Votes: 23 23.7%
  • no slots

Votes: 74 76.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walleye angler attrition on the river south of Bismarck per spring is probably on par with northern consumption by day for the whole lake. Northern are the real problem ppl and us angler gotta get out there and get um for every nose in the air slot preaching walleye angler would go and keep a few pike for fertilizer or pickling you'd make a bigger difference then a slot.

I gotta admit, this spring on the river when my buddy caught a ~10# pike w/big ol' fat belly I had a hard time believing the words that came outta my mouth, "put her in the well". It felt sadistically GOOD when I laid the knife to it and threw 1/2 billion eggs in the garbage with the guts/carcass. I then laid the skin-on fillets onto cedar planks and let the 'Egg bathe them in a mixture of 225 degree oak, hickory, and mesquite smoke for ~2hrs. It's good on crackers with beer.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
This right here will make far more of an impact on lake oahe fish numbers then guys keeping big ones. That's a big chunk of water that will flow straight to oahe as well as a big shot to sak.

Screenshot_2016-03-28-17-22-55.jpg

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
My feeling is that slot limits are a last ditch effort to do the least for a fishery. It is easy to get worked up over spring fishing, I respect all who are concerned but get a little bored with the sky is falling mentality. In order for 1,000s of fish to be kep in a day, there are many, many times more than that in the river. Everyone seems to assume if I am catching a limit today, every single person out here is too and that just is not the case. As spring runs to summer, more people fish and like others have said, it does not matter when you remove a fish, it is no longer a spawner.

Most guys would have no issue saying Lake Erie is a world class walleye fishery. No slots, limit does get dropped during spawn from 6 to 3. Tbe lake and rivers get pounded on a level that makes anything here seem like nothing. Yes it is a bigger body o water but Sak and Oahe are no slouches and in my mind, pressure on fish stocks from angling seems light. If we can manage not loosing too much water the next couple of seasons, there are going to be a good many quality fish mixed in with all the teenagers. Low water and low prey recruitment are our enemies and i do not want slots to protect a trophy class when a dry year can wreck a fishery and a good many of those fish just die off.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
As it happens one of my buddys was out there last week. Would love to see the face of the people at the cleaning table when they showed up. Out there this is the norm like 20 inchave were oahe back a few years ago.

IMG_1460.jpg

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is a pile of fish, pretty sweet day I would say. Did they do it on their own or guide? Good hatch last year, ougbt to be nuts there in a couple seasons. If anyone is a trolling junkie, no better place to get yer fix.

Last edited:

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am opposed to slot limits. Would like every person to have a self-imposed limit and each person can decide what is right for them, but have a limit nonetheless. Like has been stated, the people that fish 5 days a week and have to come home with a "limit" every time kill way more fish than those going out every so often even if they keep a couple bigguns.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As it happens one of my buddys was out there last week. Would love to see the face of the people at the cleaning table when they showed up. Out there this is the norm like 20 inchave were oahe back a few years ago.

NDGF WMA Viewer.jpg

The guy on the right is Ben he tests concrete I work with him a bunch. I had pictures sent to me from another guy with them and wow. 300 walleyes 8 pounder average with 30 fish getting mounted. A bunch of 13 s 5 days of nice weather on erie is magical.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because you don't stock a lake that produces more then it can handle on its own.

??? Don't me dig out my #1 armchair biologist job. Ok

1. Fact 1. Nd is stocking sak like no tommorow. If u read my take on this in the so called no forage days which equaled more forage then a walleye can eat. Hence no slot required

.2. Sd has a slot. Not sure if it works but we bend over the sodaks every other river fish we catch out of the big mo. Fk sd let's let keeps every gd thing

3. Dl is being raped and pillaged by every sota sconi and ahab known to man. They started stocking the east side which is probably be needed as the numbers decrease. The water is dropping. Is a slot going to help. Idk but the numbers need to watche d closely. Spawning helped this lake as the water drops who knows. If any of the big 3 needs a slot it's dl

4. The little lakes they need to be managed. Slots r in plac we already

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
HaHaHaHa!!! Finally got "Bad Rep'ed". I was feeling left out, but I'm all good now!!!!!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I eat quite a bit of walleye, but that right there would be way more fish than I could consume in several years. Holy Scale Breakers Batman!!!!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

NDGF WMA Viewer.jpg

Winning.jpg

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are there laws against catching keeping, and then cleaning and eating walleye? Or is it that some of you guys want laws against it?
I am hoping you more laws and rules guys enjoy hillary, and her ilk. Cause its just fish, and we NDrs catch and eat em, cause you give a man a fish you feed him for a day you teach a man to fish and he turns into a political douche who suddenly needs laws and rules to fish...
#slotlimitsaregayandlawshurtnoncriminals

Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought only a couple walleyes are capable of reaching eight pounds?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 221
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 65