90