Worst Hunters Ever

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last summer I started prepping my bowhunting spot. I cut the weeds and cut fallen trees to create travel lanes. I hung my stand in July. One week before opener another hunter, who also had permission to hunt, came in and hung his stand 15 feet from mine. I talked to land owner and found out he had two kids and wanted a spot to hunt. I'm a big supporter of taking kids hunting and have access to other land. Long story short I didn't hunt this stand all season but did leave my stand and trail cam. I wanted to see what I was missing. This fall when I was getting my trail cams ready I noticed someone had taken a knife and punctured the IR lense on my trail cam multiple times. I only had pictures of this guy along with his kids on my camera. Not hard to figure out who did this. I cannot believe he would do this especially with kids around to see. Way to teach your kids sportsmenship! The second one was last fall also. This happened south of Mott during pheasant season. I was traveling down a section line when I came up on a pickup, with SD plates, that had two teenage kids hanging on to the headache rack in the box with guns hanging out the sides. I did call the GNF on this one.:mad:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know man. There were probably some Neanderthals that died of starvation that weren't very good at hunting.

All kidding aside, that sucks dude.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
People that do that shit shouldn't be considered hunters. It is those people that give real hunters/sportsmen a bad name.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was taking a piss one time out in the tree rows, when I notice a game cam pointed right at my dingaling. So I waved it around a bit, figured as long as they have some wiener pictures I might as well Anthony wiener it...haha

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to admit, it is shite like this that makes me want to throw in the towel. I too, have had morons hang stands that close to mine. Worse yet, I have had people sit in my stands. How do I know? Because of the cigarette butts pushed into the branches of my tree. Oh, but wait; it gets worse. I have even had my tree stands stolen all together. It is a complete shame that idiots like this steal a sport like this from me. I work hard, spend money on this sport that I probably shouldn't, just to have something like this happen? And the old lady wonders why I growl like a demon when someone sets up a fish house 100 feet away from me. Great! Now I need a Milwaukee's Best Light. I should sell everything and just buy a Yeti cooler. From what I understand, setting a Yeti cooler close to a small lake will allow me to ice fish in October.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was having a few Ice cold Busch lights last night at a buddies house, he was serving them on his back porch, they did not taste as spiffy cold as the ones I have out of the Yeti, as he was using some old wheeled coleman. Silly bastard has no idea what he is missing out on.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have also had someone set up a stand in the tree next to mine. I just took mine down and found a new spot. If someone has the balls to do that, then I dont really trust them with stands/cameras tempting them the whole season.

On a different note, this weekend for duck opener we got into the spot 2 hours before sunup as to not take any chances getting beat to the spot. 20 minutes before shooting a truck drives by and realizes we are already set up, so what does he do? Drives to the next pasture over, which is gated and posted, and drives down to the water and sets up directly 100 yrds across water from us. Some people are just pricks. We sat there with headlamps shining, said a few choice words, and got on with our great morning of a shoot. He only shot a few times since he wasn't on the spot. But who does that? Just sets up right next to another group of hunters. One of my pet peeves. Some people got nerve.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have also had someone set up a stand in the tree next to mine. I just took mine down and found a new spot. If someone has the balls to do that, then I dont really trust them with stands/cameras tempting them the whole season.

On a different note, this weekend for duck opener we got into the spot 2 hours before sunup as to not take any chances getting beat to the spot. 20 minutes before shooting a truck drives by and realizes we are already set up, so what does he do? Drives to the next pasture over, which is gated and posted, and drives down to the water and sets up directly 100 yrds across water from us. Some people are just pricks. We sat there with headlamps shining, said a few choice words, and got on with our great morning of a shoot. He only shot a few times since he wasn't on the spot. But who does that? Just sets up right next to another group of hunters. One of my pet peeves. Some people got nerve.

I'm totally with you on this one. A couple years ago I was bow hunting on the opening Saturday of rifle season.(didn't draw a tag). Got to my stand well before sun up. Some prick comes walking through the trees at 8:30, noisy as can be. I could hear him coming at least a 1/4 mile away, walks within 40 yards of my stand(yes I'm wearing blaze orange), I ask him what he is doing, he simply gives me the finger and keeps going. But I figure if he is stupid enough to be so loud as to spook everything within the county while walking the trees, I shouldn't be surprised by his response.

Oh what I wouldn't give to own 40-50 acres for bow hunting.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not going to say you are wrong, but I have had 3 IR lens taken out by wood peckers... only 1 of those cameras had the picture of the wood pecker doing it.
HUNT0094 (2).jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yoby,

Was that you who posted that woodpecker pic back in the day which looked like an alien creature?

HUNT2EAT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have under several occasions walked to my tree stands excited for the evening hunt to find someone in it already! One guy even argued with me saying it was his stand! I weld my name in all my stands and told him that the odds of us both having the same name, welding it into the stand in the same place and set it in the same tree are highly unlikely and to get the "bleep" out!

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have to chain and padlock a tree stand so it doesn't get stolen, its not worth the effort and worry! Some real assholes out there that give the true sportsmen a bad rap. Sad.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had the same issue with woodpeckers. In fact they have destroyed the lenses on all but one camera.

Fortunately, they are easy to replace. Just don't go to the mfg to get the lenses. They will charge a small fortune for them (at least the one I contacted who was willing to sell me replacements).

I picked up the lenses from a site found for the homebrew trail cams and they worked just fine and were much cheaper. No issues with those replacements either.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
:DWell...?

I tried to send that to C2C but didn't (still) have the skillset. LET'S DO IT! hee hee

"Alien Creature Caught on Trail Camera"

hee hee

NDA mark on the world if everyone keeps their mouth shut...One tool will eventually ruin it but no one needs to confirm. Good stuff for our NDA truck drivers.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39