What are you SHTF plans?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stick my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye ;:;rofl

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is with all the end of the world, WW III shit?!? This has happened numerous times over my lifetime. Why do people have to freak out so much, conspiracy....end of the world. hahah. Awesome opportunity to make some money in the markets...dollar cost average people. If it is WW III then we're all fucked and who cares. ND with two AFB's is toast anyway.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
We used to be #3 in the world. What are we now. Whats left of old rusty missles left. Remember the days when u hunted a little to close to thd silo and the blue truck would show up.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Minot, Grand Forks, Fargo, and Garrison Dam all have bulls eyes painted on them. Take out the big dams and the water will do the rest all the way to the gulf. .02 LB

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always figured the Garrison dam would be a good target If I was a crazy Putin type guy.

I think he woukd take out Ft Peck. By the time it hit the gulf it woukd take out approximately 18 million people. It woukd also cut me off from Yellowstone where there woukd be no season and no limits.;:;rofl. Seriously though I'm more along agreeing with KDM.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spend the time with my family. Get right with God. His will be done.

I think a lot of people would eat a bullet - which is too bad.

Honestly, I spent some time thinking about this as a teen in the 80's, with Big Bad Russia looming on the horizon. I've read a lot about a nuclear war. I suspect it would be limited. Major cities, military bases, power grids would go down.

Nuclear winter is more about the dust/dirt/smoke blocking out the sun, than the earth being shift off its axis. It would be bad, but it would die down. That volcano in Iceland a few years ago, introduced more pollution than a limited nuclear war would. I don't think that nukes would be lights-out for the human race. I do think though, cyber-warfare would hamper our military more than we'd like to admit. Cyber-warfare, followed by conventional bombing, and then maybe nuclear bombing would likely be the route we'd see.

I just hope it's us sending it, and not receiving.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd probably go wait in line at Starbucks

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't tell you...it's a secret...

after-shtf-we-shall-loot-died-5-minutes-later.jpg

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
-------------------possibly helpful information------------------------
In an emergency, if no more KI tablets available, you can topically (on the skin) apply an iodine solution, like tincture of iodine or Betadine, for a similar protective effect
(WARNING: Iodine is NEVER to be ingested or swallowed and is poison to drink). For adults, paint 8 ml of a 2 percent tincture of Iodine on the abdomen or forearm each day, ideally at least 2 hours prior to initial exposure. For children 3 to 18, but under 150 pounds, only half that amount painted on daily, or 4 ml. For children under 3 but older than a month, half again, or 2 ml. For newborns to 1 month old, half it again, or just 1 ml (one measuring teaspoon is about 5 ml, if you don’t have a medicine dropper graduated in ml). If your iodine solution is stronger than 2%, reduce the dosage accordingly. Absorption through the skin is not as exact a dosing method as using the tablets, but tests show that it will still be very effective for most. Do not use if allergic to iodine. There are also a few other medical conditions and medications that are contraindicated that your physician can best advise you about.

Interesting Lycan you posted this up,I never knew,last week news on ukraine said the country is running short on iodine pills as folks are in panic mode the ruskies are shelling nuke plants,fall out to follow.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
interesting how many would just roll over and die, if you arent in the immediate vicinity of a blast, your chance of survival with some basic planning are decent, at least in the short term. Most important thing to do would be to shield critical electronics from EMP, this means getting them under ground or inside structure with significant mass. Most vehicles and electronics would be toast.

"(Any high-altitude EMP attack must be conducted at an altitude of 20 miles or above.) At 25 miles, the area of the Earth's surface within line of sight of the blast, and thus theoretically exposed to the E1 pulse, would have a radius of some 440 miles."

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
interesting how many would just roll over and die, if you arent in the immediate vicinity of a blast, your chance of survival with some basic planning are decent, at least in the short term. Most important thing to do would be to shield critical electronics from EMP, this means getting them under ground or inside structure with significant mass. Most vehicles and electronics would be toast.

"(Any high-altitude EMP attack must be conducted at an altitude of 20 miles or above.) At 25 miles, the area of the Earth's surface within line of sight of the blast, and thus theoretically exposed to the E1 pulse, would have a radius of some 440 miles."

Fargo would be assured to take a direct hit due to the air base and I'm fresh out of underground bunkers....

Good luck with that one.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member

If the world as it is was a more appealing place, and the future and direction of humanity looked brighter (even without this war), I’d be more inclined to go out of my way to hang around awhile. Don’t misunderstand me…I squeeze plenty of enjoyment out of every day with my family, my friends, my hobbies, etc. but the future looks grim in my opinion. I can only be so optimistic when constantly reminded of all the greed and selfishness and hatred in the air. I’m reminded of it every day at work, every time I catch the current events, even every time I check out Nodak angler. The world is absolutely saturated in hate and evil. As long as I am able, I will spend my life trying to provide my family with the best possible future but I’m not going to spend my energy running from problems either. The only hope for future generations in my opinion is to actually have to go through some hard times and become survivors. When everything is rosy and sweet all the time, every generation gets flakier and flakier, weaker and weaker, and you start seeing the opposite of natural selection and survival of the fittest, and the celebration and perpetuation of the absolutely most bizarre shit. Again, don’t get me wrong - I want my kids to have things as good as possible but in reality I also know that having it made in the shade is NOT what will make them strong, successful, and more importantly good parents if they are ever around long enough to have their own children. With the world in the current state of affairs, I want to throw up when I think of how things will be when my kids are just 10 years older than they are now, or even two years. At a break neck pace the past few generations including my own have done what we can to screw it up for them. I’m not excluding my own recklessness and selfishness from the mix either. I’m as guilty as anyone.

To be quite honest, if I actually thought there was immediate peril upon us, I would gather my family together and spend our final amount of time doing whatever they wanted to do, and probably find some sort of therapeutic relief in the process.

Last edited:

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
All my life I've had 2 recurring dreams. So far, 1 has came true guess what the second one is?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1