What would you do if you caught a 10lb Walleye?

What would you do?

• Catch & Release

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Mount It

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Eat It

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Founding Member
not mounting another until I break 16-18 lbs out west. ;)

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shotgun a beer if i remember how, have a helluva night with the boys, and head to lakota the next morning Thumbs Up We seem to do a fine enough job at the having fun part, but when a big deer is shot, banded bird hits the ground, good day of coyotes, or big walleye ends up in the hands, watch out! Ha

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can honestly say I have only scaled one fish. It was a 23lb buffalo. I measure length. I am after a 30"+ eye like the rest of the world. I'll know looking at the fish when it's the right one for the wall. Until then, the grind continues.

PapaWoodie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My biggest is 8lb 2oz on the wall. Sure wouldn't mind one bigger. Not sure about CPR or Mount a Replica..... A nice cold beer and some high fives definately!

Definately feel ya on the buzzkill when a huge carp gets to the top of the water thinking it was a walleye..........

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a couple around 10 on the wall. The next 10 will go back in hopes of one closer to 12.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
might take the necessary pics and measurements, release it and have a replica made. I have my first whopper walleye on the wall already.

I agree. I think I'd rather have a replica than the real thing.

A fish like that can be the highlight of somebody's fishing career. By releasing it, (and assuming it lives) you give somebody else the chance to catch it again and be the highlight of their career.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Already have a 29 inch, 11 lb 8 oz on the wall. A 10 would only go on the wall if one of the kids or the wife caught it. I still remember the joy and excitement 19 years ago when I caught mine so if I was to land a 10 lber I would release it so somebody else may have the opportunity at a whopper. For me it's become more about the memories and good times made when out fishing more so than hoping for whoppers...of course I still love to catch my limit, fresh fish is deliscious! Lol

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7