You know what pisses me off!!!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Note, some insurance companies will give you discounts (State Farm being one of them) for installing an app on your phone to monitor your driving habits. I'm a hard no on such things.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had sweaty palms the first time I drove in Salt lake with 5 lanes bumper to bumper at 80 plus MPH but it didn't take long for me to actually enjoy driving there. If you get in a wreck though it aint gonna be just a fender bender, I drove past the jaws of life in use several times. I still say NDDOT road engineers should go there and spend 40 hours behind the wheel for training because they do a lot of things right. The good thing is the traffic flow , I spent a few years there and never once saw a traffic jam or anything even close to one.

It seems like rush hour all day long except for 10:00 AM Sunday morning when the Mormons were in church and the drunks were still sleeping. I always planned my rig moves for then.
Yeah, I am sure most trucking companies now use GPS data to help keep their drivers in check and lower their insurance rates. It's really common tech nowadays. For example, my ex uses Life 360 to monitor the kids' locations. Back in July, she sent me a screen capture of Life 360 showing my son going in excess of the posted speed limit on I-94 and suggested he needed a talking to for how significant the penalties for speeding can be.

He was a passenger in my vehicle and I was anxious to get back to fishing after picking him up from camp. šŸ˜†

What I don't understand from your trucker friends' comment is how he would know when, exactly, the computer would record and send out the instantaneous speed and location information. I think he is likely wrong on there being a way to defeat it by "timing" your speeding.
I didn't quite understand that either and I didn't ask , unless it was every minute on the minute and he has a stopwatch on the dash. This was many years ago when all this new jazz was just coming out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 72
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14