What do you do with your fish?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me to. Can you imagine the SLIME, and smell on that tire!! ;:;barf:;:muahaha :;:smokin

gatorbaiter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well it works like this... you put on your big girl panties, roll up your sleeves and start cleaning them slimy ol' northers. When your done you have a massive pile of some of the best tasting fillets that you can find. That bunch of 21 pike that you threw up over yielded over 18 pounds of deboned fillets. That much great fish, when spread around among the party, would feed a fish fry of 72 people; figuring 4 ounces a piece which is about right for most.:;:thumbsup:;:duelAnd yes, always mark the hole when you leave.

- - - Updated - - -

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fresh fried pike in the permanent is becoming a mainstay for me. Either way, if I'm in the permanent, we tend to clean our fish right away if the fishing slows down. When mobile, it's a bucket of snow and hopefully a stop at the cleaning station before I get home.

Aquaholic

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used the drop down net yesterday outside and not in a house. It worked well for perch and other panfish. I did check it often for ice build up because I was lucky to put fish in it.
Im curious if a large walleye or pike(s) if pointed downward could create enough momentum to pull it under the ice. The net does have handles to tie it off if im worried.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to eat pike through the ice. My barfing was for thinking of all the slime in the hole that many fish would put there.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drilled into someones dookie hole once, effing sucked, but my jackass friends really enjoyed it.

I keep them in a bucket in an attempt to prevent freezing, and eventually a slime fest. I had a huge fish popsicle once that I ended up discarding some of the catch as it was making me queasy. I can gut a gut shot buck like nobodies business, but a bucket of slime and rotten crotch smell is where my iron gut draws the line.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drilled into someones dookie hole once, effing sucked, but my jackass friends really enjoyed it.

download.jpg

Last edited:

hardwaterdriller

Founding Member
Founding Member
I made a livewell out of a bucket for the permanent. Use a boat livewell pump and PVC placed in the ice hole and adds water to the bucket. Then drilled a hole in the upper side of the bucket, fit with PVC, for a water outlet that drains back into the ice hole. Turn it on so often and circulates fresh water and the fish stay fresh until they are ready to be cleaned.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me guess, the fuel door.... haha no one looks there.
For 29 years my buddy has used the fuel door, gas tank door, haha, as does 90 percent of hunters.
I haven't pulled a key in 10 yrs, it's all insured, god bleSs America

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11