What's worse?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we head down to Cabo every year, I have never needed to know all the lingo, as they speak very good English. I do however know they are calling me a dumb American in Spanish as I can pick up that much of it, and I am okay with that...haha

Cerveza anyone?

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you call a person that knows 3 languages?
Very educated

What do you call a person that knows 2 languages?
Educated

What do you call a person that knows 1 language?
An American

Sweet! I'm educated! But that doesn't mean that I'm not American. :)

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When we head down to Cabo every year, I have never needed to know all the lingo, as they speak very good English. I do however know they are calling me a dumb American in Spanish as I can pick up that much of it, and I am okay with that...haha

Cerveza anyone?

"Poor some more" Jr

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
CRT (critical race theory) is way worse because it’s bullshit and useless. Learning a foreign language at least has the potential to benefit you down the road at a job or just in life by happenstance. Plus, knowing a bunch of foreign languages might be a turn on to some smart chick down the road who has a real good job and can support you while all you do is hunt and fish…or play hockey or whatever.

CRT only has the potential to turn you into some woke pussy or someone who goes on social media sites and dishes out negative reps. We don’t need any more of those folks, that’s for sure.

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I honestly hadn't even heard of CRT until this post.

Sheltered life I guess.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
CRT is worse BY FAR!! What's wrong with learning a foreign language. Even if it's our cultural enemy, it's not as bad as learning hate.

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No time for it! Didn’t know what crt was either nor do I care to know now!
This world is fucked anyway what’s it matter what you speak? All they want to do now days is stick there noses in everyone else’s business worrying about everyone else instead of them selves. They all hide in there zoom rooms and wear masks doing so! They can jibber jabber all day in whatever language they want I’ll never talk to them so really don’t give two fucks!
Fish on!

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kids learn languages easier at earlier ages, high school is really too late IMO to be starting languages, if you ever expect to get really good at them. Id rather see them learning mexican, as that is what half our country will be before we get the politicians we need to restrict the border again. Any language is better than the CRT crap thats being spoon fed to kids in the public schools these days. Parents really should object vehemently.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Com-on lycan,kinda racist ain't it..."mexican language" lol,I agree tho English has never been deemed our national language for whatever reason,learning spanish these days is a plus,next it'll be somalian....

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
No time for it! Didn’t know what crt was either nor do I care to know now!
This world is fucked anyway what’s it matter what you speak? All they want to do now days is stick there noses in everyone else’s business worrying about everyone else instead of them selves. They all hide in there zoom rooms and wear masks doing so! They can jibber jabber all day in whatever language they want I’ll never talk to them so really don’t give two fucks!
Fish on!

^^^The voice of reason right there^^^

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All you guys that are claiming ignorance to what CRT is and then going on big rants about how the world is going to shit better look in the damn mirror. Virginia went from Biden winning by 10 points in 2020 to a Republican governor being voted in a year later by a +2 margin. Exit polls were very clear that among several other issues, "schools" was the main driver. All of them suburban women that Trump lost are waking up to the brainwashing going on in the schools, mainly horrible things that are being protected under the CRT umbrella. CRT and other nonsense being taught in the schools will be a key driver in swinging suburban women in the next election. We have an issue that can actually swing a very important demographic and you guys are choosing to remain blind and scream names at a computer instead of educating yourself and passing on the info to others. Be part of a real solution instead of taking the easy way out. Not learning about something doesn't make it go away, that's like closing your eyes when the bear attacks and saying "if I can't see him, he can't see me." Good luck with that. If you fall into the category of not knowing what CRT is and just going about your day b/c you're not into how exhausting politics are, I can understand that at least.

As far as teaching young kids other languages, I agree with what others have said. My toddler's in-home daycare family is from Puerto Rico (became citizens by the Dad joining the US military). My toddler speaks Spanish around the house. He also has a Chineese-American girl in at daycare that speaks Chinese and he will say things in that too. I think it's great and will be an extremely useful skill. And he will retain WAAAAY more than I did with 3 years of high school Spanish where the focus was hitting on exchange students.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88