What are you SHTF plans?

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that we would get an hours warning is very optimistic. First I dont know that the warheads would be in the air much more than an hour. And its not hard to imagine the arguments that would go on in the war room over what to do and when to do it. I think we would be lucky to get 15 mins warning, if they tell us at all.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prison sex?

Glad Im not having your dreams!

I do think there is a chance we would get little to no warning also, the higher ups know this could/would cause chaos on a grand scale, still IMO the ethical thing to do would be to give people a warning. There are people who would be able to survive, given just a little bit of notice. Just getting underground for a few days would dramatically increase your chances, if thats in a tunnel, or abandoned mine, or even just a well constructed root cellar, it could save a lot of lives.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Stay off social media..get real ppl

I don't think anyone actually thinks we're gonna get nuked or is actually planning for it (maybe a few are?). A hypothetical question was asked and people are giving hypothetical answers. It's all just in fun. Albeit dark fun.

We live only a couple miles from Sarah Palin and as everyone knows, she can see Russia from her house. I think I would likely go before all you guys! If Russia puts a nuke in the air, it will be shot from the sky somewhere in the Pacific. There's almost no doubt in my mind about that.

I've spent a lot of time up at Clear AFS. It's fascinating place. By far the most strategic base in our nation for ballistic missiles and nuclear missiles; especially when it comes to Russia. That along with the missile interceptor on Kodiak and the guys ready to party at both JBER and Eielson, I don't stress about a nuke at all. But for all the reasons listed above, I think there's no doubt that AK would be the first place attacked though. I'm within a few hundred miles of all them bases. I talk to folks on Eareckson almost weekly for work and as far as they make it sound, it's all quiet out there. Until they start staging aircraft out there, I don't think the govt is too worried.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
War with Russia, if that were to ever happen, would definitely be brought to our shores. We’re so use to fighting wars over seas that we seem to think a war will never be fought on US soil. Ole Pooty would definitely bring it to our shores. For sure not ground forces but definitely missles. Also he would be the first to send a nuke. Not us. Personally we need to stay the F out of Russia buisness over there it is really none of our buisness. Now if he drags us into it, game on but right now we are sticking our nose in a place that has zero to do with us again. We really are messing with fire. Russia isn’t anything like the rinky dink third world country’s that we’ve been messing with the last twenty 30 years. They are a whole nother animal with a ruthless leader. We have Joe Biden.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would be bad for him to send paratroopers in now with all the snow goose hunters out. Mag dumps on ruskies floating out of the sky with the 12 gauge

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
War with Russia, if that were to ever happen, would definitely be brought to our shores. We’re so use to fighting wars over seas that we seem to think a war will never be fought on US soil. Ole Pooty would definitely bring it to our shores. For sure not ground forces but definitely missles. Also he would be the first to send a nuke. Not us. Personally we need to stay the F out of Russia buisness over there it is really none of our buisness. Now if he drags us into it, game on but right now we are sticking our nose in a place that has zero to do with us again. We really are messing with fire. Russia isn’t anything like the rinky dink third world country’s that we’ve been messing with the last twenty 30 years. They are a whole nother animal with a ruthless leader. We have Joe Biden.

"Common Maaaan.... we got the thing, you know.... mumble mumble"

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do any of you older guys remember having nuclear bomb drills in school ? We watched a film about it first and then had a couple drills where we practiced crawling under our desk.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this all traces back to cornpop…. I heard he was a bad dude.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do any of you older guys remember having nuclear bomb drills in school ? We watched a film about it first and then had a couple drills where we practiced crawling under our desk.

I'm pretty sure a desk is going to save you from a nuke. Seems legit.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We called it "kissing your ass goodbye" when they would have us sit in the hallway and tuck your head down between your knees...that was about 3rd grade.

NodakBob

Honored Member
bombs.jpg

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh that was it. We boys called it the bend over and kiss your ass goodbye position.:) Oooops should have read the next post.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he woukd take out Ft Peck. By the time it hit the gulf it woukd take out approximately 18 million people. It woukd also cut me off from Yellowstone where there woukd be no season and no limits.;:;rofl. Seriously though I'm more along agreeing with KDM.

In theory, Garrison Dam was designed to withstand a failure of Fort Peck. Not sure we'd care to see the carnage created by the need to dump that much water out of Garrison, but in theory the dam itself should survive. I have to imagine those downstream of Garrison would also be designed to withstand the loss of a dam above them. Will there be a flood? Absolutely, but everything north of the civic center in Bismarck would be left untouched.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure glad I went hunting a lot last few years before all this inflation .

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
First get a log of Copenhagen . Then i would do some dog training after that see what happens. what ifs are fun

Hell yes. Remember when the log was "10"? Remember when you didn't have to specify what fucking kind of Copenhagen?!:mad:

I'd try to make a final post here expressing my love for all retards. Then: All the while praying for my kids and my soul; I'd uncork a gallon of Jack and attempt to beeline in my CD player equipped F-150 to ground zero.

This:

https://youtu.be/_4Ci9ifIBn4

Maybe this but probably real KISS (only have an hour):

https://youtu.be/9oZYuun8LAE

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 1
Top Bottom