Wyoming muledeer

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No congratulations necessary. But thank you for the compliment!

I feel sorry for you though. Carrying all that cynicism around must make for a miserable life. Cheer up! There’s more to life than chasing made up conspiracy theories on the internet.
Haha pimping the science conspiracy theories. No one can ever explain how this has been around for over 60 years and we still have deer. Some one in “science “ found a way to make a bunch of money and scare people hit the “ science “ jack pot now with a side of avian flu

BrockW

How the fuck do you study mortality rates of a disease or the disease in general when you kill off your populations 🤷‍♂️
GPS collars. Wisconsin has a study going on right now where over 700 deer have been collared. Arkansas, CO, Wyoming, all those studies use GPs collars.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fast forward 20 years……anyone have the map of actual ag land in Wyoming? I know it’s not almost zero. Especially eastern Wyoming. Furthermore doesn’t anyone find it convenient this “study” is coming out just after one of the hardest winters to hit the big game populations in Wyoming ever….. some areas saying up to 70% mortality on pronghorn 2 years ago. Can’t imagine Muley numbers looked good either. I mean when a chunk of shit is rolling downhill it’s easy to pile on 🤷‍♂️
This study as done in a completely different region than the one that got hit hard by winter a couple years ago. Where this study was done there was not much snow compared to the i80 corridor. If you look at the dark gray counties in WY it represents the Laramie range that is mainly wilderness except where there are creeks or rivers that can be dammed and irrigated. These few areas are mainly hay/ alfalfa files and also house the only measurable populations of whitetail deer in WY. What is correlated who knows. This study isn’t even a dark gray county on that map

BrockW

Haha pimping the science conspiracy theories. No one can ever explain how this has been around for over 60 years and we still have deer. Some one in “science “ found a way to make a bunch of money and scare people hit the “ science “ jack pot now with a side of avian flu
Well, for the first 20 years it wasn’t really in a lot of places, so it would be hard to kill all the deer in states where they didn’t even have the disease. C’mon, you can do better.

IMG_7798.jpeg

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something
That’s the point I believe some of us are eluding to. Is/has cwd always been here all along and the higher use of glyphosate basically “supercharges” the rate of incident and extremities of the disease. Meaning in lower chemical areas the rates are lower and possibly mortality rates lower or nonexistent? 🤷‍♂️ It’s pretty obvious that a lot more research (unbiased) needs to be done before we just accept complete slaughter or complete government overreach into this. How the fuck do you study mortality rates of a disease or the disease in general when you kill off your populations 🤷‍♂️
extreme is going on in that study area, I’m glad they are studying it to this depth. Hopefully they come up with something meaningful to get to the root of the issue

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a shame that people like Fauci, Obama, and Bill Gates involved with covid have caused so much distrust with their little game with human lives at stake. Agreed their is much biased research in all areas because the funding is bait to to many scientists. I am as suspiciouse as the next person, but which ones are trying to decieve us? I dont know and that's a big part of our problem. This if as seriouse as many think is to important to just write off. It may not be as important as some think, but makeing light of it is also foolishness. We do need to find out how important this is and perhaps the only way we can all come together is if we fund both those that think it's bad, and those that think it's not seriouse.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, for the first 20 years it wasn’t really in a lot of places, so it would be hard to kill all the deer in states where they didn’t even have the disease. C’mon, you can do better.

IMG_7798.jpeg
Dude….. come on…. It wasn’t in a lot of places because we didn’t start testing heavily for it in a lot of areas up until the last 5-10 years….. can you prove that cwd didn’t exist in nd or any other place for that matter 30-50 years ago? And how? Come on man you can do better.

BrockW

Dude….. come on…. It wasn’t in a lot of places because we didn’t start testing heavily for it in a lot of areas up until the last 5-10 years….. can you prove that cwd didn’t exist in nd or any other place for that matter 30-50 years ago? And how? Come on man you can do better.
To build on Allen’s excellent post a page or two back, there really isn’t any indication that this disease has always been around. CWD has a very predictable pattern, meaning the geographic distribution is radial and progressive. Starts small, with a couple cases, then grows outward in geographic area and prevalence.

If it had always been on the landscape, we would’ve picked up pockets of the disease much more randomly, and at much more varying prevalence rates. We wouldve likely documented disease impacts in the wild much sooner as well. Instances like mentioned in the article that started this thread would’ve been documented all over the map, literally, with no pattern or predictability.

Instead, the places where it’s been the longest or where best management practices aren’t being adhered to, the disease is the worst and/or growing the fastest.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a shame that people like Fauci, Obama, and Bill Gates involved with covid have caused so much distrust with their little game with human lives at stake. Agreed their is much biased research in all areas because the funding is bait to to many scientists. I am as suspiciouse as the next person, but which ones are trying to decieve us? I dont know and that's a big part of our problem. This if as seriouse as many think is to important to just write off. It may not be as important as some think, but makeing light of it is also foolishness. We do need to find out how important this is and perhaps the only way we can all come together is if we fund both those that think it's bad, and those that think it's not seriouse.
Yea Yea Yea , lets just throw a bunch more money at it and create a bunch of jobs and boards that have to look for work to justify their existence. Perfect example of this is the beaver dams along the creek that runs through my property. There has never been a problem for the last 120 years until the water board paid for a drone to fly up and down the creek to look for beaver dams . Now all of a sudden we have a water problem that has existed since I was a kid but it has never caused a problem. Now they want to use more of my tax money to blow the dam dams that I want there in the first place.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

IMG_7798.jpeg
What was the rate of testing the first 20 years? The rate of testing hasn’t even been very high the last 10 years it jumped when a scientist found out there is money to be made.

But I guess if it’s operation clean sweep sign me up I like killing shit.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread has been about as predictable as the spread of a disease.
Yes with moderate to left leaning people who are generally on some form of government dole trying to flex “science” on us degenerates who just don’t understand the world and how it works. So glad we have smart people in government to save us from ourselves. Our saviors ☺️…. Where do I send more money to help fight this terrible cause? Or should we suggest to neatly shove the whole circus that’s been created where the sun doesn’t shine?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
What was the rate of testing the first 20 years? The rate of testing hasn’t even been very high the last 10 years it jumped when a scientist found out there is money to be made.

This…… ND didn’t even start testing broadly for it until the feds came out with mandates for a percentage tested to receive certain monies. Then the politicians and state officials starting salivating at the signs of “free” money. And poof just like that we get guys like Brock popping up like snake oil salesman. They didn’t even really start voluntarily testing to any degree up until the last 5 years.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
To build on Allen’s excellent post a page or two back, there really isn’t any indication that this disease has always been around. CWD has a very predictable pattern, meaning the geographic distribution is radial and progressive. Starts small, with a couple cases, then grows outward in geographic area and prevalence.

If it had always been on the landscape, we would’ve picked up pockets of the disease much more randomly, and at much more varying prevalence rates. We wouldve likely documented disease impacts in the wild much sooner as well. Instances like mentioned in the article that started this thread would’ve been documented all over the map, literally, with no pattern or predictability.

Instead, the places where it’s been the longest or where best management practices aren’t being adhered to, the disease is the worst and/or growing the fastest.
I asked if you can prove cwd hasn’t been in deer herds all along. Didn’t need your rambling. Can anyone prove deer haven’t had cwd all along? And as stated earlier Correlation isn’t causation……. Am I doing science right?

Average_NDA_Member

Best part of covid is now we always have that one in the chamber tell ya what I don’t like what yer sayin boom just say I ain’t fallin for Covid again governent fauci then make fun of science and its checkmate libs

BrockW

This…… ND didn’t even start testing broadly for it until the feds came out with mandates for a percentage tested to receive certain monies. Then the politicians and state officials starting salivating at the signs of “free” money. And poof just like that we get guys like Brock popping up like snake oil salesman. They didn’t even really start voluntarily testing to any degree up until the last 5 years.
That’s false…a lot of false. There is no federal mandates for testing. There is no “free money” for agencies. There is no money for finding positives. And voluntary testing started well before 5 years ago.

BrockW

There’s been hundreds of thousands of tests done in the last 20 years, if not over a million.

BrockW

This thread has been about as predictable as the spread of a disease.
The reputation of this forum is well known, so none of this has been a surprise. But there’s lots of lurkers, so it was worth a shot to try and get good information out there.

Average NDA member is perhaps the most accurate parody account I’ve ever seen.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best part of covid is now we always have that one in the chamber tell ya what I don’t like what yer sayin boom just say I ain’t fallin for Covid again governent fauci then make fun of science and its checkmate libs
Exactly…. Fool me once. They’ve been at it for years and now we all know what we’ve all suspected.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s been hundreds of thousands of tests done in the last 20 years, if not over a million.
The IHC test is $40 bucks, times one million performed equals $40 million. Is testing a cure? Nope.

Of course, not all tests are done at the federal facility NVSL Ames Iowa. Universities can perform an ELISA test for $20 bucks. The ELISA test looks for anti-bodies' antigens in lymph nodes. Can tell if you had a bad infection or are pregnant.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 314
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 64